2013 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (85-77) OFFSEASON

We can remove TB from the equation. That's reverse Friedman philosophy. Maddon has faith in Cobb. Move Price, then Matty.

My dream is Price and Moore outgoing for Walker and Taillon.

It was, but they still need an improvement/upgrade in LF. Dombrowski wants Choo badly by all accounts. Unless you believe Dirks will rebound in a platoon setup and his poor play was injury related.

I find it more likely Scherzer is re-signed. Because he will cost a monster package in prospects plus the extension. Which club would be willing to do that? When you can give up less for Shark. Price is also comparable and readily available.
Idk if Detroit is in on Choo anymore. Most are saying that they're not pursuing him anymore since they signed Rajai Davis and plan on having him split playing time with Andy Dirks. 
We can remove TB from the equation. That's reverse Friedman philosophy. Maddon has faith in Cobb. Move Price, then Matty.

My dream is Price and Moore outgoing for Walker and Taillon.

I don't want Ibanez. One of the worst OFs I've ever seen.

I'm definitely interested in Santana. We have no idea if he can pitch or not.

Philly: It's likely Dombrowski settles for a platoon with Dirks in left. Money saved on Choo goes to Scherz. But Detroit can outbid Daniels and Texas' 6/120. With a seventh year. Arizona is out with Trumbo. It's down to Detroit, Boston, Texas, Seattle.

Jack can still take Price without the extension. You have him for two years. Not for Walker though.

I've said LAD or TEX for Price from the jump.

Pittsburgh a major dark horse if they'll part with Taillon.

In Yankee dream world, what if Cash had the stones to say forget signing Garza (rough year at Arlington) or trading for Masterson (not worth 5/75), and pry Scherzer from Detroit. It's quietly known that Dombrowski would accept a premium offer or package.

Question is do the Yanks have the pieces to entice Dombrowski. And then you have to pony up for a big extension.

You have to consider all options because indications are Rakuten will not post Tanaka, as Pro has reported.

IDK if the Yankees would be willing to give up a Sanchez, Mason Williams combo for Scherzer.

They said at the start of winter meetings that their 3 top studs - Sanchez, Williams and Heathcott are not for sale. I'd love Scherzer but idk if the Yanks would pay the price

Venom: Why not swap Sanchize with Murph.

From Detroit's perspective, Murph had the better 2013 and you're buying Sanchez off a low year.

According to Jon Heyman, the Reds offered the Yankees Brandon Phillips for Gardner and they turned them down. It looks like its Infante or bust for them at 2nd.

^ just read that |I

Can't ******g believe we turned that down. Gardner is an average player with speed

at this point id honestly roll with nunez and Johnson at 2B with Reynolds at 3B or M.Young for cheap for 2B/3B unless Cashman can pull something out of the hat because we need to allocate all the money we do have left to the pitching

at this point id honestly roll with nunez and Johnson at 2B with Reynolds at 3B or M.Young for cheap for 2B/3B unless Cashman can pull something out of the hat because we need to allocate all the money we do have left to the pitching

You never mention Nunez's name again.

Brett Gardner's WAR 4.6 for 2.3 million dollars
Brandon Phillip's WAR 1.6 for 50 million dollars

Bravo to Cashman for not jumping at this proposed offer

And we are currently getting pillaged in the Rule 5 draft

Brett Gardner's WAR 4.6 for 2.3 million dollars
Brandon Phillip's WAR 1.6 for 50 million dollars

Bravo to Cashman for not jumping at this proposed offer

And we are currently getting pillaged in the Rule 5 draft

Right? Especially with his declining OPS & for Gardner.

According to Jon Heyman, the Reds offered the Yankees Brandon Phillips for Gardner and they turned them down. It looks like its Infante or bust for them at 2nd.

I couldn't believe that...how and why would they turn that down?

First off, not trying to get at you Venom. This is for everyone is shock they turned that trade down.

Has anyone actually seen Brandon Phillips' stats and his play the last three years? With four more years on his contract?

Isolated power for a RHH in a band box for righties from .157 to .148 to .135
On base from .353 to .321 to .310
Slugging from .457 to .429 to .396
wOBA .353 to .325 to .307
WAR 5.6 to 3.7 to 2.6

Last year, posted career worst in batting average, home runs, runs, stolen bases, strikeout rate, swinging strikeout rate, slugging percentage, isolated slugging percentage, batting average on balls in play, batted ball distance on homers and flies, ultimate base running, and four-component speed score.

He's 32 and post-peak. He's always been very reliant on his ability to make contact outside of the zone and have a great BAPIP. That's gone, he's not going back to that.

I'm not trading a guy who will be a five win player put back in LF for him. You can't just trade Gardner to trade him because you have a hole. You make a trade that makes sense.

Infante is a MUCH better fit.

Last edited:
Yankees rejected the Gardner/Phillips trade was because of Phillips' decline and $50M owed. Didn't realize he's owed that much. Rather try and snag Homer Bailey from them if we were going to be trade partners.

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 53m

#yankees offered infante 3-year deal. But he's seeking $40M, 4 yrs. kc among others in.

Last edited:
I don't know if the Yankees didn't mind his contract BUT Phillips said he would come to NY if we restructured his contract for more money which is crazy. Good player and I would love to have him but he's 32 and already overpaid.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom