2013 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (85-77) OFFSEASON

Come on now I love Robbie but he's nothing more than average at second base. Almost 95% of his value has been and always will be offensively driven.

BTW E, every Yankee prospect outside of Sanchez took huge steps back last year. Their value is very low right now. Besides, if it's true Philly is not eating any salary, they can go **** themselves prospect wise.

I like Bailey in New York. Gardner + someone like Phelps/Nuno would get that done.

They said that Sale isn't going anywhere unless it's a trade they can't turn down basically.

Come on now I love Robbie but he's nothing more than average at second base. Almost 95% of his value has been and always will be offensively driven.

BTW E, every Yankee prospect outside of Sanchez took huge steps back last year. Their value is very low right now. Besides, if it's true Philly is not eating any salary, they can go **** themselves prospect wise.

I like Bailey in New York. Gardner + someone like Phelps/Nuno would get that done.

Yeah I know about the value of our prospects.... Not only do none of them have value, none of them will be playing here in 2-3 years anyway..

Again, I'm fully against trading Gardner, it is stupid and short sighted.

I find it most likely Sale stays with the CWS, rather than a trade to NYY or elsewhere.

Cashman's actions indicate the team is expecting and planning for A-Rod to not count towards the 2014 number. Hence the repeated 189 figure for luxury tax purposes.

Supposedly the Yanks have no interest in Garza, which surprises me a bit.

I could see Infante or BP end up in the Bronx. Infante can play second or third. BP's overrated for his current contract, but you can't ignore the glove work or pop in his bat.

I'm guessing no Yanks fan is interested in a Gardy/Murph swap.

All of them out there? That park is like 30% full.

He's just bitter the yanks didn't want him.

Enjoy .245 20 HRs 75 RBI 180 K's and a 72 win season, bum.

Yeah I know about the value of our prospects.... Not only do none of them have value, none of them will be playing here in 2-3 years anyway..

Again, I'm fully against trading Gardner, it is stupid and short sighted.

Oh, I agree.

I just like Bailey :lol:

Garza looked atrocious back in the AL...IDK if I'd trust that.

I'm definitely okay with trading Gardner for a pitcher. Bailey or Masterson. I would rather have one more solid pitcher and let go of an OF.

I'd make a play on Cole Hamels but only if Phillies eat some of the contract...I know they say they won't eat $ but if you can get them to eat 40% I'd do it

Good luck convincing Ruben to do so. I think he's selling Hamels low.

Is he worth the contract given? No, most players aren't. Is he the pitcher from 2013 moving forward? No, probably not. Merely an aberration.

I'm definitely okay with trading Gardner for a pitcher. Bailey or Masterson. I would rather have one more solid pitcher and let go of an OF.

Probably not Masterson. Their IF defense won't be good enough to let him be what he is. Plus, he can't get out lefties anymore. Or better yet, he goes one year giving up everything to lefties and then one year figuring out how to finally get them out. Too inconsistent.

Good luck convincing Ruben to do so. I think he's selling Hamels low.

Is he worth the contract given? No, most players aren't. Is he the pitcher from 2013 moving forward? No, probably not. Merely an aberration.

Hamels is an elite lefty, sure he's better in the NL, but he is a consistent strike out artist and can go 7 innings every time out. Put him in a rotation with CC, Kuroda, Pineda and you have a shot every day.

Cashman says Mark Reynolds is in play...
Protection at third: Cashman has Kelly Johnson in the fold and feels he could play second or third. He would like to have a right-handed platoon and said Mark Reynolds is a possibility.

"We had a lot of hard 'triers' last year," Cashman said. "We need to improve on the results."

Reynolds has a career .834 OPS against lefties, while Johnson is a .759 OPS guy against righties. Johnson is a little better (.770) against lefties, but in nearly one-third of the at-bats.

Also I love this...
"I'm trying to get our offense to where we are used to having it," Cashman said. "The top two or three offenses in the game. We need more work."

As for pitching

Garza may be risky, so may Santana but I think it might be good business to sign one of them on, let me finish... Getting a Ace or #2 through trade isn't likely. Trading Gardner for a #3 is stupid.... Tanaka isn't likely... Sure it may be over paying them, but we are asking them to be #3s not 1 or 2.... And seeing how much more Cano made on FA rather than extending, I doubt many top name guys will just extend, rather than bidding themselves up... Then you can drop whoever you sign down again...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom