2013 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (85-77) OFFSEASON

Alfonso didn't play 2B last year when we needed him to. He won't this year.

I think it's worth trading Gardner if for some reason we were offered a solid SP. That won't happen. They said trading Ichiro is more likely than trading Gardner.

I want Infante

Rather trade Wells than Gardner if it comes down to it. Wells had some bad stretches last season.

Can't wait for the Sterling calls:

"It is high, is it far it is.... gone! Carlos Beltran! Oh, he belted one!" , "Jacoby Ellsbury! Oh, he buries one!" , "Brian McCann! Oh can he do it, yes he can!"

Last edited:
:smh:

Absolutely not... Bailey is good, but it's 1 hole to fix another.....

I do not want to watch Ichiro play next year, and I don't think the Yankees want to either... And now with Beltran probably moving to DH with Sori going to LF because Gardner is gone.. It means we will overpay for Choo to be our RF.

If it was Bailey & Phillips for Gardner, Ichiro & Fill In the Blank prospect.. Then I'd do it..

Only under the assumption that we'd go after Nelson Cruz and stay far far away from Choo

But since it'd be a Gardner for Bailey swap.. Absolutely not because then we'd have to fill 2B, 3B, RF, which would lead to a 6 year overpay of Choo.

Last edited:
I think the Yankees have to look at it long term. Gardner is gonna be a free agent after this upcoming season. Are they going to resign him or are they going to let him go because according to some they have some really good OF prospects in Mason Williams, Slade Heathcott and Tyler Austin. If they're gonna let him go, maybe try to get some pitching that can help now and in the future. 

And instead of going out and spending money on a closer or set-up man why not give Robertson and Mark Montgomery a chance. Before last season Montgomery was a lock to be a late season call-up but injuries prevented him.

I think the Yankees have to look at it long term. Gardner is gonna be a free agent after this upcoming season. Are they going to resign him or are they going to let him go because according to some they have some really good OF prospects in Mason Williams, Slade Heathcott and Tyler Austin. If they're gonna let him go, maybe try to get some pitching that can help now and in the future. 

And instead of going out and spending money on a closer or set-up man why not give Robertson and Mark Montgomery a chance. Before last season Montgomery was a lock to be a late season call-up but injuries prevented him.

I get that point of view... But they are spending money to win now.. Not 3-4 years down the line..

And trading Gardner unless it is a package for a superstar, it doesn't move us forward to winning now..

Trading Gardner for a 4th Starter... Now turns our biggest strength in OF to another hole to fill.

It's why I said Gardner & Ichiro have to produce filling 2 holes.. But then we'd end up wasting $ on a long term deal on Choo..

Last edited:
gardner can take a walk, i'd trade him for a pack of smokes right now ..

choo can go somewhere else, i'll take nelson cruz out of all of em .... #stillsalty ..

Yankees aren't interested in Choo. They told Beltran last night it was either him or Choo but he had to decide last night. If he didn't, we would go get Choo.

THANK YOU CARLOS :smokin

Yankees aren't interested in Choo. They told Beltran last night it was either him or Choo but he had to decide last night. If he didn't, we would go get Choo.

I read that as well..

Here's the thing... Then what happens if we trade Gardner.. We'll have 2B, 3B & RF or DH to fill..

I hope to hell it isn't turd sandwich, giant douche and Eduardo Nunez filling those roles.

Choo obviously has the edge in age, but I rather give Beltran 3 years than Choo 5+.

We need to keep Gardy, he's been pretty valuable on this team the past few years. Looking at who they were considering trading him for, I don't think it would be much of an upgrade. He gets on base, he has speed, and he can play anywhere in the OF.

Gonna miss Cano, but obviously he just wanted to maximize his bank account....No one will care about him in Seattle :lol:

I will say this... Cano is clearly the best Second Basemen in the league by far...

Phillips is like 3rd - 5th.. Somewhere in there..

Cano gave us a **** ton of production for $15mil, for what he was paid for his production, he was severely underpaid.

You're paying Phillips $11m, $12m, $13m, $14m in the next 4 years.... He will produce what you paid him...

But unless we can get him for someone other than Gardner, I'm not into it anymore. Or something like Gardner, Ichiro, 2 prospects for Phillips & Bailey. And I know that would never happen.

Last edited:
Cano is probably the #2 greatest defensive second baseman all time and probably top 5 overall. His bat and his defense will be missed his hustle not so much.

Last edited:
reading the last few pages, and i dont agree that the yanks need a great offensive player at 2b...it isnt needed.... we cant have a star at every position... I dont mind giving a young player a chance, cause in a few years they will have to replace the entire in field

^ Problem is we have no young guys to take over in the infield... Not one.

Last edited:
Nelson Mandela to get a plaque in Yankee Stadium's Monument Park

URL]

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://...oQFjAC&usg=AFQjCNGIjGzn8P7gTU46f6CUv7DzU_7rIg

The plaque will be unveiled next season on Jackie Robinson Day -- April 15, when the Yankees host the Cubs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom