2013 New York Mets Season Thread

Sick plays tonight from Murph, Byrd, and now Hawkins.

Can we get some insurance damnit?!

Forever Young!(If you been to any Mets games this year, you should understand what I mean) EYJ with the walk off homerun. Sucks Wright is hurt, he is also on my fantasy baseball team. Hopefully a good game tomorrow while I'm there, I wonder who is going to pitch since Torres pitched tonight.

Last edited:
Young's such a solid addition to this team. If we could get some pop in RF and first base, and consistency at short, we'll be ok for a while.

with that injury can't imagine this lineup with Wright on the DL for a bit :smh:

Hopefully others take advantage of the playing time

Good job Harvey. Got tix for Mondays game against the dodgers. Hopefully he gets the start that night so I can see him pitch again.

Not sure we will scratch more than 3 runs with Wright out of lineup. West coast swing up next. Hopefully we build on this little momentum but playing better teams.

This team has to spend money this offseason, we are closer to contending than a lot realize I think.

Mejia, Murphy, Syndergard for Stanton...Do it :pimp:

And its going to be great to see Ike end the season hitting .220, just good enough where we will get roped in and bring him back again next year and precede to see him open the season hitting .130 :smh:

I'm not looking at Ike's BA for the whole season anymore, just since his return from Vegas...hitting .317 and getting on base....at least there has been progress from useless to serviceable.

Lagares has been on a nice streak since the break, harvey has the lowest ERA in baseball since the break too.

If we spend money, where should it be spent? Elsbury is a big name but he turns 30 years old in september, do you offer him a long term contract?

Last edited:
If money is to be spent it needs to be spent wisely.

Spending money on big names doesn't guarantee success. See angels and quite a few other high payroll teams.

That said, if they can get Stanton in a trade that benifits them then by all means pull the trigger.

Synagard + Flores for Stanton

Only reason I say Flores is because he doesn't really have a position right now

Wright needs some protection

2014 is almost upon us. I've been waiting for this season ever sense Wheeler was traded here

Last edited:
I highly doubt Mets get Stanton, they would have to give up too much. I'm sure Beltran would love to come back and Cruz was a Mets prospect before, maybe he can actually play for them.

Synagard + Flores for Stanton

Only reason I say Flores is because he doesn't really have a position right now

Wright needs some protection

2014 is almost upon us. I've been waiting for this season ever sense Wheeler was traded here

:rofl:

You're out of your mind if you think the Marlins even respond to that offer for Stanton. I doubt Flores is that highly regarded because of his lack of a position, but if even he was a solid position player (at a position of need for the Marlins), that's still not enough. D'Arnaud or someone else would need to be in that deal.

Anyway, I hope we get a look at D'Arnaud and he can live up to even near his potential down the road. Catcher is such a position of need and aside from Buck's first month as a Met it's been a huge weakness for a while, especially offensively. I wouldn't mind Recker still as a backup.

We all know we need a bat in the outfield, someone to replace and obviously be able to be with the team for a while after Byrd even though he's been a steal. EY Jr been a huge lift to the team, not sure about long-term on him but he's got value to the team and Lagares has been impressive lately and great in CF since he's been up.

Otherwise, SS is an issue & we need to figure out what to do with Ike & Duda/1st. I'm okay with Murphy at 2nd if that's the best option but he's kinda disappointed me this season and I was a big Murph fan.

It's interesting because we've got a lot of "maybe" guys and unknowns right now. I hope Parnell is okay but it just sounds like something that is gonna be a big issue. A bat is a HUGE need though, no matter what.

Last edited:
:rofl:

You're out of your mind if you think the Marlins even respond to that offer for Stanton. I doubt Flores is that highly regarded because of his lack of a position, but if even he was a solid position player (at a position of need for the Marlins), that's still not enough.

This is why I said I don't see the Mets trading for Stanton. Miami would want Noah, Zack or Matt, Travis and someone else I'm sure, which is too much.

The Mets offseason is going to be crazy, their outfield is going to be crowed, Ike is inconsistent, a lot of starting pitching(great thing), need a better short stop, no position for Flores and a must obtain an impact bat or two. I think Sandy is going to pull off some good trades and not give out a big contract, but trade for one.

You guy forgot this is the Marlins. Like they don't make head scratching move all the time.

The Marlins don't want talent they want to suck
And Wheeler is more than enough to get Stanton

Back
Top Bottom