2013 New York Mets Season Thread

Venezuelans pick up the language...Dominicans, not so much :lol:

Lol. It seems that way, but I'm sure it depends on the player. Some what to learn, some don't care. When Reyes was a rookie for the Mets, his english was horrible. As the years went by, it got better. Reyes will never speak english perfectly, but he learned a lot.

Reyes "Tayke the treng to the gayme" promos were the worst. :lol:

It is true for the most part with Venezuelans.

Reyes "Tayke the treng to the gayme" promos were the worst. :lol:

It is true for the most part with Venezuelans.

Like I said, he will never speak it perfectly. I know Dominicans who lived in USA longer than Reyes and they can't even say that lmao. I know some who speak the same or better than him, it depends on the person.

Last edited:
I don't see him missing more than a month, haven't seen or read anywhere that he would be out for the year.

Either Sandy or Terry recently said something like they don't know, it could be a couple more weeks or it could be the rest of the season.

I don't know that he'd definitely be back by Sept considering there's less than 3 weeks left in the month, I hope he does but I'm pretty sure they'll take their time with it.

Mejia's strikeout on Puig is indeed sweet.

I like the way Ike is batting. Great patience.

Mets have been putting on a defensive clinic as of late, not this 6th inning though. Should've been out of the inning a lot sooner.

He threw 5 balls and was credited with a strikeout, unreal.

Last pitch was way outside and the check swing was not even close.

He threw 5 balls and was credited with a strikeout, unreal.

Last pitch was way outside and the check swing was not even close.

Yeah, that was pretty awful. I can be objective on calls but that at bat was a ripoff. :smh:

Mejia has looked good, hope he can stay healthy and get those bone spurs cleared up without any more issues. Would be awesome to have him in the rotation...Harvey, Wheeler, Mejia, Niese, Gee...Syndergaard in the future? :wow:

Last edited:
That rotation from day 1 next season with our added depth in the minors, perfect.

Flores might be heading to the DL with ankle problems. If he does, that will suck for him.

I don't go to sleep til late but I hate these west coast 10pm starts...plus as much as I like watching Harvey on the hill, this is a slow as hell game. Harvey getting himself into trouble and it caught up with him there, offense it's doing much to help him either but I know Ryu is legit. Tough lineup to face.

I'm half asleep but Harvey's control has been awful after the first inning, very uncharacteristic of him.

Even at his worth he is weathering the storm, Mets offense without Wright/Flores/Ike will have to find a way to score some runs.

3rd straight game with an early lead vs the Dodgers, hopefully this stands.

Still upset over the first game of the series.

thought he almost knocked himself out :lol:

Puig chases a lot of awful pitches when behind in the count. :x

Gee has looked like a new pitcher since that Yankees game, nice job at weathering the storm.

Have a feeling we'll need to see the Mets score 1 more run.

Back
Top Bottom