2013 New York Mets Season Thread

:x @ Murphy's throw error. Harvey looked like he wanted to beat someone up. Damn that guy Zimmerman.

That ******g sucks... Were in complete control... Couldn't bring the run home from 3rd with less than 2 outs cost us.

Haven tomm... Need to pile it on. Wasted effort from Harvey yet again.

Matt Harvey has 7 no-decisions or losses this season (non-wins) in games in which he allowed one run or fewer. :x

W/L doesn't indicate anything about how well a pitcher has performed, it just looks "sexy".

It'd be tough with the innings watch.

Last edited:
Matt Harvey has 7 no-decisions or losses this season (non-wins) in games in which he allowed one run or fewer. :x

W/L doesn't indicate anything about how well a pitcher has performed, it just looks "sexy".

It'd be tough with the innings watch.

They kept Mejia up to have a six man rotation, so he should be finishing the season just less innings each start.

Last edited:
Cy will come down to Harvey and Kershaw as long as they keep up current pace. Although I agree that wins are not necessarily the greatest stat to look at, especially with the poor run support we give Harvey, I don't think a player is winning Cy with less than 15 Ws.

last time I said that we lost all 3.

plus we struggle vs Miami, let me lower my expectations.

Just want to see a .500 record, anything more is a plus.

.500 would be great. Wasn't much talent on this roster offensively early on. Things are clicking somewhat now. Really like the Eric Young Jr. addition and what Lagares has shown.

It'd be incredible in a couple years to have a rotation with Harvey, Wheeler, Montero & Syndergaard if the last two could amount to anywhere near what scouts believe they can be. Wheeler has been solid but not spectacular so far, it's just so early in his major league career. Biggest thing will be these guys staying healthy.

Other than that, I wonder where guys like Ike, Duda, Satin fit in...who, if any, will be our regular 1st baseman and be reliable at that position. Do we have any position players in the minors who can hit and are above average at an actual position? Flores has promise but everything I read is that he doesn't have a spot in the field.

It'd be incredible in a couple years to have a rotation with Harvey, Wheeler, Montero & Syndergaard if the last two could amount to anywhere near what scouts believe they can be. Wheeler has been solid but not spectacular so far, it's just so early in his major league career. Biggest thing will be these guys staying healthy.

Other than that, I wonder where guys like Ike, Duda, Satin fit in...who, if any, will be our regular 1st baseman and be reliable at that position. Do we have any position players in the minors who can hit and are above average at an actual position? Flores has promise but everything I read is that he doesn't have a spot in the field.

Flores is currently playing 1st, but has been playing 2nd. He's true position is 3rd, but that ain't going to happen. I read they have talked about trying him at left or shifting Murphy to 1st and play him at 2nd.

do you guys expect the Mets to make any moves this trade deadline?

Btw, I know randomly started posting here, but been a fan since the Piazza days then slowly became disinterested after Reyes got moved. The Knicks and Mets were just too much so i had to let one go :lol:

I like the direction this team is headed now though.

Dominic Smith bro.

Problem with Flores is the kid keeps growing, but a good positoon for him would be first base. I'm not sure what's going to happen with Ike but if he doesn't show he belongs the Mets will explore other options. Not sold on Satin either but he has helped the team currently, still a small sample size.

Lot to be optimistic about the next few years, Mets have too much damn pitching and that's a great problem to have

edit: as I type this Ike with the garbage at bat, Lagares two run triple.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom