2013 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: February 21

I just don't get how you can be loyal to a franchise, a coach and not a teammate.

Especially a future hall of famer that helped you win your first ring.
KG went through a lot of years with McHale and the coaching staff back in Minny. That's his first team, they drafted him.

We don't know how KG and Ray vibed as friends or how close they were.

Specifically though, I don't see how KG not acknowledging Ray right before the game has anything to do with the word "loyalty"

All i want is Al Jefferson, Josh Smith or Paul Milsap to come to the Spurs without giving up Kawhi Leonard, and i'm happy

That's highly optimistic. :lol:

I can't see anything going down because (1) Leonard is the main piece other teams want and (2) the Spurs definitely aren't trading him.

milwaukee better not trade henson. Him along with sanders are the only 2 I know for sure I want to keep. id get rid of jennings and ellis and get lottery picks the next 2yrs

The Clippers and Jazz have "a level of mutual interest" in a trade which would send Eric Bledsoe to Utah in exchange for Paul Millsap.

The same report cites to sources who "strongly predicted that L.A. would stand pat" before the trade deadline, but the Clippers are at least willing to ponder a deal for Millsap. With Bledsoe under contract until the end of next season, when he becomes a restricted free agent, the Clips may end up keeping him for their playoff run.

The Nuggets are "unlikely to make a deal" before the trade deadline, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports.

Timofey Mozgov and Wilson Chandler are among the players coveted by GMs around the league, and Andre Miller has complained about his role off the bench, yet Denver seems comfortable keeping their deep roster intact.

Bucks coach Jim Boylan disputed an ESPN report which said there were "irreconcilable differences" between the Bucks and Brandon Jennings.

"Brandon and I talk all the time," Boylan said. "I just know my conversations with Brandon. He's here; he's a Milwaukee Buck." Jennings also cautioned not to read into his recent decision to switch agents, but there's little doubt that the soon-to-be restricted FA will explore signing with a big-market team this summer. He's still a viable trade candidate, but recent reports suggest Monta Ellis and Samuel Dalembert are the Bucks' most likely to be traded this week.

Odd that the Clips would be interested in Millsap. Him and Blake playing together would have no rim protection and be pretty undersized. They would be good offensively though.

Can someone tell me why anyone is interested in Bargnani? This has to be smokescreens coming from Toronto right? He's been TERRIBLE and he's on a long contract? Why even trade Boozer for him? Now the Bobcats are thinking of trading Gordon for him?

The Clippers don't need any more help on the bench.

If the KG deal isn't there, then I would stand pat & hope that Paul & Griffin don't get injured in the playoffs again

The Wizards, haha. If he goes to the Wizards RIP to his career.

Josh Smith needs to be structured in order to become better.

KG is an extremely loyal guy. He never once asked for a trade in Minny. Never once asked for a trade in Beantown.

If there's someone that's going to be traded by the deadline though, IMO it's either Jennings or Josh Smith. Almost positive neither one will be in a Bucks and Hawks uni by next season, so I could see those two teams trying to get something in return for them. Jennings has even been pretty vocal with his desire to explore the Free Agent Market.

He's the same guy who didn't want Boston until Ray arrived. Kind of a hypocrite, he'll go if it's the right situation.
It's already been beat to death in here but it was more about not wanting to leave Minnesota than making the move to Boston...I don't see how he can be called a hypocrite, dude is as loyal as they come.
I just don't get how you can be loyal to a franchise, a coach and not a teammate.

Especially a future hall of famer that helped you win your first ring.
KG is loyal to the teams and coaches he plays for...Allen jumped ship. That has nothing to do with KG being loyal to a franchise.

Kevin love for pau?? Lakers would be losing out...nash for rubio would be epic!!

Nah man... Kevin Love for Pau would be amazing for the Lakers...

Kevin Love is the player the Lakers want Pau to be now...

Also Dwight and Kev together with Clark who proves to be a solid rebound and Kobe at the top of his position in rebounding would be tough for teams...

Last edited:
Odd that the Clips would be interested in Millsap. Him and Blake playing together would have no rim protection and be pretty undersized. They would be good offensively though.

Can someone tell me why anyone is interested in Bargnani? This has to be smokescreens coming from Toronto right? He's been TERRIBLE and he's on a long contract? Why even trade Boozer for him? Now the Bobcats are thinking of trading Gordon for him?

Bulls are trying to lessen their tax burden.... Pretty much the extent of it... Also they think they have more of an ability to get out of a Bargs contract quicker than they can a Boozer contract.. Which isn't wrong.

Both Booz and Bargs have 2 years left after this season.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom