2013 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: February 21

I picture Gordon telling Dunlap to "come get the ball", Dunlap walking to Gordon, then Gordon tossing the ball to the ball racks to the side of him.

With this facial expression to boot:

View media item 267622

Either Ben knows we're trying to trade him and doesn't really give a damn because he's on the worst team in the league or the players have checked out on Dunlap. Telling him to "humble himself" has me thinking that Dunlap is treating pro's like D3 guys especially after those 4 hour practices earlier in the season.

Dunlap and his coaching decisions have cost us plenty of games after we started 7-5. Rotations late in games make no damn sense especially that Lakers game at home where MKG stayed out of foul trouble and instead of putting him back in the game on Kobe he puts Sessions on him. Dumbass

Bargnani in Chi with Taj and Noah would be scary. Thibs could just mix and match his frontcourt depending on the matchups.

Well this is getting annoying

So basically Jennings does want out of Milwaukee and does have a problem with the Bucks

Lol pretty much. Or else we wouldn't be hearing these reports. I really think Jennings is just trying to get some attention. With the comments like I didn't make the all star game cause I'm in Milwaukee. He's really just over there waving his hands in the air yelling look at me look at me. The all star comment is such a cop out excuse to want out. How about you just play better? Ray Allen and Glenn Robinson didnt get left out cause they were in Milwaukee. Hell even micahel Redd made it. Then to request a max deal. I'm not sure if he really thinks he deserves that or is making crazy requests so he can get out of Milwaukee as well. If someone throws him more than 13 a year ill be happy to hear he's gone cause he's not worth that. He's worth 10mil max. I still see the Bucks sitting on him forcing him to finish the year and prove his worth.

Last edited:
Sources: Bobcats more determined to trade Ben Gordon after incident with coach

After a bout of disruptive behavior from Ben Gordon targeted at Charlotte Bobcats coach Mike Dunlap, the franchise's desire to trade the guard has deepened, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

As Dunlap led the Bobcats in a morning shootaround on Monday before a victory over the Celtics, Gordon refused Dunlap's request to stop bouncing a ball as the coach spoke, sources said. Before long, Gordon began baiting Dunlap, telling him that he needed to "humble himself," sources said.

Gordan refused to give the ball to Dunlap, and eventually tossed it toward a ball rack, sources said.

Bobcats general manager Rod Higgins was in the practice session and ultimately intervened, sources said.

"Beyond disrespectful," was how one league source described the scene.

The front office didn't suspend Gordon, a decision sources said was based in part on the belief the incident would diminish his trade value so close to the league's deadline next Thursday. The Brooklyn Nets are still mulling an offer to trade forward Kris Humphries for Gordon, but have thus far been unmoved over the possibility Gordon can make an impact for them, sources said.

For now, the Nets are searching elsewhere, believing they can always go back and accept the Gordon deal at the deadline. Gordon's performance has steadily fallen this season, including an unproductive 14 minutes against the Celtics that included missing five of six shots.

Gordon makes $12.4 million this season and $13.2 million in 2013-14. The Detroit Pistons traded Gordon to the Bobcats in June.
Link

:wow: :lol:

Gordon the player could be a good fit for what Minnesota needs, but I don't know about Ben gordon the man. Can't have bad seed veterans on a young team like that.

BG :lol: :smh:

I don't want him in Brooklyn now.

All I need is home choking PJ during practice :lol: :smh:

Howard said Friday that Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak has told him he does not want to trade the free agent-to-be. It's the same message Kupchak delivered in a recent interview with Newsday and the same message he's given Howard's agent, Dan Fegan, in recent weeks.

However, CBSSports.com has learned that the Lakers have engaged in preliminary trade discussions with an unlikely trade partner regarding Howard: their fierce rival, the Boston Celtics. The centerpieces of the possible deal, which hasn't gained any traction, would be Howard and Rajon Rondo.
Also, league sources say several other teams intrigue Howard as possible destinations. The Nets, his first choice last season, remain a viable option -- but only via a trade before Feb. 21 since the Nets are well above the tax apron. The third team on Howard's original list, the Mavericks, have plenty of cap room and tradable contracts. The Rockets, hosts for this All-Star weekend, have become more attractive, sources say.

"I like their team," Howard said of the Rockets. "They're a great team. They're young, they play together, they're scrappy. … It's fun to watch them. They're one of the teams that we can tell that in a few years is going to be really good."
Link

RUH ROH.
Sources: Clippers, Celtics discussing Kevin Garnett trade

The Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Clippers have been discussing a deal to trade forward Kevin Garnett for guard Eric Bledsoe and center DeAndre Jordan, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

There are differing factions within the Celtics and Clippers on the prudence of the deal, but the two teams have been in regular contact about the possibility, sources said.

Nevertheless, the biggest hurdle could ultimately center on Garnett's willingness to waive his no-trade clause and accept a deal to the Clippers.

Because of his home in Malibu, and a close relationship with Clippers guard Chauncey Billups, there's hope that Garnett, a 15-time All-Star, could be coaxed into accepting a trade if an agreement is reached, sources said.

The Clippers had expressed reluctance to several teams about parting with Bledsoe until they were certain that Chris Paul would re-sign this summer to a long-term deal, sources said. The organization has become increasingly confident that Paul will stay, but every franchise decision is made within the context of how it will impact Paul, and how he feels about.

There's strong sentiment within parts of the organization that Garnett gives the Clippers a chance to compete for a championship this season. Garnett could spread the floor for the Clippers, and open up the lane for Blake Griffin. In the short term, the re-emergence of Billups could cut into Bledsoe's minutes the rest of this season.

For the Celtics, Bledsoe, 23, and Jordan, 24 would give Boston two young players with significant upside to start a revamp of the roster. With Rajon Rondo returning next season from an ACL injury, it's unclear how the Celtics would proceed, but it could ultimately give them a chance to use a healthy Rondo in trade scenarios.
Link

Last edited:
does Garnett have a clause in his contract?

thats a great deal for the Celtics

Why wouldn't KG want to give it a run with CP3, Blake, etc in a place he has a home?

IF that deal got worked out, no reason for KG to decline the deal imo.

Why wouldn't KG want to give it a run with CP3, Blake, etc in a place he has a home?

IF that deal got worked out, no reason for KG to decline the deal imo.

didnt get mad that Ray left the Celtics?

just saying, im not sure what hes thinking. no one does :lol: dude is weird

True, but that's before Rondo is out for the next playoff. He's not a Celtic lifer......Ray and Rondo gone, give it one last shot. Iono.

He's the same guy who didn't want Boston until Ray arrived. Kind of a hypocrite, he'll go if it's the right situation.

I don't like it for the Clips

why not? :lol:

I told you all they were gonna ask for deandre jordan instead of trash *** butler.

i think this helps both teams

I do not understand how any clipper fan would say no to this trade.

you are trying to win now and keep chris paul in la for a long time. This move does that.

and why the blue hell would the lakers trade dwight for rondo?

what sense does that make?

Good trade for the Clippers, it'd be exactly what they'd need in the half court, and they need to win now. DeAndre is overrated anyways. Too inconsistent.

Wonder what the Celtics would do with Paul Pierce tho. He'd be extremly disappointed. They'd have to explore trading him also.

Every GM in the league right now is working overtime this all-star break. It seems like some big names have to end up being traded.

can you imagine them trying to turn Rondo in a jump shooter ala Steve Nash. That has fail written all over it

Well if you trade DJ and Bledsoe then you have basically no assets to improve around CP3/BG after this year.

If Avery Bradley and/or picks were also in the deal then I might change my mind.

Just dawned on me that if Clips did trade for KG and he retired before 2014 they might be able to squeeze another max deal in for LeBron alongside CP3 and BG.

this just got more intriguing

Now if the deals on the table are Rondo-Dwight and Garnett-Bledsoe/Jordan. Celtics should pull the trigger on both of those

Back
Top Bottom