2013 NBA Summer League Thread (Orlando Starts 7/7 9 AM)

His turnovers were always a problem. And if he keeps that up, any ideas of him being NBA capable go off the deep end.

He isn't completely littered with faults, but you don't go through that many NBA teams and find yourself playing in Kangaroo Jack Arena for no reason.

Olynyk is going to be a problem, he impressed me, the league will market him into a star. But he's good enough to be one

Olynyk is going to be a problem, he impressed me, the league will market him into a star. But he's good enough to be one

His release is SO low and he's not very athletic. I see those as big problems for him in the league.

Remember when Lonny Baxter dominated summer league? :rofl: :rofl:

Yea I like what I saw from him so far too. especially how consistence he's been and the fact that he's letting the game come to him and still fillin up the stat sheet.

Haven't seen Flynn play yet but I guess he learned a lil something when he was playing in Australia

Jackson know damn well he on a different level then these summer league dudes :lol:

Perkins needs to be out there more than him

Last edited:
His release is SO low and he's not very athletic. I see those as big problems for him in the league.
dude is 7 feet tall, has handles, a post game, soft touch, and good range...on a rebuilding celtics with elite pg and resurrected sf he will be a problem

An impressive skill set > being an athlete

Look at all dudes dudes in the summer league that can jump out the gym and dunk and so forth, where's that gonna get them?

Rather be a athlete

Athleticism is harder to get than a skill set

Rather be a athlete

Athleticism is harder to get than a skill set

I'm just gonna be quiet so I don't get banned.

Anyways...Steve Adams was a nice pick for the Thunder. Dude is just huge, strong, moves well and can knock down free throws. He can be like Asik, or atleast a stronger Splitter.

Third factor to athleticism and skill set is IQ/willingness to get better/work ethic. Olynk seems to have at the very least a solid base skill set and a more than decent basketball mind. Looks like a Scola type slitthery guy

It's alot of SUPER athletes out there that ain't in the league.

Hell look at Stephens for example. Son is a god athletically but is probably destined for Europe.

The best players have elite athleticism and a good skill set, Larry bird epitomizes how far a skill set and size can take you but most of the great players of all time were elite athletes

Skill sets can be gained through entensive practice athleticism cannot

A problem I have though is that a lot of guys with skill set could actually improve on their athleticism with proper weight training and nutrition

^ yea but you can never "achieve" elite athleticism you can slightly become a better athlete but thats about it

In my eyes i value attributes like this

1.Size
2. Athleticism
3. Skill set

Back
Top Bottom