2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

I'm not sure Morris is worth the money. If he wasn't on the hot track to becoming a HC, I might consider it...but $6.5MM plus salary is a little much for a guy that'll be gone two or three years from now.

Promote Beaty to OC and go find a young QB coach that can recruit.

And the endowment is irrelevant. An extremely, extremely small portion of that, if any at all, is given to the athletic department. Almost all of that is used on capital improvements and research.

Hyman (I should probably note that this is the AD's name) isn't going to allow anything stupid to happen.

Last edited:
I'm not sure Morris is worth the money. If he wasn't on the hot track to becoming a HC, I might consider it...but $6.5MM plus salary is a little much for a guy that'll be gone two or three years from now.
Promote Beaty to OC and go find a young QB coach that can recruit.
And the endowment is irrelevant. An extremely, extremely small portion of that, if any at all, is given to the athletic department. Almost all of that is used on capital improvements and research.
Hyman (I should probably note that this is the AD's name) isn't going to allow anything stupid to happen.

Well if a percentage of the Endowment goes to sports a bigger endowment means more money. Example what's 2 percent of 1 Billion? Now what's 2 percent of $7 Billion?

Trust I know what endowments are used for, it's how me and 15 of my colleagues are headed to the Arctic Circle for a huge research project in 2013.

Last edited:
ya thats nice and all but how much of that is for sports?

and why would morris sign a contract like that?
The buyout is only for leaving for another OC job. If he gets a HC job there is no buyout. A&M is not going to get Morris. I trust that Sumlin will find another air-raid guy to call the plays. I'm just worried about Beaty going with Kliff to Tech if Kliff offers him the OC job. We need to give him a raise and the Co-OC title with whoever Sumlin hires. 

Jay...

UK beat writer:

@KyleTucker_CJ
I'm not so sure Darin Hinshaw is coming to Kentucky, as has been reported. Hearing it is hardly a done deal -- if even in the works.

have you always been an A&M fan elder? just wondering....I know you attend the institution now which is cool....

We have the 10th largest endowment (money pool with $7 Billion) out of all the colleges in the U.S. Richest in the SEC for sure.

ya thats nice and all but how much of that is for sports?

and why would morris sign a contract like that?
Well, I believe Clemson made him the highest paid OC at $1.3m per and wanted a commitment in a sense. They wanted to try to lock him up as best they possibly could so it was written that the buyout is so steep for him to move to another OC position. Had he gotten the Texas Tech head coaching job, I believe it's a small buyout. It doesn't assure Clemson that Morris wouldn't leave for another OC gig but that's a lot for a school to shell out plus likely paying him a comparable salary. His goal is to be a head coach.

Well if a percentage of the Endowment goes to sports a bigger endowment means more money. Example what's 2 percent of 1 Billion? Now what's 2 percent of $7 Billion?
Trust I know what endowments are used for, it's how me and 15 of my colleagues are headed to the Arctic Circle for a huge research project in 2013.
It's not necessarily a linear relationship, though. Texas has an endowment of right over $20 billion, and their athletic department takes none of that.

The amount contributed to the athletic department is usually dictated by rather strict budgets set out months if not years in advance. Hell, even getting current coaches raises requires approval on several different levels and at least 3 or 4 months.

It's not necessarily a linear relationship, though. Texas has an endowment of right over $20 billion, and their athletic department takes none of that.
The amount contributed to the athletic department is usually dictated by rather strict budgets set out months if not years in advance. Hell, even getting current coaches raises requires approval on several different levels and at least 3 or 4 months.

[COLOR=#red]I see what you are saying.

Mr. Marcus, I wasn't always a fan I'll be honest. Prior I had no affiliation to the school and I'm not originally from Texas. But the school spirit takes over you fast with this school. Which is good if you like the kind of stuff.[/COLOR]

Man, people talk about Petrino being a scumbag but Tuberville is right up there with him. How are you going to leave recruits at dinner & not come back to accept the Cincy job? He could've at least paid for the dinner & explained something. Brings to mind how he left Mississippi back in '98. He commented about that basically being his last job then days later taking the Auburn job... :smh:

Florida State quarterbacks coach and former Auburn great Dameyune Craig is expected to visit the Auburn campus Thursday to discuss the possibility of coaching wide receivers on first-year coach Gus Malzahn's staff.

Rumors Craig told Marquez White that he would be leaving for The Barn.

Tuberville couldn't step into my home if I'm parent after this situation.
Coaches leave schools EVERY year after recruiting kids and telling them that they will be there for there entire 4 years. It's a part of the business. As a Cincy fan, I've definitely learned that. The AD at Cincy is adamant that he didn't contact Tubs until Saturday morning. He said that at the presser before this story was even told, and reiterated it once the recruit told the story. He'd have no reason to lie about when he reached out to Tubs before the recruit's story even emerged, so I'm inclined to believe him. *shrugs*

Tubs is a pretty respected guy in coaching circles. President of the AFCA. Not considered a "slimy" guy at all.

Last edited:
I know that coaches leave every year. That's not what I'm bringing up. He didn't even have the decency to say something came up and he has to attend to it. Up and leaving with the impression that you were going to the restroom is classless.

Man, people talk about Petrino being a scumbag but Tuberville is right up there with him. How are you going to leave recruits at dinner & not come back to accept the Cincy job? He could've at least paid for the dinner & explained something. Brings to mind how he left Mississippi back in '98. He commented about that basically being his last job then days later taking the Auburn job... :smh:

While at Mississippi Tuberville made the statement, "They'll have to carry me out of here in a pine box," in reference to not leaving to coach at another school.

Tubs :lol:

Last edited:
I know that coaches leave every year. That's not what I'm bringing up. He didn't even have the decency to say something came up and he has to attend to it. Up and leaving with the impression that you were going to the restroom is classless.
And he denied that it happened. The University didn't reach out to him until Saturday. Meh. Same story that Whit Babcock said at the presser before the interview as well.

http://www.utsports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/121312aae.html

laugh.gif
 @ the PS job that they did with the ties. That's awful.

Last edited:
And he denied that it happened. The University didn't reach out to him until Saturday. Meh. Same story that Whit Babcock said at the presser before the interview as well.

http://www.utsports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/121312aae.html

:lol:  @ the PS job that they did with the ties. That's awful.

Coaches and ADs consistently lie about contact or stretch the truth regarding search committees contact, etc.

And now that the Big East is dissolving what's gonna happen with Cincinnati & can we be sure UConn to the ACC is a done deal?

It's a fight for survival and one of the Big 12 or ACC will not make it. I can see a endgame of the FBS teams breaking away from the NCAA.

I think the Big XII is going to survive because Texas is going to ensure it survives. They need to, in order to keep the Longhorn Network alive.

The Big East just crumbled. The Big Ten knee jerked and went after Maryland and Rutgers.

The four super conferences would've been great, Texas ****** it all up, :lol:

Pac 16
Big Ten (16 teams)
SEC
Big East/ACC

Instead there are teams in conferences that make very little logistical sense. They need to go back to the drawing board and re-do this round of realignment.

The log jam for Texas and the other parts of the Big 10 was the Longhorn Network solely, right IronMan? The other Big 10 schools were ready to jump once Texas did?

People don't know how close the Pac 16 was to happening. The LHN killed the deal in the end, but it was close, schools in the Pac 12 getting on the phone and telling the OOC teams on their schedule that they might have to reschedule close.

Pac 12 Schools + Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech and Texas. Almost a done deal. Probably would've been the final push to get ND into the Big Ten, and other dominoes to fall.

In the end, didn't happen. Pac 12 didn't want the Oklahoma schools w/o Texas in the mix even though they didn't want to stay with Texas and the influence they wield. They kind of had no choice once the Pac 12 turned them down.

Back
Top Bottom