2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

It's funny that Notre Dame fans are pretty much the only people that think the wrong guy won last night.

lmao.. far from it.. i live in Texas.. and everybody keeps telling me man i can't believe Manti didn't win.. i keep telling them i expected Manziel to win because... well you know..

Not sure how far the talks have gotten but Butch Jones has called Tee Martin.

is there any audio or interviews with Tuberville? has he explained his move to Cinci ?
do you know if Tee would be a position coach or coordinator with UT?

lmao.. far from it.. i live in Texas.. and everybody keeps telling me man i can't believe Manti didn't win.. i keep telling them i expected Manziel to win because... well you know..
Funny...I'm in Texas too, and everyone I talked to expected Manziel to win. What city are you in?

Last edited:
Funny...I'm in Texas too, and everyone I talked to expected Manziel to win. What city are you in?

San Antonio.. no lie, leading up to the heisman i had more people tell me they thought Manti deserved it than people telling me Manziel.. like i said.. i kept telling everyone while i'd love Manti to win it.. I fully expected Johnny Football to take it home..

As soon as Teo won the Maxwell award it was pretty much a given that he wasn't gonna win the Heisman

If Bryant inks w/ ND he'll be the best back on the roster.

Last edited:
It's funny that Notre Dame fans are pretty much the only people that think the wrong guy won last night.

I'm not a ND fan, but I think Te'o should've won over Manziel. Te'o has led the comeback of one of college football's most storied programs not only to an undefeated season, but the national championship game.

Ok... but again... is Manti the best player in the country?

Because statistically he's not even the best linebacker let alone defensive player.  So what did he do that's Heisman worthy?  ND going 12-0?  Pittsburgh hits a field goal and Manti's not even a finalist.

Because statistically he's not even the best linebacker let alone defensive player.  So what did he do that's Heisman worthy?  ND going 12-0?  Pittsburgh hits a field goal and Manti's not even a finalist.

I see what your saying but for me I'm looking at the larger picture not just the stats. I agree with whoever said it earlier, the heisman should just be changed to an offensive player award. Like Dre said, as soon as Te'o won the Maxwell, I also thought he didn't have a shot at the heisman...

I'm not a ND fan, but I think Te'o should've won over Manziel. Te'o has led the comeback of one of college football's most storied programs not only to an undefeated season, but the national championship game.

He doesn't deserve the heisman because Notre Dame has been irrelevant for the better part of a decade.

Every single argument I've read for Teo involves an intangible attribute

Last edited:

He doesn't deserve the heisman because Notre Dame has been irrelevant for the better part of a decade.

I don't follow your logic Sneaker Pro?

Te'o is a couple of lucky bounces on interceptions away from having an extremely average season.

I would have been fine with him winning the Heisman if he would have been even top 50 in the nation in tackles. For the "best defensive player in CFB" that interception number is the only thing that really stands out about him on paper.

Last edited:
..and still being the best player on a team that was #1 in points allowed, #4 in rush defense and #6 in total defense.

There's room to put him somewhere in between Heisman winner and run of the mill MLB.

San Antonio.. no lie, leading up to the heisman i had more people tell me they thought Manti deserved it than people telling me Manziel.. like i said.. i kept telling everyone while i'd love Manti to win it.. I fully expected Johnny Football to take it home..

san antonio, the second biggest pro longhorn city in texas not named austin? makes sense that everyone you talked to would be backing teo.

the biggest case i heard anyone make for Teo was that notre dame was undefeated and he was the best player on their defense.

..and still being the best player on a team that was #1 in points allowed, #4 in rush defense and #6 in total defense.
There's room to put him somewhere in between Heisman winner and run of the mill MLB.
Average opponent: 62nd total offense, 72nd scoring offense

He's obviously a lot closer to Heisman than run of the mill LB (top 3-5 of all LBs), but I don't see how someone can say he got robbed last night.

Last edited:
If Manti was the exact same player but played for Bama or any other top 5 team, would he even be in the top 5 of Heisman candidates? Great person, great player, but has no business being a Heisman candidate. Sorry. They had a great D this year, but like dude above said if Pitt's kicker hits a chipshot field goal he's not even in the discussion, and really shouldn't have been anyways.

Last edited:
748852.jpg

Saw this somewhere yesterday and thought it was funny...

The ONLY arguments for Te'o are intangible nonsense. He's a great linebacker, but he wasn't the best linebacker or defensive player in the country. He was not the best player in college football this year. No way, no how.

How many heisman winners were arrested & jailed during the year before winning the award?

Last edited:
Who cares? The Heisman is a football award, not a Good Samaritan of the Year prize.

He was arrested for getting into a scuffle outside a bar and having fake ID.. Who cares?

Then again, when you're Optimus Klein, and lose to the 5-5 Baylor Bears, you probably won't win the Heisman, rather than Johnny Football (Which everyone is racing to say they gave him that name first) who beat #1 Alabama and finished strong.

You can even argue that Teo isn't even the best defensive player on HIS team...

Dat Nguyen... :pimp: Still remember that game against KState. Dude was a beast.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom