2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Typical response from a bitter USC fan. Have fun at the Sun Bowl :lol:

Oklahoma got jipped by Northern Illinois and the BCS is BS! OU should be where NIU is, headed to the Orange Bowl.

Can we stop with this OU got robbed of a BCS bowl garbage? There are several other teams that should have been in ahead of OU but couldn't merely because of conference affiliation.

Aggies left for the SEC? Please if they stayed in the Big 12 I bet they could have went undefeated, oh well. We'll never know tmay.

What position will Tramel Terry play at UGA ? I would assume WR but he's listed as RB/WR and he's only 5'11...kid must have the burners on his feet
WR with some designed run plays for him and possibly return man. He's a beast Randall Cobb type player but faster. First Mr. South Carolina to not go to an in-state school in 5 years..Ran a 4.37 at Clemson in front of Dabo

Can't eem fathom CMR hiring Troopa to cut his grass.

Sony Michel has UGA leading with FSU 2nd to whoever inquired about him being in Miami's backfield...

Willie Martinez to coach DB's at Tennessee 
roll.gif
roll.gif
bombs away!!!

Last edited:
Klein had zero chance once K-State got out of the national championship picture because he lacked the stats. That game vs. Baylor cost K-State the chance to play for a championship, the Heisman, and Coach of the Year :x

Not sure how far the talks have gotten but Butch Jones has called Tee Martin.

is there any audio or interviews with Tuberville? has he explained his move to Cinci ?

Not sure how far the talks have gotten but Butch Jones has called Tee Martin.
is there any audio or interviews with Tuberville? has he explained his move to Cinci ?

[COLOR=#red]College football is definitley something you have a passion for, you ever thought about making a career out of it/ related to it in some form or fashion?[/COLOR]

Yes thought about it on several occasions.

had a couple interviews and a very Low paying job offer.

Like what I do now, Love the money. Love the idea of that job but couldnt live with the money

After Babcock introduced Tuberville, the new UC coach stood behind the podium, pumped his fist toward the crowd and yelled, “I’m proud to be a Bearcat!”

“You can do a lot of things with emotion and energy and we’ve got it here,” Tuberville said.

UC had endured a difficult two weeks. First the Bearcats learned that they had been snubbed by the Atlantic Coast Conference, then Jones peddled his services across the country before settling on Tennessee. But a lot of that disappointment seemed to be wiped away by the introduction of Tuberville, who has a 130-77 record as a head coach at Texas Tech, Auburn and Mississippi, including 12 bowl appearances. He was 20-17 in three years at Texas Tech.

The Bearcats are not known for hiring coaches with a pedigree like Tuberville’s. UC’s last five coaches have been a Division I-AA head coach, a Notre Dame defensive coordinator, an Ohio State defensive coordinator, and two Central Michigan head coaches. National coaches of the year don’t come to UC –until now.

Tuberville, 58, led Auburn to a 13-0 record, a No. 2 national ranking, and was named the national coach of the year by the Associated Press.

“I’m looking forward to the challenge here,” Tuberville said. “I want to be a leader that helps this university go to the next level.”

Babcock said he didn’t know what to expect when he first called Tuberville, but he knew that Tuberville’s wife, Suzanne, was from nearby Guilford, Ind., and hoped that might at least make Tuberville pause to consider his offer. The entire transaction took place on the phone. There was no in-person interview.

“I said, Coach, I don’t have a lot of time,” Babcock said. “We’d love to have you. You could bring your wife back. We could work together again. I just said, ‘We’ve got a short window of time here. I’d love for you to be our football coach. Do you have any interest?’ My heart left when he said, ‘You know what? I might. Let me talk to Suzanne. ”

Later on in the same conversation, Babcock heard words that pleased him even more.

“He said, ‘If I come to be your football coach, I’ll stay,’ ” Babcock said. “I didn’t prompt it and I know that’s certainly no guarantee, but I was really happy to hear that. That made my day.”

It seemed an odd thing for a veteran coach like Tuberville to say so early in the conversation.

“You can kind of read people’s minds in our business,” Tuberville said, “what’s gone on and what’s happened in the past. It just kind of hit me of what the feeling was. You can tell even though I’m over 1,000 miles away of the attitude of what’s happened and how disappointed people are not having consistency. You have consistency when you have repetition and you only have repetition when you have the same people around.”

Tuberville said he wasn’t concerned about the instability of the Big East, the condition of Nippert Stadium or the lack of attendance in recent years. He believes all that can be changed by winning.

“That’s the reason I’m here,” Tuberville said. “I’m at the point in my career where I want to do something special and this is a place where you can do that. It’s a great city. It’s a great sports city. There’s great football in the surrounding area.”

Tubby was SO ready to leave Lubbock

Only one phone conversation. Sheeeeeeeeeeeesh

Wrong person won the Heisman.. but anyways...

News out of South Bend is that 5 star FL RB Greg Bryant committed to Notre Dame this weekend during his official but wants to wait until Army AA game to announce it.. not sure if i believe it or not, but his recruitment was definitely going well with ND.. Gotta lock up Max Redfield too..

I'm still not much for CFB recruiting but caught one of Bryant's games on ESPNU by accident this fall. Was really impressed, he'd take carries away from Atkinson & Carlisle immediately, I think. If not be the feature back.

Yea, I think Bryant as a freshman could be what Riddick was this year as a senior.. from what i've seen on film he has crazy vision and seems to be a great receiver out of the backfield like Riddick was for us this year..

I watched doc on Showtime earlier this week & really liked it. It's an inside look on Army & Navy football...

It's funny that Notre Dame fans are pretty much the only people that think the wrong guy won last night.

Back
Top Bottom