2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Am I reading it wrong or there's the possibility of Louisville, NIU, Wisconsin & FSU all in BCS games? :x

Well 3 out of the four you mentioned are locks because of the conference championships. NIU could sneak in and take OU's spot, they're ranked 16th in the coaches poll this week, and if they move up to 16 in the BCS they get the final automatic at large bid being ahead of the Big East champion.

Am I reading it wrong or there's the possibility of Louisville, NIU, Wisconsin & FSU all in BCS games? :x

Well 3 out of the four you mentioned are locks because of the conference championships. NIU could sneak in and take OU's spot, they're ranked 16th in the coaches poll this week, and if they move up to 16 in the BCS they get the final automatic at large bid being ahead of the Big East champion.

I know, it was a ****** joke so I could throw FSU in there even though they beat us. Conference champions or not, Wisky, Louisville & NIU aren't BCS quality teams in my eyes but I fully realize how it works. I don't think Louisville is bad by any means but they really played nobody with a pulse (Rutgers & UNC...eh) and still lost two games.

If GT had won last night, imagine them in a BCS game too?

Wisconsin coach put OSU 11 instead of OU who he left unranked....USA Today issued an apology and will fix it. Some people are just idiots. It isn't that hard to get these things right.

Looks like NIU snuck into the top 16 moving OU out of a BCS bowl game and into the Cotton Bowl versus A&M (we played them for the past 15 years straight believe me I would love play Fla, LSU or GA). They tried to fix the system but made it more broken. The BCS matchups this year are all gross and most games will end up losing money. The BCS games used to be something to look forward to as a fan but since the games are forced to take lackluster teams the games are no longer elite. Remember when the Orange Bowl used to be elite? Now it is a yawner. Even the Rose Bowl being forced to take a lackluster Big 10 team is embarrassing. I am not saying this just because OU will miss it but, it should be the 10 best teams (including the NC) playing in these elite games. If you want to market the BCS games as the best, you take the 10 best teams regardless if 3 or 4 of them come from the same conference. Instead you have teams with strength of schedules at 120, and who will not sell out their ticket allotment and will end up returning tickets and losing money for the university and sponsors. It's almost ironic and comedy that this would happen to a sport and organization (NCAA) who only care about making as much money as possible off these student athletes and get stuck with this.

In all honesty this OU-A&M matchup in the Cotton Bowl will be better than every game except the NC game and MAYBE Oregon-KSU. The participants are what makes the fans excited for these games and not these forced BCS games because of rules that will allow 7-5 teams play and not teams who play top 5 schedules but have 1 loss. If OU didn't schedule ND and scheduled a FCS team, OU would probably be in the running for the NC game. Something to take note of for the future maybe...

I can't be mad this time around because the BCS has been very nice and good to OU the past years but &^%* the Big East, Big 10 and UCLA (couldn't beat Stanford one out of two times).

Happy Bowling Season to all!

Last edited:
thank god OU didnt make it, tired of of them wetting the bed in a BCS bowl game. give someone else a chance

thank god OU didnt make it, tired of of them wetting the bed in a BCS bowl game. give someone else a chance

yeah give Lousville, Northern Illinois, and Wisconsin a chance aka the 16th, 23rd and None Ranked teams that are playing in BCS games :rolleyes

In 2011, NIU averaged 18,903 fans in 7 home game, they're going to bring maybe 3,000 teams maximum. UCONN brought like 12k fans in 2010 and lost MILLIONS, NIU going to lose a lot more.

Biggest loser is ESPN though, lost a lot from AD sales.

Last edited:
Syracuse to the Pinstripe Bowl, again. At least the school is guaranteed to sell its ticket allotment. Would have rather played in a warm weather bowl, but those organizers know that our fanbase doesn't travel well in the South. The opponent is yet to be determined, but its looking like Baylor. No way the Holiday Bowl passes on WVU/Pitt.

Scratch that. Looks like they passed up the Backyard Brawl. Looking like SU/WVU. The West Virginia fanbase is irate on Twitter.

the system is only broke when your team gets robbed
grin.gif

the system is only broke when your team gets robbed>D

system is broke when the best teams aren't playing in the so called elite games---that would mean the top 10 teams, OU is ranked 11-12 in the rankings...hence we would not be involved.

as a fan of college football i want to see the best possible teams and competition playing in games.

Cotton Bowl this year versus A&M or LSU >>>>>> Orange, Sugar, Rose and MAYBE Fiesta....glad to be apart of a great game in a great stadium versus the potential Heisman winner located close to Norman where our fans will travel well.

Get your OU hate out of this thread and yes we did get robbed because no team with a SOS of 120 should be playing in BCS game with there only loss coming to a non bowl eligible Iowa team and there out of conference games being winless in the Big XII Kansas.

Last edited:
i dont hate OU, i have hyped a diferent OU player on this board for years
laugh.gif

the system is broke we all know it. fan bases dont start *****ing about it till there team is on the wrong end of the stick. and when the 4 team playoff system comes along people will find new things to ***** about

OU finds new ways to choke big games away every year, you should be happy it wont be in a big stage in a BSC bowl game this year.

Last edited:
i dont hate OU, i have hyped a diferent OU player on this board for years:lol:

the system is broke we all know it. fan bases dont start *****ing about it till there team is on the wrong end of the stick. and when the 4 team playoff system comes along people will find new things to ***** about

OU finds new ways to choke big games away every year, you should be happy it wont be in a big stage in a BSC bowl game this year.

Respect for that but, the way the team has been closing out tight games this year and the offense has been rolling, I am confident that we can play with Florida and their non existent offense. We won our past 3 bowl games and the Cotton Bowl is on a big stage in itself, in Dallas in the new Cowboy Stadium and its the only game playing on that date plus playing against the potential Heisman trophy winner with every person in the world going to be jocking him and it's playing A&M who we have a history with have played the past 15 years and it is in a key recruiting ground.

As long as there are computers involved in college football, there will always be something to *&^($ about. 99% of fans don't even know how the computers even calculate themselves to get to their ranking. Ultimately they need to go to a larger playoff then 4 teams and it NEEDS to be more similar to basketball where SOS is a KEY component. You can't have major conferences who play 5 or 6 ranked teams a year with a SOS in the top 20 go to lesser bowls because a team with a SOS of 120 who plays 0 ranked teams will sneak in. If this is the case then why not have the big time schools schedule the ^%$# teams. OU has schedule home and homes with FSU, ND, Tenn, LSU etc and they are putting themselves at risk for playing competitive top ranked teams, if that won't help them to secure a BCS bowl then why not schedule the more winnable home games? As a fan I love seeing the top teams from other conferences play each other, no one wants to see unfair unmatched games but if this is what it takes to go to the NC then why not?

It is also worth noting that they changed the BCS rules this year from having an automatic birth for non major conferences from in the top 12 to in the top 16 as long as they are ahead of a major conference champion. They basically changed that rule for ND who is now #1. Naturally the Big East &^%$ the bed and they let in a non major conference champion. BCS keeps moving away from a solution and creating more controversy.

Last edited:
Side note there are rumors that Mike Gundy picked up Tennessee officials in Stillwater today to discuss the opening.

Also Laquon Treadwell scheduled his OU visit for December 14th for the OU football banquet and we are currently in the lead. He's the #1 receiver at the HS level.

Back
Top Bottom