2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Jimbo is probably more arrogant than a HC who lost to NCSU, UVA & Wake Forest should be. We've lost games due to his arrogance
And as far as the game last night, I was drinking pretty much during the whole game but it looked like a continuation of the UF game and other games this year. WR's being wide open and the QB not seeing them and holding the ball. For instance on the sack/fumble 'Shad was WIDE open for 6 and he was right in EJ's line of view but he held the ball and got sacked. What's an OC to do? Had Coley called the play what would have been different?

I see your point Dre.... my rants usually come in the middle of the games and its hard to be objective about things when you are yelling at the television :lol:

I do not think Jimbo can take us to elite status. Currently this team is loaded with talent (imo), but you wouldn't know it when you see our final scores. Am i wrong?
Maybe "arrogance" is the wrong word fo what Jimbo lacks as a HC/OC. Maybe confidence is a better word. Or grit.
What really gets me is his tendency to look lost/worried when games get intense. You"ve got to admit you have seen this. His quarterbacks take on the same damn attitude. Mayeb FSU is just missin the right signal caller to come in and make Jimbo into an offensive genius,and prove me wrong, but i seriously doubt it.

To me, being an elite/dominant offense takes leadership that can make a kid BELIEVE you WILL score. You WILL run the ball. You WILL beat/pound/smash/kick the guy across from you every single play. You WILL show the bastard in the other uniform that hes a b**** and aint good enough to beat you. EVERY second of EVERY play. Coaches like Saban or Harbaugh don't try to out-think the other coach.... They just lead and coach their players to become DOMINANT. They have a certain gift of being able to get into a players emotions enough to mirror their own. Call it Confidence, call it Toughness, whatever you wanna call it, JF aint got it. He coaches scared and timid at times and that translates to the players on the field.

Don't get me wrong.. Jimbo is a helluva recruiter and has greatly improved the program since the Jeff Bowden years. But his offense is very predictable, and actully pretty soft. RARELY do you see us line up on 3rd and short and run the ball. If we get stuffed at the line for a play or 2, he will totally abandon the run and throw 6-8 strait passes from the gun. He has NO idea how to coach against a decent pass rush, and puts way too much pressure on the qbs when the game gets close. I know its easy to lob these critiques into a message board from a keyboard, but i am i off-base?

I see your point Dre.... my rants usually come in the middle of the games and its hard to be objective about things when you are yelling at the television :lol:
I do not think Jimbo can take us to elite status. Currently this team is loaded with talent (imo), but you wouldn't know it when you see our final scores. Am i wrong?
Maybe "arrogance" is the wrong word fo what Jimbo lacks as a HC/OC. Maybe confidence is a better word. Or grit.
What really gets me is his tendency to look lost/worried when games get intense. You"ve got to admit you have seen this. His quarterbacks take on the same damn attitude. Mayeb FSU is just missin the right signal caller to come in and make Jimbo into an offensive genius,and prove me wrong, but i seriously doubt it.
To me, being an elite/dominant offense takes leadership that can make a kid BELIEVE you WILL score. You WILL run the ball. You WILL beat/pound/smash/kick the guy across from you every single play. You WILL show the bastard in the other uniform that hes a b**** and aint good enough to beat you. EVERY second of EVERY play. Coaches like Saban or Harbaugh don't try to out-think the other coach.... They just lead and coach their players to become DOMINANT. They have a certain gift of being able to get into a players emotions enough to mirror their own. Call it Confidence, call it Toughness, whatever you wanna call it, JF aint got it. He coaches scared and timid at times and that translates to the players on the field.
Don't get me wrong.. Jimbo is a helluva recruiter and has greatly improved the program since the Jeff Bowden years. But his offense is very predictable, and actully pretty soft. RARELY do you see us line up on 3rd and short and run the ball. If we get stuffed at the line for a play or 2, he will totally abandon the run and throw 6-8 strait passes from the gun. He has NO idea how to coach against a decent pass rush, and puts way too much pressure on the qbs when the game gets close. I know its easy to lob these critiques into a message board from a keyboard, but i am i off-base?

Arguably one of the most talented teams in the nation. That defensive line is :x

The team ^%$# the bed in the big time home games under Jimbo. Great recruiter and that's what really helps his case. If for some reason he starts losing his recruits than he would be on the hot seat IMO.

Can someone please explain what happened with LA. TECH? Heard they declined their bowl invitation and now are not bowling? Why? I see on twitter the players are furious. Some even calling out the AD.

Turns out L Tech declined their bowl invite.

They would have had to play ULM in the Independence Bowl.

Apparently that was their only invite after going 9-3 and ending the nation in offense.
shouldn't have dropped that game against utah st......ULM wasn't that bad either

Not worried about him throwing the ball against our secondary, stopping him from scrambling will be the problem. Would have much rather played Florida but, our offense can play with A&Ms defense. May be a shoot out and I LOVE our chances if that is the case. Manziel was average against LSU and Florida, some of you make it him out to be superman dude is human. He def is one of the top players in college football and will win the heisman but he has not played flawless all season. The Alabama game put him on, if they lose that game he's an afterthought in the heisman race. After looking at his opponents a lot of his stats are inflated against crappy non conference opponents and the bottom half of the SEC. FLA BAMA and LSU were his big time opponents and he threw for only 2 TDs and 3 INT's in those 3 games and averaged only like 4 yards a carry.
Don't get me wrong like I said he is a FANTASTIC player and one of the best and truthfully I would rather not face him LOL but that team is beatable with him at quarterback.

[COLOR=#red]Dude you are all over the place :lol: But for the record who played flawless all season? Everybody in the Top 10 has at least one L.

Bringing up the losses to LSU and Florida yet beating Alabama is sorta like failing 2 tests during the school year, but yet acing the final exam and passing the class with an A. kinda makes those two earlier tests moot[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]Happy we are going to be in the Cotton Bowl...right up the "skreet". Stub Hub selling the tickets for $200. I'll be there !!![/COLOR]

I thought Georgia would win the game and should have save for Richt/Murray on that last drive. That being said, glad we get to see if Notre Dame can "hang" in the SEC. I think it will be a good championship game and much better than last year.

All valid points. He's def no Saban or Harbaugh, though I think you may be selling them a little short on how they 'out think' their opponents. I get where you were going though. Fisher definitely has his shortcomings.

We've had 3rd and 1's stopped all year running the ball w/ CT, Lonnie, Free & JWJ. Overall though this is probably the best rushing year in a while I think. @ least TD wise.

The reason the offense is predictable comes down to the QB from all I've read & heard. They're running a fraction of the Playbook because he's incapable of running other parts of it or JF doesn't trust him to do so. CT's injury hurt as well

Think a lot it boils down to the fact that he's a green HC and is going through his growing pains that usually happens a a lower level school.

WildKYcat - You hearing that Neal Brown is the guy @ Coley isn't going?

Last edited:
nahh, they're beneath the both of us. :lol:
will you be going to the game? i'll be camping out for the student tickets as soon as we figure out how they'll be distributed.

Would love to go but I would rather go to a game in Norman then not being on OU campus unless it would be a NC game (I live in NY) Also would be tough for me to take off that whole week because my office is giving us off December 22-Jan 1 and taking those extra days would be pushing it.

Good luck getting your tickets, Cowboy Stadium is legit from what my friends had told me who have been.

oh, thought you lived in OK. only a couple hours on the road north :pimp:

Agreed that they shouldn't have lost that game. The players probably voted that they didn't want to play in that game. Hopefully, the decision wasn't taken out of their hands. Sonny ****s just tweeted about how he was heartbroken that the 31 seniors won't be able to play in another game.

oh, thought you lived in OK. only a couple hours on the road north :pimp:

Dallas Cowboys Stadium is equidistant from Norman and College Station. Per Google Maps it is 2 hours and 59 minutes from Norman and 3 hours and 1 minute from College Station pretty cool.

"The fact that Northern Illinois is in the BCS in 2012 is really a sad state for college football."

- Kirk Herbstreet

The funniest quote I have seen though is:

Media: "Northern Illinois has no business going to a BCS bowl."
Media: "We voted Northern Illinois high enough to put them in a BCS bowl."

Last edited:
Not worried about him throwing the ball against our secondary, stopping him from scrambling will be the problem. Would have much rather played Florida but, our offense can play with A&Ms defense. May be a shoot out and I LOVE our chances if that is the case. Manziel was average against LSU and Florida, some of you make it him out to be superman dude is human. He def is one of the top players in college football and will win the heisman but he has not played flawless all season. The Alabama game put him on, if they lose that game he's an afterthought in the heisman race. After looking at his opponents a lot of his stats are inflated against crappy non conference opponents and the bottom half of the SEC. FLA BAMA and LSU were his big time opponents and he threw for only 2 TDs and 3 INT's in those 3 games and averaged only like 4 yards a carry.
Don't get me wrong like I said he is a FANTASTIC player and one of the best and truthfully I would rather not face him LOL but that team is beatable with him at quarterback.
So do you think OU's defense is on par with those other three?

OU played two good teams all season and lost both of those games. Landry Jones only had 1 TD and 2 INTs in those games.

You're acting like OU is some sort of elite team this year.

So do you think OU's defense is on par with those other three?
OU played two good teams all season and lost both of those games. Landry Jones only had 1 TD and 2 INTs in those games.
You're acting like OU is some sort of elite team this year.

Defense is not on par, but I know we can win the game. Too many people slurping Manziel and thinking he's going to just manhandle OU but what I am saying is that he is human and not superman. We lost those 2 games because Landry Jones played poorly against KSU and he played okay against ND. If Landry has a good day which he has played VERY WELL lately we can win the game. The difference between a&m and the other two teams is that they don't have that elite defense, when Landry has time and isn't pressured he is as good as any QB in the nation and a 1st round pick. When he is pressured and gets happy feet he plays awful. We need good Landry.

Should be a good game and if we can contain Manziel to an average game and if we protect Landry we win the game. That is saying a lot but it can be done.

I am worried that the team may not be up for this game. They are all pissed about missing the Sugar Bowl, can't have a let down in the Cotton. They should be focused though it is a big time game.

Boomer Sooner.

Last edited:
The way La Tech ended the season I wouldn't want to play against Colton Browning either. /sarcasm

Aside from your squad playing in one, is anyone really interested in these BCS match-ups?

I love college football and I'm sure if I'm not busy I won't avoid them but I'll only really want to watch the Championship & Fiesta. :\

A&M spreading that SEC money around. :smokin Way to acclimate.

[COLOR=#red]Trust and believe that the combination of moving to the SEC, having a great first season, being the ONLY team in the nation to beat Alabama this year, and having a Heisman hopeful will pay dividends in the recruiting game for us.

Hey Boomer Sooner guy, you want to put some money on the Cotton Bowl?[/COLOR]

Aside from your squad playing in one, is anyone really interested in these BCS match-ups?
I love college football and I'm sure if I'm not busy I won't avoid them but I'll only really want to watch the Championship & Fiesta. :\
Not at all. I'll watch the NCG, but that's it.

when Landry has time and isn't pressured he is as good as any QB in the nation and a 1st round pick. When he is pressured and gets happy feet he plays awful.

hi-res-154812313_display_image.jpg

Wow...the bowls get worst nd worst each season.

Only game I'm watching is A&M/OU :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom