2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Let the smear campaigns begin:

@CoachRix: Sources have told me that Manziel is a 'ticking time bomb' and will eventually blow up off of the field. I really hope not for his sake.

:lol: :smh:

It's pretty sad that this is what "journalism" has become.

As long as Oregon wins out they'll be in the national championship game so no need to whine about the BCS rankings, from an Oregon perspective.

Lack of touches for Eddie Lacy around the goal line and towards the end of the game was a little confusing (unless of course something was wrong)

Yikes #4, 5. 6, 7, 8, 9 all being from the same conference :lol:

And EWD is about to be the next Andre Wadsworth. Walk-on turned all American/1st round draft pick.

Last edited:
Does the kid have a sketchy history?

A&M QB Johnny Manziel arrested
Updated: June 29, 2012, 6:37 PM ET
Associated Press

COLLEGE STATION, Texas -- Texas A&M freshman quarterback Johnny Manziel was arrested and jailed early Friday after he was involved in a fight and police said he produced a fake ID.

College Station police spokeswoman Rhonda Seaton says Manziel, 19, was charged with disorderly conduct, failure to identity and possessing a false identification card, all misdemeanors. He was jailed overnight and released Friday afternoon, Seaton said.

Manziel, a prep standout at Kerrville Tivy High School, redshirted last season. He was expected to compete for the starting job with sophomore Jameill Showers in the fall.

"I have been made aware of the situation with Johnny Manziel," incoming coach Kevin Sumlin said in a release. "We are gathering all the facts and will handle the situation once we have all of the information. We are disappointed with his actions and this is out of character for Johnny."

Police also arrested 20-year-old Steven Brant and 47-year-old Marvin McKinney after the incident, which occurred just after 2 a.m. in a street in the Northgate entertainment district.

Seaton says an officer on bike patrol intervened to break up a fight between Hanziel and McKinney. McKinney told the officer that Brant, Manziel's friend, called him a racial slur and he approached Brant. Seaton says Manziel then shoved McKinney and the two exchanged punches.

When officers asked Manziel for an ID, he produced a phony Louisiana driver's license that showed his birthday as Dec. 6, 1990. Police checked Manziel's wallet and found two more ID cards -- a fake Texas driver's license and Manziel's real driver's license that listed his date of birth as Dec. 6, 1992.

Playcalling was the least of the problems & the last thing i would call that gameplan is 'Conservative'. We ran hurry up on a couple drives that game not just the 3 that led to TD's. for example, the drive where Coale from VT hurt his neck we went into the no huddle offense
Biggest problem was Blitz identification/pickup from the QB & Backs, the continued inability to run non outsize zone/stretch plays and EJ missing throws to WR who were open repeatedly. The game was put on EJ's right arm early in the game. Far from conservative
All good points. I missed the 1st half due to class but what I saw was a team that was playing on thier heels. We did a terrible job of picking up the blitz as they constantly got to/ rushed EJ and completey stuffed our backs. -15 yards rushing? That's pathetic. I didn't realize that EJ threw the ball that much but your right 42 attempts definitely gave him ample opportunity to make plays but like the past he has proven that he is unrealiable in making some simple throws. Our Wide outs were working the corners and it seemed like we weren't taking advantage of it. Our 3rd down efficiency is
sick.gif
 at times. I was really hoping that Jimbo could get these guys prepared to play every game because or schedule this year was a joke, truly "our year". But again we prove that we play to our competitions level too much. Once we come ready to play on a more consistent basis and exhibit more maturity, we are going to be a REAL problem.

Johnny w/ 3 ID's :lol: :lol:
AJ Turman committing to UGA tomorrow? Seems like that's the word but idk

3 ID's :lol: Been there...

Had a Maine DL and 2 from Jersey. Maine is the only one that survived my first 2 1/2 years of school :lol:

Back
Top Bottom