2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

[COLOR=#red]I like Manziel over Mariota, he has been doing this pretty much all season in the vaunted SEC and the SEC is supposed to be all about speed on defense. If you have been REALLY following A&M this season you would know that he's not overrated. Manziel does it on a greater stage point blank period. Is why he's on the Heisman short list as a redshirt freshman.

Mariota had a great game last night, awesome stats, but Manziel had that MONSTER game against Arkansas where he had 453 yards passing with 3 passing TDs AND 104 yards rushing with 1 rushing TD.[/COLOR]

Last edited:
I like Manziel a lot he is fun to watch but I have to give the nod to Mariota at this moment as he just impresses me more with his play. He is better from the pocket and he makes a lot of big plays within the structure of the offense.

Comparing their stats is a waste of time considering Oregon is usually sitting their starters you have to watch both of them.

Last edited:
back to back bowls for the first time in school history 
pimp.gif

time to put Vol fans out their misery on Sat. 

Man, if we can get 8-4, and find a way to sneak into the CFA Bowl, man, the ATL skrippers are going to be eating good

Last edited:
I like Manziel a lot he is fun to watch but I have to give the nod to Mariota at this moment as he just impresses me more with his play. He is better from the pocket and he makes a lot of big plays within the structure of the offense.
Comparing their stats is a waste of time considering Oregon is usually sitting their starters you have to watch both of them.
[COLOR=#red]
Hey man, it can go either way. One person can say that Mariota makes plays from within the structure of the offense and that makes him better, another man can say that Manziel's ability to improvise after a play breaks down is what makes him better because you can't really gameplan agaisnt that. He does it very well, and has been extremely effective with it. The second touchdown pass he made is a great example of that. With that said I give the nod to Manziel, he has been destroying point blank period and WITHOUT the running threat of Barner and Thomas like Mariota has to keep defenses honest. Remember A&M wasn't supposed to do anything the first few years in the SEC...ESPECIALLY not with a RS Freshman QB, and they lost 2 games against Top 10 opponents by a total of 8 points. With all that being said Manziel > Mariota.

[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Yea I guess it comes down to preference but Manziel stepped up big time in the fourth on those last two drives and made some NFL throws from the pocket against Alabama. He is also a more dangerous runner than Mariota cause he moves much better laterally.

But for consistencies sake he should play more like he did in the fourth quarter. A&M would be putting up 60 points and sitting their starters like Oregon. IN THEORY.

In any case love watching both of them going to be exciting few years.:pimp:

Going to watch that Arkanas game again......

Last edited:
Yea I guess it comes down to preference but Manziel stepped up big time in the fourth on those last two drives and made some NFL throws from the pocket against Alabama. He is also a more dangerous runner than Mariota cause he moves much better laterally.
But for consistencies sake he should play more like he did in the fourth quarter. A&M would be putting up 60 points and sitting their starters like Oregon. IN THEORY.
In any case love watching both of them going to be exciting few years.:pimp:

[COLOR=#red]I agree with you my dude, there should be some exciting stuff to see from them for the next few years at least. I will however say that I believe that Mariota will be better for the pro-game than Manziel. You wouldn't have an argument from me against that. I just don't see Manziel's game being as effective against the pros.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]I will however say that I believe that Mariota will be better for the pro-game than Manziel. You wouldn't have an argument from me against that. I just don't see Manziel's game being as effective against the pros.[/COLOR]

That is why I hope he gets more consistent from the pocket because he has arm talent. Those throws he made in crunch time last night were big time throws. They were well placed with touch.

Last edited:
Bruh, I know there is a dearth of talent. there is however a Lack of effort.
that team isnot competing.
I believe Wazzu beat 2 Pac teams last year ( wrong or right?) they're gonna go winless this year.

Bruh, the Pac-12 is MUCH better this year than last. Even you know that.

And the second half tonight shows that it's not a full-on mutiny against the coach. If the players really were going to quit (remember, Marquess Wilson said he was speaking for everyone), that game would have been 60 to 7. The fact they stormed back and played with some pride means a lot more than Wilson's bogus prepared statement. I have faith in Leach. He just needs to get the guys who weren't willing to work for it out of there.

UCLA shut it down when it was 37-7.

when the game was on the line, the effort wasnt there. those fgs getting blocked was pitiful

wee'll see. how this goes.

having a loss to Colorado is just awful

Idk if Larry Fedora is that good of a coach but Southern Miss is winless this season after winning CUSA last year. Let that sink in for a minute, winless in CUSA.

Can't go in depth on the Wassu situation but with Leach's history the situation can't be good.

Can we haz Sumlin or Briles back? The season has been rough. :frown:

the fact that Fedora has won ANY games with Renner at QB is amazing. lol

Ellis Johnson might be a one and done at Southern Miss. AWFUL

Mariota is the complete package. Strong arm, smart, and fast as ****.

Let me ask you....if you're a NFL GM, what makes Matt Barkley a better prospect over a guy like Ryan Nassib?

Good to see that someone else is watching. He still has his hiccups, but overall he's had a very solid career and good year overall. Just doesn't have the "name" around him.

I don't buy into Mike Leach doing the same thing he did at Texas Tech at Wazzu. The culture has to be changed and the kid who quit the team couldn't or didn't want to make that transition. Leach has called out ALL of the seniors for leaving a bad impression on the younger players by slacking off and doing things that were permissible under the former coach. Its typical for players to leave the program when a new coach comes in and his philosophy is radical compared to the prior regime. It happened up here when Marrone came with over 20 players leaving the program.

Always wondered how many aggies lurked NT. For the first time it's great to be from Bryan/Collegestation.

Have some pride.

Last edited:
:nthat:

#BodyBag for Dooley

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

He's out. just depends on when it will be announced.

AD is trying to hang on and hope win out for Bowl eligibility. if so, firing will be announced after Kentucky game and they will try to have new coach in place for bowl game

Lose either next 2 games and the announcement will be made quicker.

Last edited:
I'm just glad that Texas A&M is showing that the SEC isn't this unstoppable force full of teams that can only be beat by other SEC teams. Too bad Alabama's schedule is such a joke they won't drop 2 so the Aggies can go the SEC title game. That would make my year

I'm just glad that Texas A&M is showing that the SEC isn't this unstoppable force full of teams that can only be beat by other SEC teams. Too bad Alabama's schedule is such a joke they won't drop 2 so the Aggies can go the SEC title game. That would make my year

uhhhhh

Alabama plays the same SEC schedule as a&m.

conference losses are the only thing that counts in SEC standings, not OOC games .

yall just come on here and say any damn thing :lol:

Last edited:

#BodyBag for Dooley

AD is trying to hang on and hope win out for Bowl eligibility. if so, firing will be announced after Kentucky game and they will try to have new coach in place for bowl game

Who do you think they go after?

#BodyBag for Dooley

Who do you think they go after?

Bill Parcels and Bill Cowher :lol:

nah

the usual Charlie Strong, David Shaw, etc...

[COLOR=#red]Mark my words, I will be a part of the Aggie Football program in some capacity during my time there. [/COLOR]

I was gonna make a 6'5" CB with fluid hips comment!

But honestly...it's great that you have pride in your new school, just be real: Would you be making that comment if A&M was struggling this year?

Back
Top Bottom