2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Texas A&M boards freaking out they may lose Kyler Murray to Oregon because of Kyle Allen... 

:lol: They'll literally be calling for someone's head over that if it comes to fruition.

:lol: Why such harsh backlash over one player
Because he's the best quarterback in the country and he's the son of their quarterback from the glory years in the 80s...

The guy is HS Johnny Manziel on steroids. Will have three straight state titles in Texas' highest division. And him committing to them would tilt 2015 recruiting in Texas even further in their favor.

They'll riot.

The U returns to ESPN's 30 for 30

SI.com

ESPN can't quit the University of Miami -- and that's good news for sports documentary viewers.

The network's ESPN Films division has ordered a second "30 for 30" documentary on Miami's football program following the immensely popular "The U" that aired in 2009. That doc focused on the fusion between the growing hip-hop culture in Miami and the swaggering football program that won four national titles between 1983 and 1991.

The working title for the upcoming film is "The U: Part 2" and reunites "The U" director Billy Corben and producer Alfred Spellman. The documentary will air this winter as part of ESPN's "30 for 30" series, and the running time is expected to be two hours.

"The original film followed the transformation from a Miami football program that went largely unnoticed to 'The U' and all that [associated with it] both on and off the field," said an ESPN Films spokesperson. "It became a cult classic and remains one of the most talked-about '30 for 30' films we've ever done. But that narrative didn't end in the early 90's and this sequel will pick up where the original left off."

Corben and Spellman started principal shooting last week -- Dolphins lineman Bryant McKinnie, who played on Miami's 2001 national championship team, has already sat down with the filmmakers -- and viewers should expect the net to be cast wide for subjects. Among the NFL-ers who played at Miami during the late 1990s and 2000s: Frank Gore, Devin Hester, Ray Lewis, Clinton Portis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp, Jeremy Shockey, Jonathan Vilma, Reggie Wayne, Kellen Winslow Jr., Vince Wilfork, Willis McGahee, and Phillip Buchanon.

So nice, we had to be featured twice. :smokin

Pac 11 (outside of USC) would just be 30 for 30*, 30 seconds of commenting on jack **** in 30 years. :pimp:

Not that it won't be as interesting as the first but was gonna be the main interest points besides 2001? Maybe the Shapiro thing but that didn't exactly bury Miami like it could've.

Maybe the mid 90s when Miami was thought to be buried?

Not that it won't be as interesting as the first but was gonna be the main interest points besides 2001? Maybe the Shapiro thing but that didn't exactly bury Miami like it could've.

Maybe the mid 90s when Miami was thought to be buried?

Hopefully the rape job that was called PI that stole away our back to back undefeated seasons. :smh:

I need to see some bank accounts of a certain dude in stripes. :lol:

I would watch a 30 for 30 just on that 2001 BCS game.
If you are talking about the Miami and Ohio Sate game I can agree with that. So many directions that you can go....
They don't need to talk about anything except how those '01 Junkyard Dawgs were robbed from rolling in there and washing either of those teams. 
mean.gif

Hopefully the rape job that was called PI that stole away our back to back undefeated seasons. :smh:

I need to see some bank accounts of a certain dude in stripes. :lol:
That ref finally gonna come out in an Interview telling the world how much he was paid.

Between Miami, Oregon and UGA, I need two of those teams to play someway somehow just so I can watch the thread burn
won't happen, southern teams tend to be to ***** to travel
There are these magical things in college football called bowl games which will still exist going forward and most, if not all teams tend to travel to whether they're southern or not.  That could be part of the "someway somehow" Andre mentioned.

We all know none of those three teams are making the playoffs so that's not an option.

Between Miami, Oregon and UGA, I need two of those teams to play someway somehow just so I can watch the thread burn

won't happen, southern teams tend to be to ***** to travel

There are these magical things in college football called bowl games which will still exist going forward and most, if not all teams tend to travel to whether they're southern or not.  That could be part of the "someway somehow" Andre mentioned.

We all know none of those three teams are making the playoffs so that's not an option.

The only way Oregon gets into a bowl game with one of those scrub *** squads is if they lose 7 games.

Back
Top Bottom