2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

That NC State helmet is dope.  Guess they'll have to find a different place for the ACC & other stickers or those scary wolf eyes on the back of the head will be pointless.

Last edited:
Gunna just stops in every once in a while to make a random, obscure post about a Vol recruit or something. 
laugh.gif

[h2]Ty Isaac not released to Notre Dame[/h2]
05-15-2014, 06:02 PM

Tom VanHaaren from ESPN talked with Karen Isaac, Ty's mom, and here are some of the quotes she gave about why Ty had to transfer.

"USC was a great place to be. Unfortunately because of some situations at home, Ty had to come back. It was a great experience for him. It was hard transferring, he made a lot of good friends but he’s going to stay in contact. He stopped in Vegas and visited with Grimble who just got drafted.

"As a family it was a decision that had to be made to be closer to home. He came home for me. I couldn’t fly, I have extreme pain when I fly due to a surgery on my ear. I’m completely deaf in my right ear so whenever I fly I have been losing hearing in my left ear. We told him when he went there that we would go to every game, but for me it became impossible. We asked for a release and they did grant it.

"He was released to 17 schools, he wasn’t released to Notre Dame. Coach Sharp at Joliet, he said that all 17 on the list, or most and others had already called Joliet Catholic as of Wednesday. We’re in the process of setting up visits. They are 17 really great schools to choose from. Michigan is on the list, Michigan State, Miami (Ohio) Chuck Martin is there he is one of Ty’s favorite coaches, Illinois, Northwestern. I don’t know who all Ty has talked to. He’s going to make a decision right away. He did sprain his ankle in the spring game, he’s going through rehab. He’s walking on it and looks good."

There are also some questions about the release that was granted because USC did not respond to some inquiries, not too many details but it's a situation that could bear watching.

"We do believe that USC missed the seven day deadline. We’re just waiting on them to reply to our inquries. They didn’t respond, you only have seven days to respond. The NCAA can be very vague. It’s all up to interpretation. The NCAA did say that they missed the time. If the institution doesn’t respond that means the student athlete gets a default release which means the school that he’s leaving can not put any restrictions on who he can talk to."

I told y'all he was about that life earlier. It's the only reason he didn't pick Vols.

Worse part is, if he just decided to give OLB or DE a shot he could be a all world

Randy Moss, Tim Dwight, Ron Dayne, Kevin Faulk, Falst State Flozell Adams

The Defense:

1997b.jpg

Left to right, top row: Aaron Taylor (67), center, Nebraska; Benji Olson (with cap), guard, Washington; Alan Faneca (66) guard, Louisiana State; Victor Riley, tackle, Auburn; Flozell Adams, tackle, Michigan State. Second row: Peyton Manning (16) quarterback, Tennessee; D'Wayne Bates, receiver, Northwestern; Cory Wedel, placekicker, Wyoming; Randy Moss, receiver, Marshall; Ron Dayne (33), running back, Wisconsin. Bottom row: Bruce Snyder, Coach of the Year, Arizona State; Hines Ward, receiver, Georgia; Tim Dwight, kick returner, Iowa; Kevin Faulk (3), running back, Louisiana State.

Left to right, top row: Michael Myers, tackle, Alabama; Charles Woodson, back, Michigan; Grant Wistrom (98), end, Nebraska. Second row: Brian Simmons (41), linebacker, North Carolina; Jim Wren (17), punter, Southern California; Andy Katzenmoyer (45), linebacker, Ohio State; Jason Chorak (46), linebacker, Washington. Third row: Anthony Simmons, linebacker, Clemson; Daryl Bush, Anson Mount Scholar/Athlete, Florida State; Dre' Bly, back, North Carolina; Anthony Pointdexter (3), back, Virginia. Bottom row: Daylon McCutcheon (1), back, Southern California; Leonard Little (1), end, Tennessee.

Last edited:
The U returns to ESPN's 30 for 30

SI.com

ESPN can't quit the University of Miami -- and that's good news for sports documentary viewers.

The network's ESPN Films division has ordered a second "30 for 30" documentary on Miami's football program following the immensely popular "The U" that aired in 2009. That doc focused on the fusion between the growing hip-hop culture in Miami and the swaggering football program that won four national titles between 1983 and 1991.

The working title for the upcoming film is "The U: Part 2" and reunites "The U" director Billy Corben and producer Alfred Spellman. The documentary will air this winter as part of ESPN's "30 for 30" series, and the running time is expected to be two hours.

"The original film followed the transformation from a Miami football program that went largely unnoticed to 'The U' and all that [associated with it] both on and off the field," said an ESPN Films spokesperson. "It became a cult classic and remains one of the most talked-about '30 for 30' films we've ever done. But that narrative didn't end in the early 90's and this sequel will pick up where the original left off."

Corben and Spellman started principal shooting last week -- Dolphins lineman Bryant McKinnie, who played on Miami's 2001 national championship team, has already sat down with the filmmakers -- and viewers should expect the net to be cast wide for subjects. Among the NFL-ers who played at Miami during the late 1990s and 2000s: Frank Gore, Devin Hester, Ray Lewis, Clinton Portis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp, Jeremy Shockey, Jonathan Vilma, Reggie Wayne, Kellen Winslow Jr., Vince Wilfork, Willis McGahee, and Phillip Buchanon.

Back
Top Bottom