2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Last edited by a moderator:

Alabama RB Derrick Henry @KingHenry_2: Everybody meet my new baby ! 

Need to offer a Charger for a blue chip Kicker

But yea, players have chargers all the time...James Wilder...Rashad Greene, DeAndrew White, the list goes on, just a few I can think of off the top

Last edited:
BnhurCsCAAA7ZIS.jpg

Shaq Wiggins likely headed to Louisville with JHC & Grantham, dad pushing for South Carolina

RS Fr WR Uriah LeMay transferring... had the most charges in #UGAcheckgate

From Wake Forest's Joshua Harris:
Damn I wish I knew the real story of what's going on behind this.
Exactly.  Like Extreme said, there's 3 sides to every story... One thing that's interesting, I wonder which coaches said what, how many guys on the current staff were on Grobe's staff, etc.  You'd have to think if this is true (and regardless, NFL teams are gonna do their due diligence) they would have spoken to his coaches whether they're at the school anymore or not.

"He was nearly declared inelligible  for his senior season according to Chip Patterson of CBSSports.com, and Harris has suffered a number of injuries throughout his collegiate career.

As if the injuries and academic struggles weren't enough, Harris only rushed for 470 yards and four touchdowns on 125 carries in 2013."

I find it hard to believe coaches would be out to destroy a kid's draft stock who was squeaky clean.  Anything can happen but why?

Also, was Harris really gonna get drafted?  I just looked quick and the profiles I saw for him had him as a 6st or 7nd rounder at best, more likely undrafted.  

I'd have to double-check but I believe 40% of the kids that declared early did not get drafted.

Last edited:
Man, "slanderous" :lol:

Playing college football is like a job interview, it's like an internship. Cover your ******* *** like in the real world.

Not every situation requires a sit down counseling session, but it is detrimental to your development.

Getting Jacob Daniel softens the blow of losing Ty Isaac. Word is that it's a family issue and wants to be closer to home.

Last edited:
Damn. RB Ty Isaac transferring from USC.
mean.gif

Isaac has been released from his scholarship in order to transfer closer to home. This is a loss but not a huge one in the big picture of the team. Ty has a lot of potential but the reality for this coming season is that it will likely be a 3-man rotation with Buck Allen and Tre Madden having already secured their spots in the lead roles based on their performances this spring. Ty had an opportunity with Justin Davis out to make a claim on that 3rd spot but he was injured and missed a lot of time, and then came back on the final day of spring to get a few carries and seemed to get hurt. My guess is that Davis is going to get every opportunity to be the 3rd guy in the fall and that would have likely meant a very limited role for Ty. As far as the Trojans are concerned there is always a need for depth at tailback and Ty certainly made a nice 4th option but it's hard to know how much that might have impacted a decision to transfer as there are also reports that a family illness may be at play. We will look to talk to Ty to get more information. I think he has a chance to be a very good college tailback, he has a natural running style for a guy his size. There is always a chance he could grow out of the position but I haven't seen that yet.

He was hurt all Spring but def would have been at the very least sharing carries as a starter next year.

Last edited:
USC has good options at RB (though they were injured a bit last season) after Isaac but that OL has to stay healthy for it to work. Don't see that happening this year.

I think Harris dates Tiger Woods' niece...

Oh, didn't see anything posted, but did anyone see the story of the Rutgers QB who put some other football player in a coma during a bar fight? Dude apparently got sucker-punched by someone else, and when he was on the ground, the Rutgers QB kicked him in the dome. Guy who got kicked was married w/ kids. :smh:

[h1]  [/h1]
[h1]Boise State can help Homeless Recruit Antoine Turner[/h1]
Incoming freshman recruit Antoine Turner, who is currently homeless, is allowed to receive immediate assistance from Boise State  after the NCAA granted a waiver request Wednesday.

@NCAA
Follow

After Boise State's request last night, the school may provide immediate assistance to football student-athlete Antoine Turner.
Turner told KTVB-TV in Boise that he has been living at a motel and in his girlfriend's car and even in the past on park benches due to various financial and family issues.

After the television story aired, Boise State's compliance department warned boosters it would be an NCAA violation for them to provide any financial assistance to Turner.

Under the waiver, the 6-foot-3, 280-pound defensive end can receive -- among other items -- room and board from Boise State because he's now allowed on campus. Originally, he was scheduled to arrive for summer school.

Turner, who grew up in New Orleans, told KTVB he lost his mother to cancer when he was 4, had a strained relationship with his father and lost an uncle during Hurricane Katrina.

After that, he told the station, he ran drugs for gang members in the Lower Ninth Ward, until they realized he was playing sports during his senior year and "gave me a pass."

"I was playing football and I wasn't having to go home until late at night. That kept me out of the streets," he told KTVB. "... They may be thugs and they may be gangsters, but they actually cared. They kind of like gave me a pass."

Turner told KTVB that he then attended Fullerton Junior College in California, where he says he slept on park benches because he had nowhere to stay until the family of his girlfriend took him in. He was forced out six weeks ago because of government subsidized housing regulations.

He said he's been either sleeping at a motel or in his girlfriend's car in Fullerton since.

Last edited:
Well Petrino didn't leave that team in the best of situations so I can see where Bielema is coming from.

At least he's not selling snake oil like a a lot of coaches would.

Looking at their schedule I cant see them finishing any better than 3-9 or 4-8.  Is Arkansas going to be that patient with him?

Back
Top Bottom