2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Preston Williams is legitimately top 5 overall player this cycle. Holy ****

We have got to hang on to him. No joke
Seems solid, long way til NSD tho.

Alvin Kamara to Hutchinson JuCo, interdasting...
nerd.gif
 (wants back in SEC?)

CINCINNATI, Ohio - Though National Signing Day passed nearly two weeks ago, the situation involving five-star Detroit (Mich.) Southfield defensive lineman Malik McDowell still hasn't reached a resolution. The 6-foot-6, 290-pound committed to Michigan State on Signing Day but has yet to sign with anyone.

McDowell says MSU is the only school he's communicating with.
Previously, McDowell's parents had went on the record stating that some unofficial visits could be in store to places such as Florida State, Michigan, and Ohio State. McDowell says that won't be the case.

"None," McDowell said, when asked what schools he would be visiting. "I'm just talking to Michigan State."

While the Seminoles, Wolverines, and Buckeyes continue to try and flip McDowell from his Michigan State pledge, McDowell says he hasn't personally had any contact with those staffs recently.

"I haven't talked to any other coaches," McDowell said. "I know that I've started to get some other offers and my coach said that some college coaches are still calling but I haven't talked to anybody."

McDowell and his family are working together to try and come to a conclusion that everyone can be satisfied with. While his mother has stated she will not sign a letter of intent for him to go to Michigan State, McDowell is still trying to change that stance.

"Yes that's pretty much it," McDowell said when asked if he was still working with his parents to hash things out. "Hopefully before April 1st (in terms of the situation reaching a conclusion)."

If the kid knows (and I'm quite sure the MSU coaches have made it known to him) that he doesn't really need to sign that NLI in order to get Scholly papers, he's going to MSU and there's not anything that his mom can really do about it.

Alvin Kamara to Hutchinson JuCo, interdasting...:nerd:  (wants back in SEC?)

Ending up at the hot spot?  UT?

UGA/UT would be the favorites. He was down to those two w/ Bama out of HS. He made a bad decision. Got caught up in the Saban love. I don't think he's a good fit at UT or UGA anymore. Big log jam at RB especially young Running backs.

Excuses my ignorance but why is the LOI such a big deal?

Is it more just the "contract" obligation behind it? I'm sure a kid can attend a school without a parents permission ?
guarantees the kid has a scholarship for at least his freshman year and prohibits other schools from contacting, recruiting and bothering that kid while he is under that protection.

it really isn't a big deal, as long as the kid and the school are mutually committed to each other.

Alvin Kamara to Hutchinson JuCo, interdasting...
nerd.gif
 (wants back in SEC?)
Ending up at the hot spot?  UT?
UGA/UT would be the favorites. He was down to those two w/ Bama out of HS. He made a bad decision. Got caught up in the Saban love. I don't think he's a good fit at UT or UGA anymore. Big log jam at RB especially young Running backs.
Bet he ends up at Ole Miss 
laugh.gif

Trenton Thompson top 3 - UGA, FSU, UTk. Says it's his moms decision, but wants it done by end of Summer

Dee Hart didn't play RB anymore, he moved to DB last year

You sure?...I remember he had switched during Spring when he returned from injury with Jones, but I only saw him play Special Teams...still not sure how some services had him rated as a 5 star, although them getting HHCD worked out well

Back
Top Bottom