2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

@B_Quatro4: I wanna thank #dawgnation for the support these last couple of days ... but on Wednesday I will be signing with South Carolina #WeCocky

I was pretty sure he wouldn't flip but to make a run at him the point where he needed to reaffirm his commitment was impressive. Good luck to BAW though.

it was everyone in this thread to be honest. we all loved russell. and dre was terrified of him.

I became a huge fan of Russell when he beat UM his freshman year. Watching the game I was like "who is this kid?." Started following him since then.

Is it me or did people really only know him since his lone year at Wisconsin? Most people didn't even know about his ACC days unless they watch college football.

being in NC you couldn't help but know who he was.......that whole tom obrein situation created a lot of chatter here........

much love for him for covering against ucf in 2010 
nthat.gif

it was everyone in this thread to be honest. we all loved russell. and dre was terrified of him.
I became a huge fan of Russell when he beat UM his freshman year. Watching the game I was like "who is this kid?." Started following him since then.

Is it me or did people really only know him since his lone year at Wisconsin? Most people didn't even know about his ACC days unless they watch college football.
NCST folks be 
mad.gif
 @ that lol

Daylon Mack DT, 2015 Recruit from Texas

Daylon Mack ‏@DaylonMack 12h
Y no florida schools — They don't want me that far from home

Daylon Mack ‏@DaylonMack 10h
Why aren't you allowed to consider any Florida school? — That Trayvon Martin stuff

Why aren't you allowed to consider any Florida school? — That Trayvon Martin stuff

He's tweeted some out there stuff before. Kid is a moron. Smh.

or maybe his parents/handlers are
I mean... racism etc. in North and Central Florida is a real thing (funny for a kid from Texas to be worried about that I know but still) ...  Maybe not a legitimate enough concern that it should affect his college decision, but if the kid and his parents decide they don't like what they see and hear on the news about an area and would rather he stays closer to surroundings they're more familiar with I don't know that that makes them dumb.

People make that decision regarding moving to cities like Detroit all the time.

Now I don't know anything about the kid and I realize my post looks dumb if it turns out he's BEEN strongly considering Florida State etc. 
laugh.gif

Also, Lamont Simmons allegedly committed to USC last night.

I'm told Jacksonville (Fla.) Raines cornerback Lamont Simmons, who visited Penn State over the weekend and has a number of schools courting him, has given indications that he will sign with USC on Wednesday. And with the East Coast time difference, Simmons' signature might even be the first to roll through the fax machine.

Mike folkblues, what's the word on Joe Mixon and Budda Baker? I know Mixon tweeted hes sticking with OU but I'm hearing you might have flipped him?

Last edited:
I think:

Treon flips to UF tomorrow. - That will be cemented tonight when he calls the coaches.
CJ Worton ends up @ WVU
Dexter Wideman flips to USC
Lo Carter commits to UGA
Malik McDowell & Family comprimise & he ends up @ O$U
Chad Thomas is going to flip to Bama
(just kidding on that last one.)

Last edited:

or maybe his parents/handlers are
I mean... racism etc. in North and Central Florida is a real thing (funny for a kid from Texas to be worried about that I know but still) ...  Maybe not a legitimate enough concern that it should affect his college decision, but if the kid and his parents decide they don't like what they see and hear on the news about an area and would rather he stays closer to surroundings they're more familiar with I don't know that that makes them dumb.

People make that decision regarding moving to cities like Detroit all the time.

Now I don't know anything about the kid and I realize my post looks dumb if it turns out he's BEEN strongly considering Florida State etc. 
laugh.gif
yea I've seen places outside the gainsville and Orlando area that had me like 
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom