2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Malik will be an OT soon if he heads to Columbus

Joseph Barksdale treatment.

His mom is getting into it with Sparty fans in the comments section of an article. Her comment..."Misguided and ignorant? Really? Your mother should have swallowed your ignorant ***."

:lol:

Last edited:
4* UGA commit S Kendall Marshall will sign with Marshall (grades)

4* WR Isaiah McKenzie (teammate of Sony Michel) got a late offer, looking very good for UGA tomorrow.

Bryson Allen-Williams sticking with OBC

4* DE Andrew Williams 
nerd.gif

Can't wait.

Last edited:
I think:

Treon flips to UF tomorrow. - That will be cemented tonight when he calls the coaches.
CJ Worton ends up @ WVU
Dexter Wideman flips to USC
Lo Carter commits to UGA
Malik McDowell & Family comprimise & he ends up @ O$U
Chad Thomas is going to flip to Bama
(just kidding on that last one.)
Had to slide the Chad troll in, huh? 
laugh.gif

Also, Lamont Simmons allegedly committed to USC last night.

I'm told Jacksonville (Fla.) Raines cornerback Lamont Simmons, who visited Penn State over the weekend and has a number of schools courting him, has given indications that he will sign with USC on Wednesday. And with the East Coast time difference, Simmons' signature might even be the first to roll through the fax machine.

Mike folkblues, what's the word on Joe Mixon and Budda Baker? I know Mixon tweeted hes sticking with OU but I'm hearing you might have flipped him?

Mixon and his family decided to stick with his commitment with OU and shut down his recruiting. He seriously thought about flipping during the weekend stay, but when he got back home to discuss it with family he felt that he needed to honor OU's offer (they spent the whole weekend blowing up his phone when they found out he went to visit UCLA, apparently).

We still lead for Baker, but Washington has made serious gains, and some places are saying that he's silently committed to them, though I don't think that's true yet. His mom's health is the biggest roadblock to him moving from Washington to California, which is understandable, and the family prefers he stay in state too. His personal preference is to leave for California, but we know how family can away recruits. UCLA is about to lose Rashaan Evans because his dad is doing all he can to give him to Auburn.

Nvm. Just noticed that the Willie Williams article had been posted

Last edited:

4* UGA commit S Kendall Marshall will sign with Marshall (grades)

4* WR Isaiah McKenzie (teammate of Sony Michel) got a late offer, looking very good for UGA tomorrow.

Bryson Allen-Williams sticking with OBC

4* DE Andrew Williams 
nerd.gif

Can't wait.
Did the Dawgs break out the money bags for Williams?  He'd been all Auburn.

man I barely keep up w/ recruiting these days......ima just look at the rankings once it's all over 
laugh.gif

man I barely keep up w/ recruiting these days......ima just look at the rankings once it's all over :lol:

Man its why I can't rock with college football as much as I'd like too. Half these dudes ain't gonna be any good anyways so I don't know why people follow this stuff so closely.

I think for some people the recruiting is fun because they can relive their own experience choosing a college through these kids.

man I barely keep up w/ recruiting these days......ima just look at the rankings once it's all over :lol:

Man its why I can't rock with college football as much as I'd like too. Half these dudes ain't gonna be any good anyways so I don't know why people follow this stuff so closely.

You could say the same thing about the draft.

I mostly follow Miami's recruiting its entertaining to say the least

You could say the same thing about the draft.

I mostly follow Miami's recruiting its entertaining to say the least
I think for some people the recruiting is fun because they can relive their own experience choosing a college through these kids.

Most people I know that follow this stuff close didn't even go to the college they root for or went to college at all.

We talking about the whims of 17 years olds that aren't even fully physically developed. The draft is way more precise.

[h1]  [/h1]
[h1]Former kicker Brendan Gibbons permanently separated from University for sexual misconduct[/h1]
http://www.michigandaily.com/sports/former-kicker-brendan-gibbons-expelled-sexual-misconduct
[h1]  [/h1]
[h1]Michigan Stiff Arms Student Newspaper, Fosters Brendan Gibbons Speculation[/h1]
Michigan didn’t invite the Michigan Daily, the student outlet that broke the Brendan Gibbons story, to a press conference or small gathering where Brady Hoke addressed it. It’s the latest incident in a pattern of stonewalling, raising a cloud of suspicion about Michigan’s handling of it.

Gibbons was arrested and questioned  after a reported sexual assault in Nov. 2009. He was not charged and the case was closed by Ann Arbor police after the victim stopped cooperating. Gibbons was expelled by Michigan (effective Dec. 20, 2013) with the school’s Office of Student Conflict Resolution finding him guilty of violating the student sexual misconduct policy. The OSCR uses a “preponderance of evidence” standard rather than the “beyond a reasonable doubt” standard for a criminal investigation.

The most plausible explanation for the delay, rather than some massive cover up for a freshman kicker, is something, possibly this blog post, prompted U of M to investigate the incident under a new student sexual misconduct policy, finalized in 2013. The misconduct occurred before Brady Hoke or AD David Brandon were hired. Former AD Bill Martin claimed he was never informed. Former coach Rich Rodriguez declined comment.

Michigan has not answered questions about the story citing FERPA, despite FERPA  not protecting findings of violence and sex crimes. The school’s silence has engendered speculation.

The OSCR document confirming sexual misconduct was signed on Nov. 20. The earliest confirmation the athletic department knew, based on an outgoing fax, was on Dec. 19. When did they really find out?

Gibbons played in Michigan’s game against Iowa on Nov. 23. He missed the Ohio State game with a purported injury, though he attended Michigan’s football bust on Dec. 10. He did not travel for the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl due to a “family matter,” a deliberate fib on Hoke’s part.

Did Hoke play Gibbons vs. Iowa despite knowing he had been found guilty? One theory suggests it defies belief  Michigan’s athletic department would not have known before the Iowa game. However, OSCR did not meet with Gibbons until Dec. 4. Would they have informed the athletic department before meeting with Gibbons himself? Worst case: Michigan knew the result immediately and played him anyway. Best case: they didn’t know until after the season and were just misleading.

It’s not clear whether Michigan did anything wrong. But, following the Sandusky scandal at Penn State, Michigan asserting people should trust the school’s “integrity” and “standards” is not good enough for a public institution. It is time for some answers.

Did the Dawgs break out the money bags for Williams?  He'd been all Auburn.
naw bro he really enjoyed himself on his OV last weekend and hasn't stopped talking about us since then plus his parents want him at uga his coach wants him at uga so everything was in favor of him to uga that's one reason why he visited

Last edited:

I'm over it, read about it here and there, but not invested in it. I'll read up tomorrow, can't get excited like some about kids commiting months or years in advance.

People literally get heartbroken if a 17 year old changes his mind, :lol:

I've never paid a lot of attention to recruiting, usually only after the bowls have been played and it's a couple weeks before signing day.  I just can't bother with it even though it's important to how my school's team will look down the road.  So many variables and like IronMan said, it's the decision of a 17/18 year old kid which makes it funny how people try to rationalize it and some of the delusion that goes on.  It's sad how grown men can attack a kid for choosing a different school and wish the worst for him, pathetic to see them begging these kids to commit on social media.

I'm over it, read about it here and there, but not invested in it. I'll read up tomorrow, can't get excited like some about kids commiting months or years in advance.

People literally get heartbroken if a 17 year old changes his mind, :lol:

This is where I'm at. I don't pay for any premium service or anything like that. I just follow some guys on Twitter and read articles that are published.

Saw this today on Twitter:

John Canzano ‏@JohnCanzanoBFT 40s
Oregon Ducks feel like the team to beat on 5-star WR Juju Smith (Long Beach Poly) .. per Justin Hopkins on @750TheGame

:lol: :lol: :lol: wack breezy accused of throwing salt on his ex-employer while on the recruiting trail before he left. he seemed more like a politician then a HC, so i wouldn't put it past him.

Last edited:
I've heard that Oregon is leading for Juju, too.
It's just boredom from Oregon bloggers.  Nothing's changed really.

Juju has always liked Oregon a lot and they've been making a push, but unlike DAT his family are USC fans, he's a lifelong USC fan, his uncle is on the USC coaching staff and his mom sat him down yesterday and asked him to stay local at SC.

Not to mention the Polynesian players coming in are in his ear.

USC is the leader for him, but Oregon is a real contender.  If by team to beat they mean "only team USC has to beat" then yeah.  But aside from some very real late interest there's no other logical reason to think Oregon would be the favorite.

He's curious about the Ducks and his family wants him to get that taste out his mouth.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom