2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Jaleel's not leaving Westwood.

And UCLA lost it's DC Lou Spanos to the Titan's today. He'll be going from being a DC to a LB coach. *shrug* I guess he wanted back into the NFL.

Last edited:
Jaleel's not leaving Westwood.

And UCLA lost it's DC Lou Spanos to the Titan's today. He'll be going from being a DC to a LB coach. *shrug* I guess he wanted back into the NFL.
it's why some wishful thinkers are hoping ucla recruits (wood) start honestly looking around

That would be a great hire IMO. I liked Clancy

Only thing is he doesn't recruit supposedly

Last edited:
Brethren of the NT CFB thread

I'm pickin up a new case for my phone. Which of these would you choose?

These are the same guys who make their helmets and they use the same materials I guess (http://www.shophgi.com/collections/team-cell-phone-cases)

I'm leaning towards the black one

You should get this one:

That's interesting. He could get away with that at USC since it recruits itself, but I don't know how well that'd work for UCLA.
Spanos didn't recruit at all either, everyone else did his work. he didn't like college coaching at all. was great for us tho teaching the 3-4 defense tho and will be missed

Miami fans Malcolm Bunche any good? seems like he will transfer into UCLA and will be able to play right away.

Spanos didn't recruit at all either, everyone else did his work. he didn't like college coaching at all. was great for us tho teaching the 3-4 defense tho and will be missed

Miami fans Malcolm Bunche any good? seems like he will transfer into UCLA and will be able to play right away.
He was disappointing at Miami. He can be a contributor/in the rotation. Wouldn't rely on him as a full-time start. 

Gunna, CBJ showing Kevin Mouhon the door?

That's interesting. He could get away with that at USC since it recruits itself, but I don't know how well that'd work for UCLA.

Hm. I wonder why I hadn't heard about that before. I guess I should have figured that since I never heard about him talking with recruits.

Bring on Clancy, then.

[h1]Second person charged in death of Arkansas State player Markel Owens[/h1]
RIPLEY, Tenn. — A second man has been arrested and charged with the shooting death of Arkansas State football player Markel Owens and his stepfather in Tennessee.

Deputy U.S. Marshal Seth Bruce says investigators found Johnny Wade in Ripley, Tenn., on Saturday. Bruce says investigators found two handguns inside the house where Wade was staying.

20492*****4924-330-0.jpg
Markel Owens (AP Photo)

MORE: Initial news report  | Notable sports deaths

Jackson police were looking for Wade in the death of the 21-year-old Owens and 36-year-old Johnny Shivers. Johnny Wade and Derrick Wade of Jackson also face charges of attempted first-degree murder of Owens' mother, 37-year-old Chermaine Owens; aggravated assault of Shivers' 16-year-old son; and tampering with evidence.

Police were called to the home in Jackson Wednesday night.

Police found Derrick Wade at a relative's home Thursday after he sought treatment at a Memphis hospital for a gunshot wound.

Gunna, CBJ showing Kevin Mouhon the door?

Not sure, if there was a candidate to be cut loose, he would seem to fit the bill. Esp. With his big bro up at cinci.
Believe he's the 6th or 7th LB commit and there has to be room for Evans, Scott and Adoreé.

Last edited:
With all these recruits they're getting, I'm looking forward*  to UGA getting back** to winning Championships.

* By "looking forward" I mean any time in the next 35 years.

** By "getting back" I mean any time within the last 35 years.

Last edited:
Not sure, if there was a candidate to be cut loose, he would seem to fit the bill. Esp. With his big bro up at cinci.
Believe he's the 6th or 7th LB commit and there has to be room for Evans, Scott and Adoreé.
Yea, he surprised everyone by taking an official this weekend but he didn't give any interviews about it.

With all these recruits they're getting, I'm looking forward*  to UGA getting back** to winning Championships.

* By "looking forward" I mean any time in the next 35 years.

** By "getting back" I mean any time within the last 35 years.
indifferent.gif
 but Clemson ain't.....nvm dawg. 8/30

WR Rico Johnson committed to the G. 
smokin.gif

Last edited:
Maaaan, the greed is just wrong :smh:

$2,000 for BLEEDERS? Nah man

Premium seats to come at a price

Those who want to guarantee themselves a premium ticket to the first college football title game under the new playoff system can start buying Monday.

But fans might want to check the limit on their credit cards before doing so, as the cheapest tickets will run almost $2,000.

Ticket and hospitality companies PrimeSport and Colonnade Group, two of the vendors chosen by the organizers of the College Football Playoff, posted identical prices on their websites Monday morning.

A seat in the corners of the top level of AT&T Stadium for the College Football Playoff title game costs $1,899 and includes a three-hour pregame hospitality event, a full premium menu and top-shelf bar, and a $50 merchandise voucher.

The cheapest premium seat available through either company for the 2015 title game, which will be played Jan. 12 in AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, is $1,899. The seat, in the corners of the top level of the stadium where the Cowboys play, comes with a three-hour pregame hospitality event, a full premium menu and top-shelf bar, and a $50 merchandise voucher.

The most expensive ticket is a seat in a suite located between the 20-yard lines, with hospitality, food, bar, gift bag and postgame field access, for $3,899 each. Options that include a three-night stay in a premium Dallas-area hotel drive the cost up to more than $5,000.

PrimeSport also notes that it has suites available, which range from 15 to 59 seats, for prices starting at $4,000 a seat.

The premium ticket offerings are only the first glimpse into the business of the college football playoff system. Last week, the organizers of the playoff announced that 1,000 tickets to the title game will be made available by a random drawing to fans who submit their names between Jan. 13 and May 1. Five hundred winners will be notified that they are entitled to purchase two tickets at face value, which has not been announced.

Face values for the two semifinal games, which will take place at the Rose Bowl and the Sugar Bowl on Jan. 1, 2015, and are controlled by the organizers of those venues, have not been determined.

The face-value ticket for this year's Rose Bowl ranged from $150 to $185, Sugar Bowl tickets ranged from $175 to $240, and title game tickets had face values of $325 and $385.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...football-playoff-championship-game-start-1899

Last edited by a moderator:
JC Jacksons uncle who is supposedly handling his recruitment says he has shut it down and will be at UF. Who knows if it sticks.

UF got athlete Diondre Porter to flip from USF, Roper recruited him as a WR/Situational QB

Alvin Kamara supposedly really interested in a potential transfer to Clemson.  Rumors about him stirring **** up at Bama, telling recruits not to go there on visits and getting in an altercation with a coach.  Could be fun.

Back
Top Bottom