2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Bd5yTrxCIAAh9f8.jpg

:lol:
Gators :lol:

Heard somebody say they'll be blocking eachother while the play is going on next season :rofl:

Why didn't FSU match it?

Good question. I would imagine that FSU would have the $ to at least give a counter offer in the ballpark, but who knows. I do know that Pruitt played @ Bama w/ Will Friend who coaches @ UGA, so maybe that's their ace in the hole

@ least we got a Natty out of it :lol:

What's weird: Pruitt gets more $ at UGA, but he was making 800K with supplemental income at #FSU. made $940,500 w/bonuses this year.

Perhaps he just wanted to get back to the SEC

Last edited:
I'm kinda getting tired of coaches using us as a stepping-stone. It's hard for me to believe we couldnt come close to matching, so its obvious that he just wanted to be at Georgia.

It may hurt a lil recruiting wise, but as far as on the field we'll be aight. Stoops came and left the same way. 

I'm kinda getting tired of coaches using us as a stepping-stone. It's hard for me to believe we couldnt come close to matching, so its obvious that he just wanted to be at Georgia.

It may hurt a lil recruiting wise, but as far as on the field we'll be aight. Stoops came and left the same way. 

I think its the opposite, your recruiting will be fine but on the field is where you'll take a hit

It's the nature of the beast that is CFB in this new era. Get used to it.

You would much rather be in that position than to be in the position where you hire retreads or coaches that aren't really in demand.

The talent on the defense is already in place. You need someone to not crash the car. Hopefully they hire someone w/ a similar Philosophy. My guess is that if Kelly isn't promoted, it'll be some DC w/ a DB specialty.

I think its the opposite, your recruiting will be fine but on the field is where you'll take a hit

Same thing was said when Pruitt got hired. The cabinet is full of talent. The on field drop off 'should' not be as steep esp if there isn't a drastic schematic change

Last edited:
Why didn't FSU match it?

Pretty sure they did, plus Florida has no State income tax....was said that Pruitt is real good friends with Georgia's D-Line coach...Also I believe he wants to be a head coach soon, he won't be unsetting Jimbo Fisher, and Mark Richt is constantly on the hot seat. I trust Jimbo in his evaluation of coaches, so I'm not worried, doubt it takes a big hit in recruiting as Humphrey and Carter weren't gonna come to FSU anyway

I think @ this point it's pretty obvious it wasn't just $.

Pruitt doing well @ UGA essentially gets Richt off the hot seat, no? If the defense gives them 2 more wins, what grounds will there be to can Richt?

@flasportsbuzz: Two-sport, four-star WR/power forward Derrick Griffin, a UM commit who didn't qualify academically, tweeted he's headed to junior college.

Yikes

Pruitt doing well @ UGA essentially gets Richt off the hot seat, no? If the defense gives them 2 more wins, what grounds will there be to can Richt?

laugh.gif
 Basically.

Coaching staff knew Griffin had no shot for a while now. Fan base were the only ones believing him. 

I expected Pruitt to leave eventually, but not after year 1. Disappointing. Hope it doesn't hurt the current recruiting class. Thought it was 50/50 FSU would get Humphrey, but think it significantly decreases now.

Heard we may go after Geoff Collins from Mississippi State....but I'm not worried...I trust Jimbo's evaluations with assistant coaches

Back
Top Bottom