2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
This x1000. The Nets are absolutely no match for the Heat. Its gonna be a sweep or 5 at most and everyone is gonna go back to saying "welp the Heat reminding everyone why they're the champs."

Someone name me 1 weakness of the Heat that the Nets can expose? They have no dominant bigs and no shooters.

Point guard defense, that's it.

Point guard defense, that's it.
That's a true advantage for sure but I dunno about it being the only thing.  the Nets are a tough matchup for the Heat because they can play a lot of different ways. 

Plumlee is stronger and faster than any of the Heat's frontcourt players and Blatche is good for one or two flashy post moves a game.  Plus the Nets starting 5 can all guard at least 2 different positions which gives them a lot of leeway to shuffle defensive assignments.  Kirilenko off the bench provides another body to throw at Lebron, his long arms bother Bron and he doesn't have to be the only guy guarding Bron all series.

They're at their best playing slow but they can go uptempo with Williams, Thornton and Plumlee to match Miami's energy.

I mean if you made me bet on it I'd say the Heat take the series but Brooklyn is really good at morphing their lineup and tactics based on what's working against them.  So it's going to be competitive.

Last edited:
Idk the season record

But i think okc frontline will cause blake problems
They got four capable bigs who can bully him

If u stop blake u stop the clippers

Regarding Mark Jackson and the Warriors:
2. So what happens here? Will Jackson be back next season?

The momentum is mounting against it.

It's a truly bizarre situation, given the deep-rooted support Jackson continues to get from his players, most notably Steph Curry. After weeks of publicly backing him, Curry said it with even more force after the Warriors' elimination Saturday night, telling the world that he wants "Coach Jackson to be that guy leading us" next season.

Comparisons have been drawn between Jackson and Lionel Hollins, who was let go in Memphis after last season's trip to the conference finals largely because the Grizzlies' new owners wanted to work with a more collaborative coach. Hollins, though, was by no means revered by his players in the same manner as Jackson. Grizzlies players didn't speak for Hollins like they did for Jackson.

For weeks.

Yet the whispers persist, and grow louder by the day, that Lacob prefers a new (and possibly more experienced) voice in charge, someone who meshes better with the front office personality-wise. NBA coaching sources insist that this strays far beyond mere fallout from the respective flare-ups that led to the departures of assistant coaches Brian Scalabrine and Darren Erman. The gulf between management and coach, by all accounts, is wide.

My personal position on the matter hasn't changed since we addressed it in this cyberspace in early April. If you're going to dismiss a coach who gets the sort of buy-in that Jackson gets from his guys, you better be sure you're upgrading. Because the level of buy-in Jackson has within the Dubs' locker room is by no means the NBA norm.

It seems, though, that even the occupants of that locker room know what's coming.

"You get the feel that, no matter what happens, our coach won't be our coach next year," Jermaine O'Neal told USA Today's Sam Amick after the Warriors' Game 6 win over the Clippers. "You just get that feel."

3. What exactly are the alternatives Golden State is considering?

To give Jackson any hope of avoiding a repeat of what Curry describes as a "circus" filled with "distractions" that were "unlike anything I've seen," Golden State would surely have to extend Jackson beyond next season as opposed to merely letting him stay for the final season of his contract.

Which is really tough to envision after the tension of the past few months.

Two coaching names known to interest Golden State greatly, sources say, are Steve Kerr and Stan Van Gundy. I find it equally tough to picture Kerr turning Phil Jackson down now, as far as Kerr's dalliance with the Knicks has gone, so look for the Warriors to explore the SVG option hard if (when?) Jackson's reign is brought to an end.

Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News reported recently that the Warriors would likewise court Iowa State's Fred Hoiberg if (when?) they have an opening. In either case, chances are some determined lobbying would have to be done, since Hoiberg has made no secret of his intent to stay with the Cyclones, while Van Gundy would have to be pulled away from the satisfying combination of broadcasting work and focusing on family life.
http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/post/_/id/2289/summer-scoop-warriors-road-ahead

What advantages do the clippers have against okc?
Better coach, better ball movement, and Clippers trust their reserves more.  Besides DJ being leagues more athletic than Perkins, their starting fives match up well.   The bench play is where things are going to get interesting because beyond Reggie Jackson and Caron Butler, the Thunder bench is a little suspect.  

Jeremy Lamb was supposed to be the main consolation prize for the Harden trade but all he gets to do is shoot spot-up threes, otherwise he's on the pine.

I get the feeling Chris Paul is going to try to frustrate Westbrook and make him set up his teammates.   This in the hopes that he'll get emotional and try to shoot his way out of the game which Memphis was very succesful in making him do.

Warriors want to hire a coach and not a preacher, good for them
Tough spot for the Warriors.

As deficient as Jackson is in the Xs and Ox, he has such a huge buy-in from the team. Which I feel like is as important as Xs and Os these days in the NBA.

Speaking of Jackson...

For NBA teams, religion can be unifying or divisive

Jackson has been a lightning rod on this topic, with his detractors alleging hypocrisy when it was revealed in 2012 that he was the victim of an extortion attempt related to an extra-marital affair that he had in 2006 with an ex-stripper. As he detailed in a statement at the time, he changed his ways soon after and began his ministry at the True Love Worship Center International in Van Nuys in 2009. Jackson, who keeps his home base in Southern California, occasionally gives the Sunday sermon during the season if the Warriors have a natural day off in their hectic schedule.

303978_full.jpg

Gonna be an interesting offseason for GS. It's funny how the players hold him in high-regard, but management sees otherwise. I mean, you can look at this team as underachieving....

Last edited:
Heat in 7
Pacers in 6
Okc in 7
Blazers in 7

Keep sleeping on Portland all you want Spurs getting the Upset n maybe someone on the East :nerd:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom