2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
its a superstar league, you need a superstar to win a championship

You don't need one, you want one. We call people superstars cuz they make highlights and get stats and play cool, and people act like that's the same as a ring. What happened to T-Mac? And then whoever comes through and wins, we try and call them superstars after the fact, not before.

Was PP a superstar before the big 3 came together? Were Damian Lillard and LMA superstars before this playoffs? If they win the chip this year, are they superstars then?

Get to the playoffs, hope your best players play great, your roles players don't suck and you don't get outcoached.

That all a coach can do is put their players in the best position to win, but it's up to them to make the winning plays. And great players tend to make winning plays.

Oh, well i'm not acting like I just discovered that.

All i'm pointing out is that when I see people saying "fire Mark Jackson," "Fire Woodson," fire D'antoni" I think it's stupid. Those coaches (and any other coach) is as good as his roster. Virtually Any coach can win with historically great players. Coaches are only as good as the players that they are coaching. It's not sets, or any coaching schematics, it's how good your players are. That's really all there is to this NBA coaching thing.

That's a different point then, "it's your team's fault you lost cuz you don't have LeBron, so go get LeBron."

why is drake there?
I was wondering the same thing........ has not from Canada is he? acting like he's the "ambassador" of the raptors or something.
mean.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

its a superstar league, you need a superstar to win a championship
You don't need one, you want one. We call people superstars cuz they make highlights and get stats and play cool, and people act like that's the same as a ring. What happened to T-Mac? And then whoever comes through and wins, we try and call them superstars after the fact, not before.

Was PP a superstar before the big 3 came together? Were Damian Lillard and LMA superstars before this playoffs? If they win the chip this year, are they superstars then?

Get to the playoffs, hope your best players play great, your roles players don't suck and you don't get outcoached.
tmac, pp, lillard, lamarcus are not superstars

That's a different point then, "it's your team's fault you lost cuz you don't have LeBron, so go get LeBron."
YOU NEED ONE TO WIN MAN. ONLY D TOWN HAS DONE IT IN THE PAST 20 YEARS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom