2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the guys that are shooters, who's shooting stroke do you guys prefer? Thompson or Curry?

Thompson got the AAU high school product sniper...

Curry got the rec. ball "how the hell is he releasing that quick and wetting that bit**?!" form that you try to copy but can't replicate no matter how hard you try shot. :smh:

With that said, give me Curry, might change to Thompson tomorrow.

your post(s) today

A+ sir

his progression is off the charts since he's been given the torch.
At the end of the day, we're arguing over semantics. We both agree that he's improved we just disagree on the extent of the improvement.

You probably didnt support the Harden trade until after he put up the guady stats huh?
now you're making (inaccurate) baseless assumptions :rofl:

I ALWAYS noted Harden's supreme efficiency whem he was at OKC. I was a big fan of his game well before the trade. When I get to a computer I'll pull up my posts from the NBA season thread that year

For the guys that are shooters, who's shooting stroke do you guys prefer? Thompson or Curry?

I gotta go with Steph due to his off the dribble quick release, so fluid.

Klay, while wet, is very catch-and -shoot mechanical.

Regardless, they will both go down as 2 of the greatest shooters of all time.

Your comprehension is terrible. I CLEARLY said he won't improve this much in ONE season. You don't go from average shooter to better than Ray/Reggie in 1 year. You don't go from struggling to break 20 on marginal efficiency to giving me 27 a night on 67% TS in ONE season

Never said he wouldnt improve at all.

edit:
Yea if I'm trying to beat Miami, and LeBron is dropping 30 on 50% on player A or player B, I want the player who can give me the most points on offense since NEITHER player can slow down LeBron.

-_- go ahead and show me where I said he would? You keep bringing up he won't keep this pace when no one ever said he would. You bringing up last year IMPLIES that you think he won't improve that much. When he's shown pretty rapid improvement. Furthermore he's a great defender which isn't even debatable, you used the best player in the world against him when 1 its the best player in the world so that is extremely illogical and 2 you're wrong. Using total stats doesn't mean pg did a bad job there are plenty of various factors that go into averages. Bottom line your reasoning was weak. Taking harden is absolutely fine but the reason you used is hilarious

Last edited:
Klay has the nba 2k press a button and he goes into a textbook shooting form, curry is more if his hands are touching the ball he will able to somehow get a perfect shot off

At the end of the day, we're arguing over semantics. We both agree that he's improved we just disagree on the extent of the improvement.

I ALWAYS noted Harden's supreme efficiency whem he was at OKC. I was a big fan of his game well before the trade. When I get to a computer I'll pull up my posts from the NBA season thread that year

i was joshing with the extended Harden analogy there fam, :lol:. I don't know you, no need to pull out the evidence. I was just cynically trying to prove a point about the value in watching games vs some of the high level statistical arguments you tried to bring in.

yea we're arguing over semantics, I suppose, but what you opened up with seemed kinda telling to who/what you viewed PG as a player. But w/e, I guess I'll take the fact that you did say he's improved and move along. ha

-_- go ahead and show me where I said he would? You keep bringing up he won't keep this pace when no one ever said he would.

He distinctly alluded to the possibility of George sustaining that production. And I pointed out that that won't happen.

You bringing up last year IMPLIES that you think he won't improve that much. When he's shown pretty rapid improvement.

I'm bringing up a 100 game body of work and you're attempting to counter that by using a ridiculously small sample size of 4 games :lol:

Furthermore, he's a great defender which isn't even debatable, you used the best player in the world against him when 1 its the best player in the world

So? If I'm trying to beat his team and I'm starting my franchise with a wing whose calling card is his defense then he better be able to keep Bron below 29 on 50% shooting. If he can't, then I need the best possible scorer, which is Harden in this comparison

Last edited:
I would take PG. You can't just be a nothing at one entire half of the game of basketball. People here too quick to pretend defense doesn't exist.

i was joshing with the extended Harden analogy there fam, :lol:. I don't know you, no need to pull out the evidence. I was just cynically trying to prove a point about the value in watching games vs some of the high level statistical arguments you tried to bring in.

yea we're arguing over semantics, I suppose, but what you opened up with seemed kinda telling to who/what you viewed PG as a player. But w/e, I guess I'll take the fact that you did say he's improved and move along. ha
*e-dap*

Some good games tonight: Bulls-Pacers, GSW-Minny, Mavs-OKC and even PHX-Spurs.

And then there's the two teams currently in the lead for the Wiggins sweepstakes going head to head - Utah v. Boston.

to me... Klay's shooting stroke is picture perfect. His release point is higher than Steph's as well as more centered.

Steph's is great too, but to he has a tendency to be "flicker" and shoot from his forehead on occasion.

He distinctly alluded to the possibility of George sustaining that production. And I pointed out that that won't happen.
I'm bringing up a 100 game body of work and you're attempting to counter that by using a ridiculously small sample size of 4 games :lol:
So? If I'm trying to beat his team and I'm starting my franchise with a wing whose calling card is his defense then he better be able to keep Bron below 29 on 50% shooting. If he can't, then I need the best possible scorer, which is Harden in this comparison

When did I attempt to counter that? Go ahead, I'll wait. Maybe you should go ahead and check what Bron actually did in the series. He shot at or below 50% the entire series outside of one game. And he's the best player in the world what do you mean so? No one player is really slowing him down it takes the entire team, which has been pointed out to you yet you want to ignore. Since you want to do that explain why Bron shot over 50% one time? He got his numbers but in a less efficient manner than normal, sounds like being slowed down to me

Warriors vs. Timberwolves tonight......for the Championship belt!

Should be an entertaining game. I'm going to go GSW 118, MIN 110. Steph with 30 and 8, Klay with 25 and K-Love is going to have a 30-20 game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom