2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never take Duncan over Kobe

Never.

Don't care how much some of you despise him.

But I'd take TD over many others though.

Whoever says this knows ghee wrong

Kobe is much more dominant than timmy

Last edited:

If OKC can they should trade Westbrook and Ibaka and try to get Cousins and their #8 pick.

Just sayin..... 
...wait a second.

If you trade Westbrook for Cousins and somehow keep Ibaka that's a team to be reckoned with. You get Ibaka's defense and Cousin's dominant offense down low with KD's shooting/slashing. Then you don't have to pick and choose who scores on the perimeter and then surround that with shooters.

the difference between OKC and SA was evident in that last few minutes of the 4th and overtime. OKC only shoots jumpers and has no inside game whatsoever. You can't win in the playoffs or finals without inside scoring.

Last edited:
I guess I can give up hopes of a Cousins-Ibaka-Durant team up though now that I think about it because what would the Kings get out of that other than Westbrook out there alone?

As good of a record Scott Brooks has compiled (in large part due to being able to coach 2 superstars), I don't think OKC is ever winning a title with him as head coach.

[thread="593997"]Quote:[/thread]

If OKC can they should trade Westbrook and Ibaka and try to get Cousins and their #8 pick.

Just sayin..... 
...wait a second.

If you trade Westbrook for Cousins and somehow keep Ibaka that's a team to be reckoned with. You get Ibaka's defense and Cousin's dominant offense down low with KD's shooting/slashing. Then you don't have to pick and choose who scores on the perimeter and then surround that with shooters.

View media item 1001963

I can see Love getting in the mix along with Sac #8 pick.

It would take about 2 games for people to complain about Brooks not using Cousins effectively :lol:

As good of a record Scott Brooks has compiled (in large part due to being able to coach 2 superstars), I don't think OKC is ever winning a title with him as head coach.

We really played Derek Fisher 32 minutes. And they were toasting us with that 3 guard lineup in that was switching everything.

Duncan over Kobe Bean is a very hard sell. Not mad at it if some want to go that way though I doubt most would.

its not really that hard of a sell
granted 98% of nt lives in cali. but

career stats are pretty identical. 1 more MVP for duncan and 1 more ring for bean. duncan has all 4 as the man (idc if parker won 1 FMVP).

plus longevity they're about tied, but beans missed the last 2 playoffs while duncan is in the finals twice.

4× NBA champion (1999, 2003, 2005, 2007)
3× NBA Finals MVP (1999, 2003, 2005)
2× NBA Most Valuable Player (2002–2003)
14× NBA All-Star (1998, 2000–2011, 2013)
NBA All-Star Game MVP (2000)
10× All-NBA First Team (1998–2005, 2007, 2013)
3× All-NBA Second Team (2006, 2008–2009)
All-NBA Third Team (2010)
8× All-Defensive First Team (1999–2003, 2005, 2007–2008)
6× All-Defensive Second Team (1998, 2004, 2006, 2009–2010, 2013)
NBA Rookie of the Year (1998)
NBA All-Rookie First Team (1998)
NBA Shooting Stars champion (2008)
San Antonio Spurs all-time leading scorer
USA Basketball Male Athlete of the Year (2003)
Consensus National Player of the Year (1997)
2× Consensus first team All-American (1996–1997)
3× NABC Defensive Player of the Year (1995–1997)
2× ACC Player of the Year (1996–1997)
No. 21 retired by Wake Forest

VS

5× NBA champion (2000–2002, 2009–2010)
2× NBA Finals MVP (2009–2010)
NBA Most Valuable Player (2008)
16× NBA All-Star (1998, 2000–2014)
4× NBA All-Star Game MVP (2002, 2007, 2009, 2011)
11× All-NBA First Team (2002–2004, 2006–2013)
2× All-NBA Second Team (2000–2001)
2× All-NBA Third Team (1999, 2005)
9× NBA All-Defensive First Team (2000, 2003–2004, 2006–2011)
3× NBA All-Defensive Second Team (2001–2002, 2012)
NBA All-Rookie Second Team (1997)
NBA Slam Dunk Contest champion (1997)
2× NBA scoring champion (2006–2007)
Los Angeles Lakers all-time leading scorer
Naismith Prep Player of the Year (1996)

Not even getting into the specific players.. but given the choice between a great/HOF shooting guard and a great/HOF two-way big man... I would probably pick the big man.

Steve Kerr will be fired in 2/3 years
And then GS will move on to the next former player turned Analyst, Reggie Miller?

I guess I can give up hopes of a Cousins-Ibaka-Durant team up though now that I think about it because what would the Kings get out of that other than Westbrook out there alone?
**** that ****! 

if OKC wants to blow up the big 3 though they can give us Ibaka for the 8th pick and anyone they want not named DeMarcus.

Ibaka/Cousins front court 
pimp.gif

Not even getting into the specific players.. but given the choice between a great/HOF shooting guard and a great/HOF two-way big man... I would probably pick the big man.

Pretty much.

Plus, Kobe is an *******, :lol:

It's honestly a joke that he only won 3 w/ Shaq.

That duo should've won at least 5.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pretty much.

Plus, Kobe is an *******, :lol:

It's honestly a joke that he only won 3 w/ Shaq.

That duo should've won at least 5.

It's crazy to say they should of art least won 5 because that's a hell of a lot. It's even crazier that it's true, and they definitely could have.

Give me the 7 footer who puts up ~ 21 & 12 per 36 every damn year like clockwork for 17 years and has a far greater impact on D.

Love and DMC will be nice.

When was the last time we had 2 dominant Bigs in the league starting in the front court?

Been a long long longgggggg time...

Maybe they attract other players as well.

You can surround a prime duncan with just about anyone and it'll be 55 wins plus and a championship contender

If you did the same with Kobe, well it's a 1st round exit at best. You need more in this scenario to be a championship contender.

I love duncan, but that statement is absurd.

Love and DMC will be nice.

When was the last time we had 2 dominant Bigs in the league starting in the front court?

Been a long long longgggggg time...

Maybe they attract other players as well.
Doubt it will happen (although i heard Marc Spears from Yahoo Sports on the radio and he was making some solid points as to why the Kings are one of the best trade partners for the T-Wolves in this scenario)

If it did happen, the offense would be amazing but i would be worried about defense.

As well as the fact that he's probably gone after the season

And losing the number 8 pick kind of sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom