2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sterling makes a billion dollars ........ That'll show him! :smh:

Some people can't lose

True, but people who've been extremely wealthy for so long tend to value that power more than money. Even though he'll profit, being forced to give up that team definitely hurts him, especially with any future business ventures he may make. Its not like he's a young businessman in 2014 :lol:

So sterling makes a billion dollars ........ That'll show him!
mean.gif

Some people can't lose
True, but people who've been extremely wealthy for so long tend to value that power more than money. Even though he'll profit, being forced to give up that team definitely hurts him, especially with any future business ventures he may make. Its not like he's a young businessman in 2014
laugh.gif
where does power come from if not money?

any future business ventures?  son has 2bn to silently invest in anything

if anything this is just giving more power to make him even more of a racist

because dudes need something to ***** about first it was Bron winning now it's how he wins ***** childish and yet not one of em can give you a single example of a superstar doing it solo the way they insist LeBron should have

Never hear **** about the pistons trading to get sheed or miami trading for shaq or the lakers stealing pau like every team doesnt look for outside help

but nah Bron was supposed to sit around till 35 waiting on cleveland to build a real contender( you see the success they've had since he left he shouldve just stuck it out look where that team is now)

I could see if he forced his way out demanded a trade etc

dude waited 7 years and was a free agent

got damn get off his **** already

why dudes cant just appreciate great players is beyond me

Dude told his hometown to go **** themselves no departure no nun just a big **** you... Haha

"Hollywood as he'll"

Probably lil bit deep down still has love for cleveland and would like to do sum for his city there one day..
But he's definitely not stupid enough to say it publicly he's became smart and humbly keeps his mouth shut now

And to the dudes saying my team ain't **** haha

We are special we loyal we got heart we got fight and we got a team that soon is going to knock the **** out miami very soon THE RIGHT WAY remember it

View media item 999142

Special heart doesn't mean anything, sorry to burst your bubble.

Y'all got utterly destroyed by the Wizards, and the Wizards would have got swept by the Heat :lol:

Keep dreamin', man.

True, but people who've been extremely wealthy for so long tend to value that power more than money. Even though he'll profit, being forced to give up that team definitely hurts him, especially with any future business ventures he may make. Its not like he's a young businessman in 2014 :lol:

Naw bro, making close to 2 billion is winning for anybody. :lol:

The lease still matters even if the team is sold ?

If I OWN the team I can move where I want. People forget Sterling was fined for moving them to LA. People think Because it's LA they'll stay but we already know the city doesn't mean jack. Who would have thought the Rams would move to St Louis? St Louis over LA, Seattle over LA. Not that far a stretch. I'm sure if he paid 2 Billy for the team he can buy out of the lease.

Umm, you have to come up with valid reasons for moving the team like the team is losing money. You can't just move them like that anymore.

So sterling makes a billion dollars ........ That'll show him! :smh:

Some people can't lose

where does power come from if not money?

any future business ventures?  son has 2bn to silently invest in anything

if anything this is just giving more power to make him even more of a racist
Owning a sports franchise is probably one of the best investments you can make next to technology. The future potential earnings something like that brings along with it being a constant fixture to your portfolio adds to your image. That's power. Plus I'm not sure if you would consider a franchise a depreciating asset. The Clippers have only been good in recent years and yet they went for $2 Billion. Good in the short run but in the long run, keeping that constant earner in the family is a GREAT asset.

Yea we had to get Rodman for our first 3 peat like Miami grabbed ray to try.n get there 1st right? **** outta here

We grabbed rodman for our 2nd 3 peat he didn't come till 96'

Franco23x: my team overachieverd with dj Augustin this year take my team any day. My team plays to the beat of this city ain't nothing like it well be there soon no worries

Franco23x Go have lunch with lonely *** imlive365 so two lonely *** nut huggers don't got to eat alone yall love for eachother seems strong haha

Had to go get John Paxson & Bill Cartwright

not a real dynasty

the owners say they barely make a dime off sports franchises, but they are still able to flip it for a crazy amount

Owning a sports franchise is probably one of the best investments you can make next to technology. The future potential earnings something like that brings along with it being a constant fixture to your portfolio adds to your image. That's power. Plus I'm not sure if you would consider a franchise a depreciating asset. The Clippers have only been good in recent years and yet they went for $2 Billion. Good in the short run but in the long run, keeping that constant earner in the family is a GREAT asset.

I think the family will be just fine with ANOTHER 2 billion dollars. Y'all are reaching to make it look like a loss :lol:

Were the Nets losing money when they left? How did that move go down and what were the reasons behind the move? If you owned a team and couldn't move them then do you really own the team?

I think the family will be just fine with ANOTHER 2 billion dollars. Y'all are reaching to make it look like a loss :lol:
I didn't necessarily say its a loss. I'm just adding another view point. I would think as an investor you would want to hold on to your strongest asset as long as possible. There's a reason Sterling is or was putting up a fight.

Were the Nets losing money when they left? How did that move go down and what were the reasons behind the move? If you owned a team and couldn't move them then do you really own the team?
mgrand could probably answer that question, but I'm pretty sure they were.

I didn't necessarily say its a loss. I'm just adding another view point. I would think as an investor you would want to hold on to your strongest asset as long as possible. There's a reason Sterling is or was putting up a fight.
Sterling has been known to put up fights over a couple thousand dollars :lol:

He's an attorney, it's what he does.

Always wondered what the point of this pic was. Lebron is like 12-3 in the playoffs vs Chicago he has no problem playing them :lol:

quit making sense.

"But, but if we had D.Rose........."

"But we play tough"

& "My team plays to the beat of this city ain't nothing like it well be there soon no worries" whatever the hell that means :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom