2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
You scanned Kobe's Whole Career and came up with 4 Bad games i could point you to one series ('11 finals) where Lebron had 4 TERRIBLE games as in let Jason Terry average more than Him Terrible....

Or how about Quitting in ORL, in 08..... Or Quitting in Boston in 10.... Or getting Swept in 07.... or how about him & his team getting pumbled at home by 20 two games in a row,

But i can point to the Kobe who also completed a three peat, as the only good perimeter player on his team, i can allude to the Kobe who has hit numerous big shots during the end of games to give his teams win, or i could point towards the Kobe who won two with Pau Gasol & good role players, who also consistently beat the hell out of Greg Pop/ Tim Duncan PRIME spurs teams.

End of the day Lebron is building a legacy as someone who folds when the pressure is on him, Kobe is going to be known a guy who raised his game when the pressure came. So he could accumalate another 10 MVP's but as long as he keeps this mindset the wins won't be there.

But you know maybe having a fourth All Star on his team who's willing to takeover the offense when things are going bad will help him because lord knows that heat team has no talent :lol:.. you dudes kill me.

This was so damn stupid. I don't even...Yep. I'm out. You got it fam. Wow :lol: (sigh) Missed the entire point completely.

I sort of agree. But nobody in the east is sexy. The Knicks are such trash. I think CP3 helps alleviate a lot of west anxiety.

The only options I really see for lebron are miami and Cleveland. He can probably take the cavs to the finals. They have pieces....waiters, kyrie, #1 pick, varejao, jack, Thompson. Maybe Bennett can become something. They'd probably be able to get the coach of their choice at that point and will still have some cap room to add more pieces.

Only way I see the clippers making sense is if they can keep Blake and sort out this sterling situation.

I'm all for some LeBron thrashing but the pictures/memes have been pretty disappointing. Where are all the funny posters.

And yet he's on his way to a third Final Loss in which 2/3 he has been irrelevant
smokin.gif
. but you be cool how you be cool.
one rebound away from being 1-3 in the Finals and potentially 1-4 after this year 
sick.gif

*This is a random lil side bar, but when people say : "When they win it's 'LeBron carried the team, and when he loses it's 'he doesn't have enough help"

Well that's consistent logic lol. Having to carry a team in a win insinuates there was a lack of help :lol: . Nothing contradictory in that statement.

But anyway, LeBron gets so much of a pass. This could have very well be SA's 2nd straight title win....

From the moment the Heat became this Bron-Wade-Bosh led Heat, I stated that no matter how many chips won it wouldn't really matter to me. The degree of difficulty is just to low for a team constructed like that, and I don't care if it's simply on paper. On paper, these guys got together at relatively their primes give or take a season or two in either direction (just to dead any argument of HOF's or players PAST their prime joining forces). I know the long grind of an NBA season, but the collection of talent the Heat should have been enough to win 82 games.

Of course that sounds crazy due to what we've witnessed, but the '96 Bulls did it with far less talent it's not even comparable. And all of that is to say, LeBron is probably the GOAT talent/package. But I don't know he's thrown in there with the GOAT's in terms of body of work. Bron has 2 chips and has played with teams talented enough to lock up number one seeds of the league consecutively on plenty of occasions.

To even begin to think of using "he doesn't really have much help" on this team is grotesque.

You're seriously mad at the Heat for not winning 82 games... :lol: Some people are really delusional or just don't know that much about basketball.

In other news how has the East remained so bad over the Years? Even with all these lottery picks & all theyve been consistently stuck in mediocrity.

From the moment the Heat became this Bron-Wade-Bosh led Heat, I stated that no matter how many chips won it wouldn't really matter to me. The degree of difficulty is just to low for a team constructed like that, and I don't care if it's simply on paper. On paper, these guys got together at relatively their primes give or take a season or two in either direction (just to dead any argument of HOF's or players PAST their prime joining forces). I know the long grind of an NBA season, but the collection of talent the Heat should have been enough to win 82 games.

Let's go ahead and discredit everything Bird and Magic did in that case.

*This is a random lil side bar, but when people say : "When they win it's 'LeBron carried the team, and when he loses it's 'he doesn't have enough help"

Well that's consistent logic lol. Having to carry a team in a win insinuates there was a lack of help :lol: . Nothing contradictory in that statement.

But anyway, LeBron gets so much of a pass. This could have very well be SA's 2nd straight title win....

Of course that sounds crazy due to what we've witnessed, but the '96 Bulls did it with far less talent it's not even comparable. And all of that is to say, LeBron is probably the GOAT talent/package. But I don't know he's thrown in there with the GOAT's in terms of body of work. Bron has 2 chips and has played with teams talented enough to lock up number one seeds of the league consecutively on plenty of occasions.

To even begin to think of using "he doesn't really have much help" on this team is grotesque.

Bruh...you said the Heat should have won 82 games. Then compared them to the 96' bulls.

See, this the type of **** i'm talking about man :lol: :lol: like what are you trying to say? That because they didn't win 82 games and weren't as good as the 96' bulls that they were what? A Failure :lol: ?

Last edited:
In other news how has the East remained so bad over the Years? Even with all these lottery picks & all theyve been consistently stuck in mediocrity.

Injuries: rose, rondo,horford, amare, deron

The departure of Dwight Howard and doc rivers

Pacers' personal problems

Pistons thinking it was a good idea to sign Josh Smith and Jennings

Knicks underachieving

Tanking for this draft

Y'all just don't understand. The spurs are the better team. There not MISSING THERE SHOTS! LeBron cannot guard every single player and roatate and contest every shot.

the Game where he shot 6/24 but scored 10 of his points in the 4th quarter of a championship game, grabbed 15 boards & guarded the other teams best player?.... I wouldn't exactly call that disappearing.

What ya'll fail to understand is that i wouldn't Knock Lebron for having a Bad shooting night, My knock comes from him not even wanting to take the shots or attack when the game at it's most important times.

He could have 30, 5 & 5 but when it's in the fourth quarter and you need a guy to attack to either get a shot for himself, or get a better one for a teammate, 8/10 times he's not ATTEMPTING to do it. He'll get the ball dribble for a few seconds & launch a long three or just pass it to another teammate hoping he gets bailed out. Your the Best player on the floor.... ATTACK how difficult is that concept.

Hit or Miss the Defense is always going to be doubling/pressuring Kobe because they Know for a fact he's going to attempt to make that play.... where as in the last minutes of a game coaches want Lebron with the Ball because he consistently let's the defense off the hook by not forcing the issue. Coaches strategy to beat one of the Goats can't be to willingly get the Ball to Lebron and let him shoot.

Kobe disappeard the entire 2004 NBA Finals except 1 game.

Kobe flat out refused to shoot in 2006.

If you are going to gas up Kobe scoring 10 in the 4th of game 7 you logically have to give the Mad King shine for putting up 19 in the 3rd.

So y'all heard the news that Bron going back to Cleveland to play TE for Manziel's Browns?

Still going to bring a ring to Ohio. :pimp:

Y'all just don't understand. The spurs are the better team. There not MISSING THERE SHOTS! LeBron cannot guard every single player and roatate and contest every shot.

They've missed 46% of their shots so far. Heat just suckin defense and are giving up any and everything.

Did some quick research. The western conference 8th seed has had a better record than the eastern conference 8th seed for most of the years since the 90s. The west has had better teams for going on 2 decades.

Did some quick research. The western conference 8th seed has had a better record than the eastern conference 8th seed for most of the years since the 90s. The west has had better teams for going on 2 decades.

And yet that never comes into play with MJ, but it does when it comes to Lebron :lol: The east is far weaker now than it was then but the west has always been the far superior conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom