2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Lebron leaves, he's too protected here in Miami. You can't say anything bad about him.

Protected? What the hell does that mean.
lebron-james-takes-the-city-of-miami-running-in-new-nike-commercial.jpg

they do this in cleveland or nah?

Considering their has been One singular close game this isn't really the best of times to judge this opinion... But he was CLEARLY doing that in the last Finals and it worked to the spurs advantage until game 7 (Which should tell you something that one of the smartest coaches ever was still allowing for Lebron Iso's with the entire Series on the line) When Lebron hit two straight jumpers to win the game.

But throughout his career the approach by coaches in close games has been to give him the ball and force him to score on you, they are more preoccupied with him finding the open man, than them worried about him actually taking the shot because, rather than abusing his way around the court he'll dance with the Ball and shoot some awkward contested long 2/3 when their is absolutely no reason for him too do it.

ha, yall slandered KD (who is struggling to get his teammates to let him be the alpha) for putting up points in the playoffs and still having his team get washed....but Bron is protected from the slander. funny.

oh well, as long as the GOAT talks cease all the in-between is whatever. and KD got some new hardware for this season, so its all good
thunder got washed?

IF THE SPURS WIN, I'm taking a very very very slight bit of comfort that we were able to give them a good run with ibaka missing the first 2 games (and his injure on the whole).. and of course scott brooks' ineptitude

If you think pop's strategy is to let LeBron get the ball and shoot, you simply have no idea what you're talking about. The defense is structured around keeping LeBron as far away as possible, having 10 feet in the paint when he drives, and getting the ball out of his hands. How is that not clear as day?

lol, what? they are clearly trying to keep him from attacking the rim and let him shoot in spots he's "uncomfortable" shooting from primarily. This year and last.. The Heat's offense is built around him being the facilitator and getting guys looks, so how would Pop be trying to play to that? They're best when Bron is getting the ball to his teammates for wide open looks...predicated primarily off him attacking the rim. But the spurs are clogging the pant, and not letting Lebron's 1/1 attack/breakdown to the rim beat them and open up looks for other guys. they are (for the most part) ok with him shooting. They are not ok with him getting a hot hand though.

thunder got washed?

IF THE SPURS WIN, I'm taking a very very very slight bit of comfort that we were able to give them a good run with ibaka missing the first 2 games (and his injure on the whole).. and of course scott brooks' ineptitude

ehh...washed-ish :lol:

they obviously put up an A1 fight, but after Pop made adjustments (with no answer from Brooks), it was pretty much a wrap.

sterling would really really REALLY be screwing the clippers if he pulled something..

the team could literally offer him the ability to help them with the rebranding of the team.. give him say on the team name and jerseys, the whole 9

and I've heard quite a few places that cp is his best friend in the league.. he could get offered shares in Microsoft.. do movies

but not if the whole sterling thing is still lingering

the Game where he shot 6/24 but scored 10 of his points in the 4th quarter of a championship game, grabbed 15 boards & guarded the other teams best player?.... I wouldn't exactly call that disappearing.

soooooooo how do you criticize LBJ when he's basically doing the same thing with better stats? Oh wait...those stats are empty right?

What ya'll fail to understand is that i wouldn't Knock Lebron for having a Bad shooting night, My knock comes from him not even wanting to take the shots or attack when the game at it's most important times.

He could have 30, 5 & 5 but when it's in the fourth quarter and you need a guy to attack to either get a shot for himself, or get a better one for a teammate, 8/10 times he's not ATTEMPTING to do it. He'll get the ball dribble for a few seconds & launch a long three or just pass it to another teammate hoping he gets bailed out. Your the Best player on the floor.... ATTACK how difficult is that concept.

Hit or Miss the Defense is always going to be doubling/pressuring Kobe because they Know for a fact he's going to attempt to make that play.... where as in the last minutes of a game coaches want Lebron with the Ball because he consistently let's the defense off the hook by not forcing the issue. Coaches strategy to beat one of the Goats can't be to willingly get the Ball to Lebron and let him shoot.

Bro...quit trying to make him fit into your ideal of what a superstar is or should do. He ain't Kobe, he ain't Mike. This is him. 4 straight finals...2 chips..for anybody else that's a hall of fame career. Magic went to 9 finals and won 5. Anybody questioning his greatness? For Lebron it's Mike's got 6 and Kobe's got 5, Lebron needs to attack, Lebron needs to pass. I love MJ, I think he's the best ever period...hate Kobe but respect his ability. I like Lebron, but he's a different animal than any of those two.

^yall are running from the debate that has followed Lebron his entire career fams. This IS NOT NEW criticism, so the "after a loss" statement is a cop out. To the dude that just dropped his hardware, this man teamed up with two superstars in their prime with the best shooter in history as a role player. Bosh might not have been a superstar, but he was half a tier down. chill out with these ring arguments. can't go hide behind "the decision" then come out swinging with individual accomplishments when they get humbled. Bron is still a great, but he gonna have to eat the slander.

but then again, we already knew this would happen...Bron started that ish with the "Mount Rushmore" talks this year

I just don't understand what the argument is about. Are you guys saying Lebron is bunz cuz his team is getting demolished this series or is the argument yet again lebron v Kobe v MJ?

It really doesn't matter what he does though. He could get 30 in the first half, end the game with 45 & its his fault cuz he couldn't finish after carrying the team on his back all first half. And if he scores in the second half, then you say well where was that in the first half? I mean, that 3rd quarter, I felt bad for ol' boy, where was his team at? That was supposed to be their quarter to make things interesting. For all the great things Lebron does, he shouldn't be your #1 option at PG. Miami is just not that good, outside of James. And I'm not absolving 'bron, just saying 10 times out of 10, you will lose playing 1 v 5.

I don't think y'all are giving San Antonio enough credit. Miami's offense just can't keep up with SA's. It's a simple as that.

It's funny that Kobe can go 6/24 for 23 points and actually get PROPS. While Lebron can go 11/20 for 28 points and get hate... FROM THE SAME GUY :rofl:

You guys do understand that San Antonio has scored 107 or above in all of their wins right? Defense is the problem, not Lebron's offense. SA is just slicing up this Heat team.

I just don't understand what the argument is about. Are you guys saying Lebron is bunz cuz his team is getting demolished this series or is the argument yet again lebron v Kobe v MJ?

It really doesn't matter what he does though. He could get 30 in the first half, end the game with 45 & its his fault cuz he couldn't finish after carrying the team on his back all first half. And if he scores in the second half, then you say well where was that in the first half? I mean, that 3rd quarter, I felt bad for ol' boy, where was his team at? That was supposed to be their quarter to make things interesting. For all the great things Lebron does, he shouldn't be your #1 option at PG. Miami is just not that good, outside of James. And I'm not absolving 'bron, just saying 10 times out of 10, you will lose playing 1 v 5.

I don't think y'all are giving San Antonio enough credit. Miami's offense just can't keep up with SA's. It's a simple as that.

This si the **** that i will not allow man... How are you suddenly playing 1 on 5 when your team has been to three straight finals? He didn't have a guy scoring 20 5 & 5 on 50+% shooting, He didn't have prime Bosh, He didn't have the Best shooter EVER, along with knockdown shooters & good defensive role players this entire time?

When they win it's ALWAYS look at how Lebron carried these guys to wins, but now that their getting smacked he just doesn't have enough help give me a ******* break!! This TEAM has been a finals lock in the east since they came together now suddenly the team sucks? Lebron doesn't deserve blame it's all on his team now when their losing, but people love to boast about how he's so elite at this, elite at that, but has showed up one singular game so far

This si the **** that i will not allow man... How are you suddenly playing 1 on 5 when your team has been to three straight finals? He didn't have a guy scoring 20 5 & 5 on 50+% shooting, He didn't have prime Bosh, He didn't have the Best shooter EVER, along with knockdown shooters & good defensive role players this entire time?

When they win it's ALWAYS look at how Lebron carried these guys to wins, but now that their getting smacked he just doesn't have enough help give me a ******* break!! This TEAM has been a finals lock in the east since they came together now suddenly the team sucks? Lebron doesn't deserve blame it's all on his team now when their losing, but people love to boast about how he's so elite at this, elite at that, but has showed up one singular game so far

Well I mean...Is the team aside from Lebron not sucking right now :lol: :lol: ? I mean it's not an excuse, it's a fact. Look at wade, look at bosh, look at chalmers, man that team looks like straight bums against the spurs. It legit does look like 1 on 5. And

And when they win I mean, Lebron does carry them. Look what he does in their wins :lol: :lol: I don't even get your point.

Lebron is elite. He's one of the greatest already. He isn't Jordan. I mean..what exactly are you trying to prove?

It's funny that Kobe can go 6/24 for 23 points and actually get PROPS. While Lebron can go 11/20 for 28 points and get hate... FROM THE SAME GUY :rofl:

You guys do understand that San Antonio has scored 107 or above in all of their wins right? Defense is the problem, not Lebron's offense. SA is just slicing up this Heat team.

So you don't understand the difference between Having a bad shooting night and making big baskets in the final minutes of a title game vs scoring 19 in a quarter after your team is already down 27 and has no chance to win? You don't see the difference in winning a championship and being slaughtered on your home floor?

Is Lebron not the Best Defender in the league according to many? Why then is he not getting blame for his lackluster defense also, he was put on TP to stop him from getting to the lane = Result TP gets into the lane at will..... He switched back to Kawhi = Result Kawhi is making shots, finishing with contact and coming to the boards untouched and keeping possessions alive.

Your telling me that Lebron is having good games, because he's scoring during meaningless points of the game, outside of game two 90% of his points have come when his team was down 15-20... but it's okay in the future the stats will look nice and people will say "welp couldn't be his fault" unfortunately for you we are all witnesses to the REAL game.

if Lebron was a lethal, dominant, scorer...consistently, like through all 4 quarters of a game, all series....I think that alone would make the Spurs offense less effective. When he goes to the post/midrange area and commands what he wants scoring wise, it slows the game down. S/O to MJ and his high post turnaround jumper. and Kobe and his "get to a spot", shoot over all 5 guys contesting....s/o to them both doing such, ALL GAME LONG

also, as someone already mentioned, his defense has been :x

Well I mean...Is the team aside from Lebron not sucking right now :lol: :lol: ? I mean it's not an excuse, it's a fact. Look at wade, look at bosh, look at chalmers, man that team looks like straight bums against the spurs. It legit does look like 1 on 5. And

And when they win I mean, Lebron does carry them. Look what he does in their wins :lol: :lol: I don't even get your point.

Lebron is elite. He's one of the greatest already. He isn't Jordan. I mean..what exactly are you trying to prove?

:smh: Now The heat team that he proclaimed HIMSELF was good enough to win 6-8 titles just doesn't have enough talent to win without him having a excellent game. :rofl:

He's great absolutely he's Not Jordan, He's Not Kobe, He's not Magic, He's not Bird, He's not Kareem, etc etc he's not top 5, not top 10 THAT IS MY POINT. This will be two finals where he has had Bad performances and disappeared from the games (I'm not going to count the first time he got swept because he really didn't have a team). However those guys that people were trying to box him in with, They really stepped up when their teams needed too not when they were already down 20 +.

So you don't understand the difference between Having a bad shooting night and making big baskets in the final minutes of a title game vs scoring 19 in a quarter after your team is already down 27 and has no chance to win? You don't see the difference in winning a championship and being slaughtered on your home floor?

Is Lebron not the Best Defender in the league according to many? Why then is he not getting blame for his lackluster defense also, he was put on TP to stop him from getting to the lane = Result TP gets into the lane at will..... He switched back to Kawhi = Result Kawhi is making shots, finishing with contact and coming to the boards untouched and keeping possessions alive.

Your telling me that Lebron is having good games, because he's scoring during meaningless points of the game, outside of game two 90% of his points have come when his team was down 15-20... but it's okay in the future the stats will look nice and people will say "welp couldn't be his fault" unfortunately for you we are all witnesses to the REAL game.

The difference is LBJ is scoring 30 and these games still aren't even close. Kobe misses 18 shots and his team still wins and puts him in the position to make big baskets in the final minutes. Imagine what the score would be if Lebron shot 20% from the field and missed 18 shots.

LBJ's defense slipped this year but he's still a good defender. The ball movement and precision the Spurs are playing with requires FIVE people to guard effectively. Right now, outside of LBJ in spurts and Bosh/Birdman - that's not happening.

:smh: Now The heat team that he proclaimed HIMSELF was good enough to win 6-8 titles just doesn't have enough talent to win without him having a excellent game. :rofl:

He's great absolutely he's Not Jordan, He's Not Kobe, He's not Magic, He's not Bird, He's not Kareem, etc etc he's not top 5, not top 10 THAT IS MY POINT. This will be two finals where he has had Bad performances and disappeared from the games (I'm not going to count the first time he got swept because he really didn't have a team). However those guys that people were trying to box him in with, They really stepped up when their teams needed too not when they were already down 20 +.

1) I don't think when they made that declaration that they intended to win those rings with Wade's knees going to straight dust. Also, going to four straight finals and winning it all is hard business. **** happens man.

2) He isn't Jordan. But Kobe? Come on man. The same Kobe who shot his team out of the 04' finals? The Same Kobe who quit on LA in game 7 after giving up a 3-1 lead? The Same Kobe who, along with the rest of the Lakers gave up a 24 point lead in game 5 in the 08 finals? The same Kobe who got swept by Dallas in 2011? I mean what are we really talking about here? He's absolutely every bit as good as Magic, and Bird...and that's coming from their mouths. Bird lost in the finals. Magic lost four times in the finals...and he had an all star cast. Lebron has a 31 per in this finals so far. I mean, like I said what are we really talking about here? Magic single-handidly cost the lakers ultimately in 84' with what he did in the finals. I don't remember Magic ever trying to guard Jordan seriously in 91'. I don't think Magic was guarding Larry in those finals either. Again, what are we talking about here.

He isn't Jordan, but those other guys you mentioned? Like it or not he's right there.

1) I don't think when they made that declaration that they intended to win those rings with Wade's knees going to straight dust. Also, going to four straight finals and winning it all is hard business. **** happens man.

2) He isn't Jordan. But Kobe? Come on man. The same Kobe who shot his team out of the 04' finals? The Same Kobe who quit on LA in game 7 after giving up a 3-1 lead? The Same Kobe who, along with the rest of the Lakers gave up a 24 point lead in game 5 in the 08 finals? The same Kobe who got swept by Dallas in 2011? I mean what are we really talking about here? He's absolutely every bit as good as Magic, and Bird...and that's coming from their mouths. Bird lost in the finals. Magic lost four times in the finals...and he had an all star cast. Lebron has a 31 per in this finals so far. I mean, like I said what are we really talking about here? Magic single-handidly cost the lakers ultimately in 84' with what he did in the finals. I don't remember Magic ever trying to guard Jordan seriously in 91'. I don't think Magic was guarding Larry in those finals either. Again, what are we talking about here.

He isn't Jordan, but those other guys you mentioned? Like it or not he's right there.

You scanned Kobe's Whole Career and came up with 4 Bad games i could point you to one series ('11 finals) where Lebron had 4 TERRIBLE games as in let Jason Terry average more than Him Terrible....

Or how about Quitting in ORL, in 08..... Or Quitting in Boston in 10.... Or getting Swept in 07.... or how about him & his team getting pumbled at home by 20 two games in a row,

But i can point to the Kobe who also completed a three peat, as the only good perimeter player on his team, i can allude to the Kobe who has hit numerous big shots during the end of games to give his teams win, or i could point towards the Kobe who won two with Pau Gasol & good role players, who also consistently beat the hell out of Greg Pop/ Tim Duncan PRIME spurs teams.

End of the day Lebron is building a legacy as someone who folds when the pressure is on him, Kobe is going to be known a guy who raised his game when the pressure came. So he could accumalate another 10 MVP's but as long as he keeps this mindset the wins won't be there.

But you know maybe having a fourth All Star on his team who's willing to takeover the offense when things are going bad will help him because lord knows that heat team has no talent :lol:.. you dudes kill me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom