2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as i don't even like the idea of them teaming up i would be FURIOUS if the players union tried to fight it, you can't stop players from going where they want to go considering they are literally giving up millions to do so.

Also what is a PG gonna do on the heat that Lebron/Wade don't already do they have no need for a PG they need a shooter and Mario chalmers is usually that for them, And in the east their really is no need for a Big at this point.. who can't they guard Al Horford? Roy Hibbert? Tyson Chandler? Noah? there isn't an assortment of Big men in their way to really put them at a disadvantage. In the West assuming the Spurs win the only contenders as of now would be Clippers, OKC, Maybe Houston depending on who they pick up... The Clips/Rockets may have an advantage in bigs but they would get feasted on playign Defense a heat squad with Melo.

The Heat have an issue with defending PGs, especially fast ones, hence the reason LeBron ends up guarding guys like Parker, Rose, etc in the 4th quarter of important games. They definitely need to upgrade that position along with finding a big man that will allow Bosh to go back to his PF position.

The Heat are a few wins away from 3 in a row and dudes talking about "issues." Lol. Stop. Melo and Bosh would be getting wide open kick outs alllllllll day long in Miami. I also love how people think it's an issue for players to take less. You know damn well Wade will never play a full season rest of his career. Homie gets $14M to play a 1/2 the season. 4 all stars means any given night two of those dudes can coast or take the night off entirely. That's a STRESS FREE and fun $12M or whatever they all agree to take.

Last edited:
Honestly with Melo there Lebron would be able to expend most of his energy on the Defensive end, & regardless of what the media may try and say Melo is a very capable Defender.

Also Lebron Defends guys like Rose, Parker not because they are quick he's defending them because those guys are PG's who NO OTHER pg could usually guard/ Their is no dominate wing players that he has to account for.

Honestly i can't think of one team in the NBA setup as is would have an advantage over MIA with Melo, The only teams who have Dominate Big Men Are in The West & Only two are legitimate contenders next year (Assuming Duncan Retires this year). And with that said Both of those teams have TERRIBLE wing Defenders, who would die a slow death trying to guard a combo of Melo/Lebron

The Heat are a few wins away from 3 in a row and dudes talking about "issues." Lol. Stop. Melo and Bosh would be getting wide open kick outs alllllllll day long in Miami. I also love how people think it's an issue for players to take less. You know damn well Wade will never play a full season rest of his career. Homie gets $14M to play a 1/2 the season. 4 all stars means any given night two of those dudes can coast or take the night off entirely. That's a STRESS FREE and fun $12M or whatever they all agree to take.

Did I say those issues were stopping them from winning 3 in a row? I didn't think so. What I was saying was in reference to them maintaining their position IF they only bring the big 3 next season.

Honestly with Melo there Lebron would be able to expend most of his energy on the Defensive end, & regardless of what the media may try and say Melo is a very capable Defender.

Also Lebron Defends guys like Rose, Parker not because they are quick he's defending them because those guys are PG's who NO OTHER pg could usually guard/ Their is no dominate wing players that he has to account for.

Honestly i can't think of one team in the NBA setup as is would have an advantage over MIA with Melo, The only teams who have Dominate Big Men Are in The West & Only two are legitimate contenders next year (Assuming Duncan Retires this year). And with that said Both of those teams have TERRIBLE wing Defenders, who would die a slow death trying to guard a combo of Melo/Lebron

You're making it seem like teams in the West aren't going to try and improve certain areas via draft, free agency, and trades. I think it's too early to assume there are only two legit contenders in the West.

As much as i don't even like the idea of them teaming up i would be FURIOUS if the players union tried to fight it, you can't stop players from going where they want to go considering they are literally giving up millions to do so.

Also what is a PG gonna do on the heat that Lebron/Wade don't already do they have no need for a PG they need a shooter and Mario chalmers is usually that for them, And in the east their really is no need for a Big at this point.. who can't they guard Al Horford? Roy Hibbert? Tyson Chandler? Noah? there isn't an assortment of Big men in their way to really put them at a disadvantage. In the West assuming the Spurs win the only contenders as of now would be Clippers, OKC, Maybe Houston depending on who they pick up... The Clips/Rockets may have an advantage in bigs but they would get feasted on playign Defense a heat squad with Melo.

The players association's biggest responsibility is to make sure players get the absolute most for their value, ie every single penny from owners they can. The kind of pay cuts that are being discussed here would absolutely cause problems.

^ Really? I mean, I know that, but what can they do?

If Bron wanted to sign to... whoever... for $1mil, what can they do?

"No! We demand you take $20mil!!!"

?

(not being sarcastic. srs question)

The players association's biggest responsibility is to make sure players get the absolute most for their value, ie every single penny from owners they can. The kind of pay cuts that are being discussed here would absolutely cause problems.

Could have surely fooled me by the latest Collective Bargaining Agreement

^ Really? I mean, I know that, but what can they do?

If Bron wanted to sign to... whoever... for $1mil, what can they do?

"No! We demand you take $20mil!!!"

?

(not being sarcastic. srs question)

Probably nothing :lol:

I know when TO signed with the eagles, the players association was against his deal..which he ended up holding out of training camp demanding renegotiation only a season later for :rofl:

Only sort of NBA related, but

Next Impulse Sports ‏@NextImpulse · 7m
Steve Nash Is Very “Excited” To Be In Brazil For The World Cup
http://nimpul.se/1ud7qMy pic.twitter.com/9ic9giIDKz

Nashie
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'll say Wade should take the least amount of money out all of them.

Lebron, Bosh and Melo should make about the same. Sign Pau for cheap.

Lebron, Wade, Melo, Bosh, Pau

:rofl:

They could probably get Jordan Hill for a reasonable price. He's the perfect energy guy/rebounding/defensive big man they need.

People still believe in Pau huh :lol:? May as well wait on J-Kwon to go platinum in 2014.

Ummmmmm can I sign the petition to give dbd a day if the spurs win.. Literally he gets 24 hours as soon as the clock runs out on the game

Would be epic

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom