2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melo to the Heat?
laugh.gif
wow
at this rate might as well just take the West All-Star team and the East All-Star team and get rid of the rest of the NBA

melo to the heat? :lol:

at this rate, MIA might as well add Cristiano Ronaldo to the roster, just for the hell of it. world wide jersey sales would negate his salary and any luxury taxes.

He was then asked about the future of the Timberwolves, and used the word "they" to describe them. "If they're healthy they can do a lot of damage," Love said. "With Flip as the coach -- kinda been there, done that, in the Eastern Conference and in the Western Conference, having seen and really played all sides in the basketball world, I think he's going to do a great job. " 

Love sounds like he's already got his bags packed :lol:  
It's not quite Dwight Howard during his last days in Orlando, but it's getting there.

you know melo to the heat is actually somewhat sensible if your thinking in terms we want to keep winning right now with LeBron in his prime and/or possibly go for another 3 peat if they took a year to work the chemistry of Melo into the lineup.

This only makes sense if wade drops to a off the bench player, because really how long can he stay healthy enough to play full seasons and playoffs?

at least thats what im thinking when I heard about this.

In a recent example, while James was leading the Heat to a victory over the Indiana Pacers in the Eastern Conference finals, sources say the 29-year-old was finalizing what is believed to be the biggest equity cash payout for a professional athlete in history as part of Apple's recent $3 billion purchase of Beats Electronics. Sources briefed on the situation say James realized a profit of more than $30 million in cash and stock in the Beats sale after he had struck a deal to get a small stake in the company at its inception in 2008 in exchange for promoting its high-end headphones.

Lebron about to make 3 million from the Heat next year. :lol: No sweat off his back.

It's just interesting how when Riley was with NY, he couldnt beat Phil when he was in Chicago basically because he had the best player.

Now it's almost a reverse situation, Riley could possibly get the best of Phil basically because he now has the best player :lol:

:smh:

If Melo signs with Miami and they keep the rest of the "Big 3" I'm not even going to bother watching much NBA next season.

I just can't see the owners allowing this to happen, regardless if Melo is a free agent or not.

Last edited:
Where else could melo go where he could win championships immediately? Nowhere. Not Houston, not Dallas, not Chicago. Definitely not in NY. Waist more time hoping your team is going to hit the jackpot in free agency while Leonardo from the ninja turtles is coaching your squad? I don't think so. I understand why fans would be upset but if wanting to win championships to secure your legacy as a basketball great is selfish and cheap, then I'm sure Carmelo can live with that.

By the way it should be impossible for the league or owners to block this kind of move. They're all FREE agents, not ENSLAVED agents. I should mention though that it was complete BS for the league to block the CP to LA trade

Last edited:
But it's not like he (LeBron) is getting money under the table from the Heat. In this case, everyone knows he's getting paid from the Beats deal, which is his own business venture.

In all honesty what in the Hell would you do against that team :smh:..... I mean Melo would be forced to be guarded 1 on 1 vs the second best defender on the team :x these dudes would put up about 130 a game.

melo joining the heat isnt a guarantee of anything.. plus they would have to figure out a way to make it work.. but just a remainder, we have had the following:

LA got malone and payton to go along with shaq and kobe

LA got dwight and nash to go along with pau and kobe

miami got lebron and bosh (yes, they went on to win.. but they lost to the mavs that 1st season)

all 3 times people were calling the subsequent seasons pointless and that the inevitable result would be the crowning of those teams

melo joining the heat isnt a guarantee of anything.. plus they would have to figure out a way to make it work.. but just a remainder, we have had the following:

LA got malone and payton to go along with shaq and kobe

LA got dwight and nash to go along with pau and kobe

all 3 times people were calling the subsequent seasons pointless and that the inevitable result would be the crowning of those teams

Karl and Payton were both over the hill

and so was Nash

I heard about heat targeting melo this offseason on the radio this morning and just laughed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom