2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who says no to a Westbrook for Love trade? Straight up?

Minnesota gets Westbrook for AT LEAST 3 years. OKC gets their post presence and a guy that won't "limit" Durant like everyone says. OKC can then extend Reggie Jackson.

Jackson
Lamb
Durant
Love
Ibaka

I'm sure Russy would be pissed to be in Minnesota, but maybe Kahn can put more talent around him. Start Rubio next to Russy and make something work. :lol: The whole point of the trade is both teams would get back great value. Maybe move Rubio in another deal if they want Russ playing PG.

Last edited:
NBA All Defensive First Team
G Chris Paul
G Paul George
F Andre Igoudala
F Serge Ibaka
C Joakim Noah

NBA All Defensive Second Team
G Pat Beverly
G Jimmy Butler
F LeBron James
F Kawhi Leonard
C Roy Hibbert

:smh:

How does Chris Paul continue to make the team? I don't even care that Tony Allen didn't make it, but damn there has got to be another guard out there defending better than Paul.

Beverley should be on the 1st team. TA should have made it out cp3 and probably Avery Bradley but maybe he regressed this year idk since I haven't watched much of him this year.

Who says no to a Westbrook for Love trade? Straight up?

Minnesota gets Westbrook for AT LEAST 3 years. OKC gets their post presence and a guy that won't "limit" Durant like everyone says. OKC can then extend Reggie Jackson.

Jackson
Lamb
Durant
Love
Ibaka

I'm sure Russy would be pissed to be in Minnesota, but maybe Kahn can put more talent around him. Start Rubio next to Russy and make something work.
laugh.gif
The whole point of the trade is both teams would get back great value. Maybe move Rubio in another deal if they want Russ playing PG.
LMAO!!!!

good lord man.

klay thompson didnt get on second team? :smh:

cp gonna get that derek jeter treatment

Last edited:
KD just has wayyyyy to high expectations. Dudes always want more from him despite him putting up 30-7-5

He had 2 bad games in the playoffs and 17 really good ones.

Well when you're the MVP of the league what's supposed to be the expectations? It's not even the numbers even though they took a dip. LeBron and Kobe got killed every year on here when he didn't get it done, why should he be any different?

For the playoffs he went 30/8/4 on 45% shooting and 35% on 3 after going 32/7/6 for on 50% shooting and 39% from 3 in the regular season. It's more so his demeanor and demonstrativeness during so many of these playoff games. Clearly too many times he was disengaged which won't show up in the box score. It wasn't like he wasn't getting shot attempts he averaged 21 in the regular season and 22 in the playoffs so the touches were there, he wasn't nearly as efficient as he was.

Russ avg 22/7/6 in the regular season on 44% shooting and 32% from 3 and in the playoffs went 27/8/7 on 42% shooting and 28% from 3. Russ's shot attemps went up about 4 a game from the regular season, but so did his minutes drastically.

Yea i didnt like his demeanor either, seemed like he didnt have that killer instinct he showed in the regular season. On the other hand, Russ stepped up his play, and also his stupidity. Choose your poison :lol:

Durant had 2 bad games in the playoffs? He had like 3 or 4 in the Memphis series alone :lol: He definitely had about 2 in the Spurs series and I know there's one game in the Clippers series that was terrible. He went like 5-20 or something like that.

And let's not forget...he may have shot better from the field in those other games that were not considered bad, but how many costly turnovers did he make? He had 13 turnovers combined in Game 1 and Game 6 against the Spurs (two games where his shot was falling). The game he scored 40 against the Clippers? 8 turnovers and they lost by two points. So, on top of the 6 games where he shot terrible from the field, you could probably add 3 more games due to his costly turnovers.

9 out of 19 games. If someone told you that the MVP of the league played great for a little over 50% of the playoffs, what would your opinion of him be? Not even thinking about who the player is.

The Westbrook for Love deal was just fantasy. :lol: I mean, no team still says no in that deal.

Last edited:
TA only played 55 games (1278 total mins), which hurts his case. The again, CP only played 62 games (2171 total minutes) himself.

NBA All Defensive First Team
G Chris Paul
G Paul George
F Andre Igoudala
F Serge Ibaka
C Joakim Noah

NBA All Defensive Second Team
G Pat Beverly
G Jimmy Butler
F LeBron James
F Kawhi Leonard
C Roy Hibbert

mean.gif
Somewhere Tony Allen rages

As much as I do blame lebron for 90% of his losses, you cant blame him for some of those losses in cle, specifically in the orlando series where he put up ridiculous numbers and got dropped in 5 (could be 6 idr)

Okc was claerly outmatched from game 1 and it showed throughout.
Outmatched yes, but they did have the two best players in the series sometimes having the best player is enough. If Durant played to his best abilities they can win that series

No man lol. They lost 3 games by 20+ (Im pretty sure) he coudla dropped 40 a night on 50% and they still lose that series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom