2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
so yall still dont think Scott Brooks' system caters more to Westbrook's style of play?

and yall think Russ seeing the same amount of attention as KD on a nightly basis?

I mean, the spurs put Kawhi on Russ and let Manu and Danny green rotate on KD. That seems like a lot more attention.
Danny strapped him up for long stretches, it was frustrating to watch because there's no reason these dudes couldn't handle a Tony Parker-less Spurs.

I mean, the spurs put Kawhi on Russ and let Manu and Danny green rotate on KD. That seems like a lot more attention.
Danny strapped him up for long stretches, it was frustrating to watch because there's no reason these dudes couldn't handle a Tony Parker-less Spurs.

dirk eventually learned to punish guys that were smaller. i think kd will as well. he needs to get in the weight room

dirk eventually learned to punish guys that were smaller. i think kd will as well. he needs to get in the weight room
The similarities to Dirk are actually fascinating. I will say KD has better defense however. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up with similar careers(late championship, decent scorer in late age).

EVERY player that's considered the best on their team has been blamed for their team losing in the playoffs. What makes Durant different? I don't know any other player on a championship contending team the last 20 years that was excused for his team losing in the playoffs.

Every single series OKC played, Durant was the best player on the floor. Westbrook was the 2nd best player on the floor in all 3 series as well (he out played Paul in the 2nd round). Scott Brooks deserves some blame as well, but the reality is that Durant had a lot of errors in each series. As the best player on the court, you have to be better than that (especially when your coach is stupid). Maybe with a good coach, all of those errors would still result in W's and another NBA Finals appearance, but the reality is that he doesn't have that. Limit your mistakes, come out with the same fire you did in Game 6 against Memphis on a consistent basis. Speak up, be aggressive, stop settling....you are a superstar.

Last edited:
A talented cancer? Really? Man I swear I want russ traded so bad

me too, so yall can see how slaw he looks offensively as a score first point guard against a defense game planned to stop him. (without the luxury of feasting off all the attention KD sees) i would trip balls if he somehow started playing like more of a PG though if he/KD were to ever break up :lol:

but they won't ever break up, and this silly debate will go on forever. *tear

i think this is all it comes down to with CP3, Danny, TA, etc..... if KD wants to thrive in this system with these teammates he's going to have to go hard on the weights. If they would let him facilitate on the perimeter like 1st half of the season, it wouldnt be as necessary....

but they won't, so it is

EVERY player that's considered the best on their team has been blamed for their team losing in the playoffs. What makes Durant different?

i agree. let me go on record saying Durant absolutely disappointed, but dudes are crossing a fine line with the crowning of Russ. his motor is unmatched, and i think people fall in love with the aggressiveness and effort he displays every night. it's hard not to, but at some point, he has to delineate when he is actually hurting the big picture...and i think he has been holding them back offensively for a while because of that in particular.

But Lebby gets to Diddy bop into the Finals every year because of this weak *** Eastern Conference.

Imagine if it were the New Mexico Heat and they had to play against GW, Clips, Grizz, Mavs, Thunder, Spurs?

Lebby is one of the luckiest players in history - Deadeye shooters surrounding him + Terribly weak Eastern Conference (Bobcats? Nets? Rose-less Bulls? Raptors?)
What western conference team plays all those teams in the playoffs. The mavs were nothing special this year don't boost them up, if Miami played them that would be a 5 game series. That wouldn't have to play both the thunder and spurs and the clippers all In one postseason. Miami would most likely beat the trailblazers in 5-6 also, only team that would give them trouble the spurs have played is OKC.

View media item 1004314
The way he fell over I felt bad

KD needs to hit the weightroom like your boy lebron did

Lebron added another person to his body compared to his 1st yr in miami

Also Kd too nice and nice guys finish last

Russ can be mvp on another squad in okc it will never happen... He should request a trade to Houston for amare ask and lin

Russ parsons.harden Dwight

Would be nice

Last edited:

one person doesn't dictate attention. when the spurs have kwahi on KD, its Kwahi, plus help defense from every angle.

when the spurs have kwahi on RWB, its to slow down the hot hand, and they let him play straight up. and RWB is not a good cover for kwahi in iso considering how quick he is....but a good cover in pick n roll....RWB stopped pulling up with Kwahi following him around on pick n roll plays.

so in that scenario his first read is gone (immediate pull up), and the ball rotation becomes super slaw when he's going to his 2nd/3rd reads. dude was putting the ball at serge's feet, not looking to kick it to the wings really, or sacrifice the hockey assist. its not all his fault either. even though you can do all the aforementioned in a free flow form of offense like the thunder have....it'd make it a lot better with a robust offense with multiple options (spurs, heat, etc)

Last edited:
me too, so yall can see how slaw he looks offensively as a score first point guard against a defense game planned to stop him. (without the luxury of feasting off all the attention KD sees) i would trip balls if he somehow started playing like more of a PG though if he/KD were to ever break up :lol:

but they won't ever break up, and this silly debate will go on forever. *tear

So KD doesn't have the luxury of benefiting from the attention KD sees, huh? Russ didn't just put up 34, 8, 7, and 6 in Game 6 and making 2 FTs to even get the game to overtime after KD turned the ball over by falling down the play before. Never mind the fact that Russ averaged 27, 8 and 7 this postseason. KD isn't secure enough with the ball to be a primary handler like LBJ does for Miami against great teams that play defense. He had 7 turnovers as well most during that crucial stretch in the 3rd where the Spurs took control of the game.

Russell is a bonafide top 5 player in the league without question offensively and defensively, it's incumbent on the MVP of the league to look inward on himself and take that next step, Russ wants it bad, and it sometimes results in crazy plays, but more often than not the good far outweighs the bad with him. Jury is still out on KD with his inexplicable disappearing acts in these playoffs.

So KD doesn't have the luxury of benefiting from the attention KD sees, huh?

you mean does KD have the luxury of benefiting from Russ attention? .....NO. teams do not give him the same attention. its not even close

KD isn't secure enough with the ball to be a primary handler like LBJ does for Miami against great teams that play defense. He had 7 turnovers as well most during that crucial stretch in the 3rd where the Spurs took control of the game.

someone needs to dust off the tape of his first half. and also dust off the tape of him chopping up Bron on the road. and the post game tape with Bron mentioning "yall are new to his handles, i already knew he had them"

Russell is a bonafide top 5 player in the league without question offensively

:lol:, i guess i can understand the rest of your sentiments now with that statement.

you mean does KD have the luxury of benefiting from Russ attention? .....NO. teams do not give him the same attention. its not even close
someone needs to dust off the tape of his first half. and also dust off the tape of him chopping up Bron on the road. and the post game tape with Bron mentioning "yall are new to his handles, i already knew he had them"
:lol:, i guess i can understand the rest of your sentiments now with that statement.

They don't give him the same attention, but to say KD doesn't benefit from Russ's constant attacking mentality and penetration getting him open looks is just flat out false. We know Reggie Jax isn't passing him the ball 90% of the time so how exactly pray tell is KD getting a lot of those wide open looks when he's not the one handling the ball? Teams may be more inclined to let Russ shoot because he's not as efficient, but trust he gets plenty of attention and game planning from any and all of the elite teams.

So KD's 2nd half and 3rd quarter in particular of Game 6 is erased. Time and again these playoffs he's let smaller guys lock him up, not off double teams or triple teams, individually Tony Allen, Chris Paul for a game and Danny Green have been able to push him off the block, strip him, or KD himself be disengaged by just standing in the corner. They took Kawhi off Russ because he was killing them and put Danny freaking Green on the MVP, how is that not attention bruh?

Name me 5 guys better as an offensive/defensive package than Russell Westbrook?

Last edited:
I agree Russ had the better playoffs, or more impactful. KD still floats and disappears and his defense was flat deplorable, especially this San Antonio series. And then when he makes mistakes like turning the ball over or falling down for no reason on a clutch possession or continually being made DG's ***** he just puts his head down and sulks back on D. He needs to drink a pint of Westbrook's blood. The whole beta mentality thing was never more apparent than the Spurs series
Russ was better than KD in the playoffs. My god that really pisses me off when KD does this, I was screaming at the TV the whole time when KD sulks back on D. KD had a horrible series defensively against the Spurs by over helping and letting countless of open 3's rain which starts the Spurs run. the 3rd quarter where I thought KD was going to kill DG he kept turning it over and over
mean.gif
. KD just needs to get a little tougher and more aggressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom