2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the Classic Sports channel 1987 finals between the Lakers vs Celtics. We shouldn't compare any 1990 and below era players to the players of today. Half of them don't even dribble with the left hand or play defense. Honestly I think the bucks from this year could beat half of the teams I seen between the 82-87 finals. I just watched 30 mins of Celtic guards dribble all the way to the right side of the hoop to avoid a left handed layup. The talk of Bird being better than Lebron is disgusting when you watch a full game and not highlights.

Russy in the Clippers series > anything Durant did this postseason.

OKC is Russy's team. Point. Blank. Period. Let me know when Durant decides to not be passive and stop putting his head down when something doesn't go his way. I'm not saying Russy is a better player, but its definitely his team. He's the alpha dog.

Larry could come in today's nba and make a difference though

Just saying bird was diffrent
Not no irrelevant old school guy
He could put.up numbers in today's game

I agree Russ had the better playoffs, or more impactful. KD still floats and disappears and his defense was flat deplorable, especially this San Antonio series. And then when he makes mistakes like turning the ball over or falling down for no reason on a clutch possession or continually being made DG's ***** he just puts his head down and sulks back on D. He needs to drink a pint of Westbrook's blood. The whole beta mentality thing was never more apparent than the Spurs series

Yeah. The MVP of the league and a guy who is supposedly competing for the title of best player shouldn't just be "out there" during long stretches of playoff games. But Durant definitely was that this post-season.

Russy in the Clippers series > anything Durant did this postseason.

OKC is Russy's team. Point. Blank. Period. Let me know when Durant decides to not be passive and stop putting his head down when something doesn't go his way. I'm not saying Russy is a better player, but its definitely his team. He's the alpha dog.

and this is basically why OKC won't ever be great. you'd have thought Russ didn't watch any film or attend the games when he was hurt the first half of this season and KD was facilitating out of this world. dude is seriously a very talented cancer.

i wonder what the Heat would look like if Dwade held on to the "im the alpha" mantra when Bron/Bosh teamed up. or if Bosh even tried to be the alpha :lol:

But Lebby gets to Diddy bop into the Finals every year because of this weak *** Eastern Conference.

Imagine if it were the New Mexico Heat and they had to play against GW, Clips, Grizz, Mavs, Thunder, Spurs?

Lebby is one of the luckiest players in history - Deadeye shooters surrounding him + Terribly weak Eastern Conference (Bobcats? Nets? Rose-less Bulls? Raptors?)

and this is basically why OKC won't ever be great. you'd have thought Russ didn't watch any film or attend the games when he was hurt the first half of this season and KD was facilitating out of this world. dude is seriously a very talented cancer.

You're comparing the playoffs to the reg season & how was kd's facilitating last year against memphis?

Yall are really talking like kd has a bad post season, like he didnt average 30 and 9. Blame brooks for him being gassed at the end of the game. He had 52 minutes in game 6 :x

"Lebby" seriously sounds like something you would call a grandmother; not an NBA superstar.

Yall are really talking like kd has a bad post season, like he didnt average 30 and 9. Blame brooks for him being gassed at the end of the game. He had 52 minutes in game 6 :x
Did you watch the last game? Because if you did you'd know he was responsible for the loss.

For those saying they don't need Russ, KD was toast without him in the post season. Don't let regular season wins gas you up.

You're comparing the playoffs to the reg season & how was kd's facilitating last year against memphis?

he lost Russ mid playoffs in memphis. and still killed as the facilitator.

This year, he had an offseason to prepare for life without RWB. or even if they didnt work on it in the offseason, he had an entire half of a season.

The lost russ in the 1st round

thanks for the correction. im from Houston so i actually knew when/how he got hurt. that small correction doesnt change the sentiment though. he lost Russ out of the blue and had to figure it out on the fly. did well considering he had never been the facilitator, ever. especially against one of the better defensive teams in the league..

Did you watch the last game? Because if you did you'd know he was responsible for the loss.

For those saying they don't need Russ, KD was toast without him in the post season. Don't let regular season wins gas you up.

KD had 32 and 15 on 12/25 shooting.....lol

And 7 turnovers, and during crucial stretches of the game I honestly didn't know he was on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom