2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
the heat are getting free rides to the finals these past couple of years. i dont think anything of the 4 straight trips to the finals.

if they lose in the finals its a pistons-like run, can't compare to MJ and bird, magic, even kobe

the heat are getting free rides to the finals these past couple of years. i dont think anything of the 4 straight trips to the finals.

if they lose in the finals its a pistons-like run, can't compare to MJ and bird, magic, even kobe

So now 4 straight finals isn't impressive...alright man...i quit :lol:

Old Timers :rofl: :rofl:

Who's fault is that?

And it's been far from a "free ride "

Last edited:
So now 4 straight finals isn't impressive...alright man...i quit :lol:

Old Timers :rofl: :rofl:

Bro - I'm an old timer and I think 4 straight finals is impressive. Do I think the Heat are as good as some of the old 80s and 90s teams? No. But making 4 straight Finals is still impressive.

Bro - I'm an old timer and I think 4 straight finals is impressive. Do I think the Heat are as good as some of the old 80s and 90s teams? No. But making 4 straight Finals is still impressive.

The old timer comment had to do with someone messing up Alzheimer's with Old timers up there. Had nothing to do with my comment about Miami making 4 straight finals :lol:

And I agree with the latter sentiment for the record. It's just my man said "I don't think anything of them making 4 straight finals" like that's...Impressive as hell. Bar none period.

Last edited:
Who's fault is that?

And it's been far from a "free ride "

I didn't say it was your fault. Just pointing that out. Which team in the east these past 4 years had a chance to beat Miami based on talent and experience? Boston in 2010? Chicago I'm 2011? Indy 2013? Come on if they played any really good eastern conference team in their prime I'd have nothing to say.

The old timer comment had to do with someone messing up Alzheimer's with Old timers up there. Had nothing to do with my comment about Miami making 4 straight finals :lol:

And I agree with the latter sentiment for the record. It's just my man said "I don't think anything of them making 4 straight finals" like that's...Impressive as hell. Bar none period.

No doubt they are a great team. In the context of comparing them to other great teams who built dynasties I don't think they come close if they go 2-2. Given the joke that the eastern conference has been.

No doubt they are a great team. In the context of comparing them to other great teams who built dynasties I don't think they come close if they go 2-2. Given the joke that the eastern conference has been.

That's all relative. You cant just cross compare competition like that. The east has been less than stellar for a long time. Does that mean Jordan's titles are diluted because he went through the east to get them?

@WOJyahooNBA: blecker tells yahoo that sterling is "looking......separately" at possible legal action to stop sale of clippers to steve ballmer

@WOJyahooNBA: the purpose of the lawsuit against the NBA attorney Max Blecker says , is to seek damages for Sterlings lifetime ban & termination

Last edited:
That's all relative. You cant just cross compare competition like that. The east has been less than stellar for a long time. Does that mean Jordan's titles are diluted because he went through the east to get them?

You comparing the eastern conference in the 90s to the EC of 2010-2014? :lol:

Guess you didn't watch the Knicks/ Pacers /Magic teams

@WOJyahooNBA: blecker tells yahoo that sterling is "looking......separately" at possible legal action to stop sale of clippers to steve ballmer

@WOJyahooNBA: the purpose of the lawsuit against the NBA attorney Max Blecker says , is to seek damages for Sterlings lifetime ban & termination
Can't stop won't stop.
The Sterling Family Trust owns the team, with Donald and his wife Shelly each owning a 50% share. The trust spells out provisions and procedures related to the mental capacity of the trustees, and Donald Sterling did not meet the standard in a determination by experts, giving his wife sole decision-making power for the trust, the person said.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...les-sale-steve-ballmer/9754549/?dlvrit=206567

Every day that goes by, I dislike Sterling more (and his lawyer). Just take your money and go, old man. No matter what you do, this is not going to go well for you if you fight.

You comparing the eastern conference in the 90s to the EC of 2010-2014? :lol:

Guess you didn't watch the Knicks/ Pacers /Magic teams

Who's comparing the east back then to the east now? I never said anything about comparing the two.

The point is that the West was pretty superior to the east in the 90's just like it is now. So by your logic, Jordan's rings don't mean as much because he got them by going through the east.

Why the hell does Rio have a personal assistant?

If anything he should be lebrons personal assistant for that extra income.

true words

"ok rio i have your polo shirts ready & your spaulding shoes laced anything else i can do or can i go home now"

Last edited:
"Lebby" is still miles ahead of "Rio" as far as nicknames go.

Get your money, Sterling.

Who's comparing the east back then to the east now? I never said anything about comparing the two.

The point is that the West was pretty superior to the east in the 90's just like it is now. So by your logic, Jordan's rings don't mean as much because he got them by going through the east.

Actually you just compared the two with your logic for the second time :lol: you bought up the Jordan (era) comparison

The disparity between E and W right now is far greater than it was in the 90s. Only Boston in 2010 was almost in its prime. Pacers and Bulls don't touch the Knicks or pacers in the 90s

you're an intelligent person making a fair point and it's all good :smokin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom