2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
unless the Mavs start losing sponsors, Cuban is safe. could've said "I woulda shot trayvon too" and he'd be good long as the cash keeps flowing

that's the thing that always got me..the hoodie thing. is it just a black guy in a black hoodie that scares white people? or is it any hoodie? those ed hardy joints perhaps? maybe those hella slim ones jim jones wears? can you really fear someone in a body hugging hoodie? the bape hoodies with the face zip and the monster head? when in fashion does the threat reach amber alert?

that's the thing that always got me..the hoodie thing. is it just a black guy in a black hoodie that scares white people? or is it any hoodie? those ed hardy joints perhaps? maybe those hella slim ones jim jones wears? can you really fear someone in a body hugging hoodie? the bape hoodies with the face zip and the monster head? when in fashion does the threat reach amber alert?

& you got members blocking this

:rofl: :rofl:

freeze is always gold :rofl:

hate when white folks try to even out the playing field by bringing up completely uneven scenarios
this is racist as well bro
not racist. it's what happens

you see a lot of white people making ridiculous statements by reaching for equivalents that just don't match up

you ever hear the "well black people are racist too. they feel like they can say the n word freely, but then get mad when white people use it"

you ever hear that one? that's a shining example of what that quote above me means

:rofl:

Taken to task?

There are only 30 teams in the NBA. And guess what? A lot of these rich, white owners have some type of racist views. A lot of bosses do. It's something that a lot of PoC just accept until it's directly effecting them or it's too much to handle. What exactly did you want them to do? Were they supposed to teach Sterling the errors of his ways? Start a boycott with little "solid" evidence in a league where all the owners are buddy-buddy? The only reason this played out how it did was because of the giant social media storm that came along with it. There's no guarantee that happens if Paul/Griffin/Doc do something. If there's no social media storm, those guys get villianized for costing the team games, for not thinking of the fans, for ruining their careers.

What did you want them to do? And when?

If you're gonna be out on the front line looking for sympathy, then yea....all aspects of WHY you're looking for it need to be examined. This is exactly the reason as to why these guys need to be taken to task. Don't play people for dummies by threatening to boycott, flipping your warm-ups inside out etc., in the name of a "protest." There were NO problems with the work environment until those tapes leaked. On top of it all, it's NO secret that Donald Sterling is a scum bag. Doc Rivers even alluded to how the environment was "changed" when he was traded there last summer. As I said in another thread, these guys don't give a **** about principle. It's all about the green that they're earning. You can look back over in general when there were MANY NT'ers who said they wouldn't have a problem working under a racist boss as long as the money is right. It's a pathetic mentality, IMO.

It's a charade. **** was transparent from the jump. You should know it's a shame when Doc RIvers and the team welcomed Shelly Sterling back into Staples a day or two after the story broke. Shelly Sterling isn't an angel at all. Her hands have dirt on them as well.

Again...it all goes back to these bammas being taken to task. Yes, I do think that they are being treated w/ kid-gloves and are ultimately protected under the same NBA bubble that enabled Donald Sterling for over 30 years.

I don't know what's going to happen, but NBA better tread lightly because Donald Sterling isn't going to go quietly. There is a lot for the league to lose here.

*edit*

Freeze is low-key one of the funniest dudes on this site :lol:

Last edited:
okcspursjhs92.gif

:rofl:

Scott Brooks just standing there like a peon :lol: :lol:

Doc Rivers basically sold his soul to coach CP3, Blake, and another chance at a title. He made a comment at his presser saying "things are different now" regarding Sterling, which obviously they weren't. He just wanted to tell himself that.

Last edited:
the wolves are about to lose their franchise player, and they are going after a 1st year coach??

is scott brooks job safe?? :nerd:

Doc Rivers basically sold his soul to coach CP3, Blake, and another chance at a title. He made a comment at his presser saying "things are different now" regarding Sterling, which obviously they weren't. He just wanted to tell himself that.

But from a purely basketball perspective, things were different. Sterling was spending more freely, letting his basketball people run things without interference and generally being hands off except for showing up to games. That's a lot different from the situation going on when Doc played for the Clippers.

:lol: :rofl:

Wow, Cuban with an NT-like comparison in which neither example had anything to do with the other. Should've just kept quiet man :lol: but he aches for the spotlight so it's whatever.

hate when white folks try to even out the playing field by bringing up completely uneven scenarios

this is racist as well bro
not racist. it's what happens

you see a lot of white people making ridiculous statements by reaching for equivalents that just don't match up

you ever hear the "well black people are racist too. they feel like they can say the n word freely, but then get mad when white people use it"

you ever hear that one? that's a shining example of what that quote above me means

This makes me angrier than anything in society right now.

I'm a pretty calm dude but whenever that situation is brought up makes me want to be violent. :smh:

no, the problem with cuban's words isn't timing. the problem is that he's making blanket statements about situations that his dumbasse can't comprehend or even has business talking about. it's either a pretty arrogant move or a move completely lacking self-awareness. i say a bit of both

the glaring problem is that he tried to equivocate two different scenarios (black guy hoodie vs white shaved head guy w/tattoos) by rationalizing the prejudices of black people vs that of white people. those two examples are just not alike and do nothing to substantiate his argument. they make him look dumb - like he doesn't get it. and he doesn't

beside all that though - why would you want to give any creedence to the words of a known racist like sterling by attempting to making it look like his bias is equivalent to the bias of others? why is it looking like he's caping for a racist? what point is he trying to make? that everyone is prejudiced? ok, so what now? should the rest of us ease up or let sterling and people like him off the hook because we have biases of our own? as far as i know most people ain't trying to systematically deny "people of color" the way sterling (a billionaire) has in his business practices over many, many years

All of this man.

But from a purely basketball perspective, things were different. Sterling was spending more freely, letting his basketball people run things without interference and generally being hands off except for showing up to games. That's a lot different from the situation going on when Doc played for the Clippers.

While that's true, I still believe Doc knew what he was getting himself into on the Sterling side, too.

I can't find the original quote right now from the intro presser, but regardless, Doc had to know how Sterling was. He just chose to ignore it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom