2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
True. But it's kinda hard to see who's a bandwagon fan and who's not over the internet.

I know that. But just in general those type of fans are lame. For example I got a dude who will blow my phone up and run his mouth about anything bad laker related.

He don't have a favorite team though but "he's riding with the heat because lebron is his guy" Yet he convientely was a celtics fan 08-10. Suns fan 04-07 and 76ers fan before that. Its just corny to me. He uses the I just like individual players, I don't have a favorite team copout but he's quick to get on everyone else about the teams they like when those teams suck. Maybe I'm reaching but dudes like that are just lame to me.

The Spurs got saved by cramps! That the funny thing about game 1. it was easily about to be stolen by the Heat. the Spurs showed nothing in game 1 that says they are winning this series. Game 2 the Heat are going to BLOW the spurs out. its not even funny.
I dont see how the game being within 2-3 possessions for the majority of it while the Spurs were turning the ball over like crazy showed you nothing. Once the turnovers stopped they shot 89% from the field (well aware that shooting at a clip like that can not be sustained but it shows how good the offense is when they stop getting in their own way), but you're entitled to your own opinion breh.
Even before that it seemed like Miami was in control up 7. Timmy gets a lay up contested by LeBron cuts it to 5 he catches cramps for the first time and has to be taken out. He came back in down 4 from being up 5. That's a 9 point swing in like the 3mins he was out. Comes in makes a lay up cuts it to 2 then goes and again and then our defense ***** the bed. Rotations were terrible no close outs. Danny green was left wide open twice. I'm def not saying if LeBron was in we would have won but it would have came down to the stretch.

The Spurs got saved by cramps! That the funny thing about game 1. it was easily about to be stolen by the Heat. the Spurs showed nothing in game 1 that says they are winning this series. Game 2 the Heat are going to BLOW the spurs out. its not even funny.
I dont see how the game being within 2-3 possessions for the majority of it while the Spurs were turning the ball over like crazy showed you nothing. Once the turnovers stopped they shot 89% from the field (well aware that shooting at a clip like that can not be sustained but it shows how good the offense is when they stop getting in their own way), but you're entitled to your own opinion breh.

The heat caused theses turnovers, they didn't just magically happen. bron plays the rest of the game, the spurs don't win this game. its obvious, the heat were about to steal game 1. but it didnt happen. its game 1 so its fine, game 2 like you all know will be a different story.

People seem to forget that the spurs had ill-effects from the AC too. 9 third quarter TOs by a team that averages just shy of 13 per game was what helped Miami gain the lead. Granted Miami played great defense but some of those TOs were just uncharacteriscally bad passes out of bounds or directly to Heat players

I know that. But just in general those type of fans are lame. For example I got a dude who will blow my phone up and run his mouth about anything bad laker related.

He don't have a favorite team though but "he's riding with the heat because lebron is his guy" Yet he convientely was a celtics fan 08-10. Suns fan 04-07 and 76ers fan before that. Its just corny to me. He uses the I just like individual players, I don't have a favorite team copout but he's quick to get on everyone else about the teams they like when those teams suck. Maybe I'm reaching but dudes like that are just lame to me.

I hate these guys, and they always seem to get into sports conversations. Lame as hell.

I hate these guys, and they always seem to get into sports conversations. Lame as hell.

I ask those types what's so hard about sticking with one team through the good and the bad, I can never get a straight answer from them.

If people wanna bandwagon jump, that's fine I guess, as long as they don't get uptight when no one takes their sports opinions/arguments seriously.

The heat caused theses turnovers, they didn't just magically happen. bron plays the rest of the game, the spurs don't win this game. its obvious, the heat were about to steal game 1. but it didnt happen. its game 1 so its fine, game 2 like you all know will be a different story.

:lol: The Heat caused lackadaisical passing? Ok.

When it all comes down to it. Just like you all like to scream Ray Allen saved game 6. Game 1 was saved by cramps. No cramps game one would have easily been stolen by the heat. but no excuses its over, game 2 is going to be epic.

I don't even mind sports opinions from bandwagoners. You can jump from the latest hot team to another hot team year in and year out, and still know sports.

Only reason I want to know is so I know who to really give props to. I'm not trying to tell some dude who just bought a Danny Green Jersey last week, "Man, your boys pulled it out last night!" Never that. Them ain't your boys. :lol:

:lol: The Heat caused lackadaisical passing? Ok.
Thats defense. don't try to make up excuses, and say that the passes weren't effected by the defense, passes got stolen, they made the spurs pass in difficult situations, its defense.
So yes The Heat caused lackadaisical passes.

Thats defense. don't try to make up excuses, and say that the passes weren't effected by the defense, passes got stolen, they made the spurs pass in difficult situations, its defense.
So yes The Heat caused lackadaisical passes.

You do understand that lackadaisical means lazy and lacking effort, which implies a sense of relaxation or calmness on their part. So you mean to say that the Heat were so smothering on defense that the Spurs started to relax and pass the ball casually? Yeah, that makes sense

Last edited:
You do understand that lackadaisical means lazy and lacking effort, which implies a sense of relaxation or calmness on their part. So you mean to say that the Heat were so smothering on defense that the Spurs started to relax and pass the ball casually? Yeah, that makes sense

Uh yea, the defenses had them playing lazy, they couldn't get anything through. so yea the Heat caused it.

Th
Uh yea, the defenses had them playing lazy, they couldn't get anything through. so yea the Heat caused it.

The defense had them playing frantically which is what caused a majority of the bad passes as you could see in the third quarter. I'm on your side in terms of agreeing that the defense caused the TOs. But lazy passing is a result of poor offensive execution, not defensive activity

I don't know about that...Leonard was pretty much a non-factor and Danny Green couldn't hit a shot to save his life in the first three quarters.  20+ turnovers - nah that is not how they play.
Game 2 Mavs-Spurs

Spurs 22 turnovers
One game. That is the exception, not the rule. This is why things like averages are tracked. A team that averages just under 13 TO's has 22, you know that its not something that typically happens.

Dude, you're wasting your time. It's nothing the spurs did, but everything the heat did.

Th
The defense had them playing frantically which is what caused a majority of the bad passes as you could see in the third quarter. I'm on your side in terms of agreeing that the defense caused the TOs. But lazy passing is a result of poor offensive execution, not defensive activity

Ok ill take that. but all I'm saying is that majority of them, where cause by the heat.

Ok ill take that. but all I'm saying is that majority of them, where cause by the heat.

Agreed. My point was more so about explaining the cause of lazy passing in general hahaha. The defense obviously caused the crazy passing in this game. You don't throw the ball into the backcourt and have almost two backcourt violations because that's part of the play lolz

okc did a better job at forcing turnovers than miami. They'll figure it out next game

Dude, you're wasting your time. It's nothing the spurs did, but everything the heat did.

Again...Tell me what the spurs did, besides taking advantage of the best player not being on the floor because of cramps.
I'll Wait for you.
Their best player shot 90% with ten rebounds, they shot 89% in the fourth, 100% from 3, went on a 31-9 run, got to the line 22 times, shot 58 percent from the field, forced 16 turnovers of their own, made the other team shoot 47% from the field. LeBron going out doesn't nullify everything that the Spurs did man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom