2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm bias but Timmy winning 5 is more impressive judging from this years matchup, watered down big 3 beating prime lebron with Duncan retiring

Miami's defense is better than anyone the spurs have played in the west tho and all the teams the spurs played were a bunch of jump shooting teams.

OKC's defensive efficiency was better than Miami this year (5th in the league vs 11th). Spurs also played the 3rd, 5th, and 7th ranked teams in offensive efficiency during the playoffs in (Portland, Dallas and OKC respectively) while Miami played the 14th, 22nd, and 24th teams in (Brooklyn, Indiana, and Charlotte respectively).

Miami is also 5th in defensive efficiency in these playoffs with a rating of 105.5 for comparison sake, the last two years in the playoffs they've been at 98.5 in 2012 postseason, and 99.8 last year. They just haven't been playing championship level defense with arguably their easiest path to the Finals yet. I have a feeling the Spurs are going to blitz them these first two games in SA.

Rewatching some of this game 7, and it's amazing how much the Spurs pissed down their legs during some of these possessions. Completely uncharacteristic.

Rewatching some of this game 7, and it's amazing how much the Spurs pissed down their legs during some of these possessions. Completely uncharacteristic.

Game 6 was even worse, had a 10 point lead going into the 4th and just inexplicable plays and decisions down the stretch. Wide open shots missed by Green, Ginobli turning the ball over, Parker overdribbling like a madman, missed free throws, blocking out, the comedy of errors in that 4th was mind boggling especially after LBJ tried to hand the game back over to them with those turnovers in the last 2 minutes.

surprised that they were even in this gm given what happened in gm 6. short rest and all, i was expecting a heat blowout.
crazy how duncan had a chance to tie (?) but missed a bunny over battier

Game 7 was incredible basketball, such a high level of play, the resolve of the Spurs to coma back after that game 6 loss, multiple times it looked like Miami was about to get the kill shot, multiple times it looked like Miami was going to pull away and the Spurs never faded, then Timmy misses that bunny. :lol: :smh:

I hope I'm wrong and we get 7 games of that again, that would be basketball nirvana.

Old man Riverwalk was TORTURING Bosh that whole series. You got the feeling that was duncans last stand but the spurs are back again.

I can't wait for Thursday man.

Last edited:
Idk, look at the teams they had to beat and compare. Yeah consecutive runs are great, but they did it in a weaker pool of competition. I don't have time now but later, I'll look at the runs and compare. I just feel that Miami only really had one or two teams per championship run that really made them work. 

That only helps their argument brah.

They were still able to beat the absolute best team coming out of the competitive West 3 times in a row. That essentially renders the "East being weak" argument wack.

Last edited:
I'm bias but Timmy winning 5 is more impressive judging from this years matchup, watered down big 3 beating prime lebron with Duncan retiring

So 3 on 1 winning is respectable to you? Aight :lol:

And somebody please give Leonard some just credit. He might as well be 3b to the 3a on that squad.

There were so many times last year in the series the Heat were about to go on a game breaking run and Pop would call a timeout get his guys to regroup.

I can't imagine lebron bricking shot after shot again. He was very average by his standards for the majority of that series. I think heat win in 6 in large part to parker being hobbled

Fully expecting Miami to win.

Not to sound like Magic but the Spurs need to take the first 2 to have a chance.

One of the deciding factors of the series will def be if parker's injury and whether or not it will affect his play

Fully expecting Miami to win.

Not to sound like Magic but the Spurs need to take the first 2 to have a chance.

And the Heat need to get a split to have a chance as well, they aren't beating San Antonio 4 outta 5 games.

Game 1 taking forever.
laugh.gif
mean.gif

I think Miami wins in 6.

I can't imagine lebron bricking shot after shot again. He was very average by his standards for the majority of that series. I think heat win in 6 in large part to parker being hobbled
Averaged 17 ppg on 38% shooting in the first 3 games. Piss poor. Miami went 1-2 in those 3 games.

One of the deciding factors of the series will def be if parker's injury and whether or not it will affect his play
Yea he cannot allow Chalmers/Cole to slow him down. Splitter is useless against Miami's smallball lineups as we saw last year, so Diaw will get a lot of playing time in this series.

If Parker is killing Miami's PGs then Bron has to switch on to him earlier, which means Diaw is being guarded by a smaller player if Bosh/Bron are the only Miami bigs out there.

On the other end tho, San Antonio has been an extremely poor defensive team with lineups that feature Diaw & Timmy. 109 defensive rating :x

Last edited:
Miami's defense is better than anyone the spurs have played in the west tho and all the teams the spurs played were a bunch of jump shooting teams.

OKC's defensive efficiency was better than Miami this year (5th in the league vs 11th). Spurs also played the 3rd, 5th, and 7th ranked teams in offensive efficiency during the playoffs in (Portland, Dallas and OKC respectively) while Miami played the 14th, 22nd, and 24th teams in (Brooklyn, Indiana, and Charlotte respectively).

Miami is also 5th in defensive efficiency in these playoffs with a rating of 105.5 for comparison sake, the last two years in the playoffs they've been at 98.5 in 2012 postseason, and 99.8 last year. They just haven't been playing championship level defense with arguably their easiest path to the Finals yet. I have a feeling the Spurs are going to blitz them these first two games in SA.

Miami is a better defensive team than any of those teams the spurs faced. Anyone with two eyes can see that.

Edit: Heat in 6

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom