2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Manu is also in much better shape than last year so who knows. Wade's going to have to play at a superstar level the entire series for Miami and Bosh is going to have to show up each game to push this to at least 6 in my opinion. SA has proven they can withstand a two headed superstar attack and still prevail rather easily, when Ibaka showed up with his production is when they had trouble. I just don't have confidence that Wade and Bosh show up for EVERY game.

Danny Green has hit 39 3s in 18 games so far shooting 48% including 4 games where he's hit at least 4 3s and 1 game where he hit 7, he's been on fire at home in 10 games (29 for 48 a staggering 60%) and San Antonio's ball movement this entire playoffs has been excellent for the most part so he'll get open shots.

Miami's defense hasn't been spectacular all season, they're not playing at the level they were last year coming into the Finals either. Could be that they haven't had to ratchet up the pressure going against anemic teams offensively like CHA, BKN, and IND. It's a whole different story with the Spurs.

Manu is also in much better shape than last year so who knows. Wade's going to have to play at a superstar level the entire series for Miami and Bosh is going to have to show up each game to push this to at least 6 in my opinion. SA has proven they can withstand a two headed superstar attack and still prevail rather easily, when Ibaka showed up with his production is when they had trouble. I just don't have confidence that Wade and Bosh show up for EVERY game.

Danny Green has hit 39 3s in 18 games so far shooting 48% including 4 games where he's hit at least 4 3s and 1 game where he hit 7, he's been on fire at home in 10 games (29 for 48 a staggering 60%) and San Antonio's ball movement this entire playoffs has been excellent for the most part so he'll get open shots.

Miami's defense hasn't been spectacular all season, they're not playing at the level they were last year coming into the Finals either. Could be that they haven't had to ratchet up the pressure going against anemic teams offensively like CHA, BKN, and IND. It's a whole different story with the Spurs.
Without looking, aren't all of those Green three-pointers at home? His road shooting splits were underwhelming last I checked.

^that's where manu has to step up. even belinelli. those guys have better chances showing up on the road than green.

last yr bron had to be great for them to win (which he was). this yr bron AND wade have to be great

Last edited:
LeBron actually didn't play all that well in San Antonio last year. He turned it up game 6 and 7. Can't remember what specific game it was but he had 18 in one of them and I know game one wasn't that well either. Game 2 he had a good game also.

Manu is also in much better shape than last year so who knows. Wade's going to have to play at a superstar level the entire series for Miami and Bosh is going to have to show up each game to push this to at least 6 in my opinion. SA has proven they can withstand a two headed superstar attack and still prevail rather easily
:lol:

Russ/Thabo/Durant/Collison/Perk isn't even remotely close to what Miami offers. Whatever they "proved" in those first 2 games is irrelevant

Last edited:
I'm curious if Kawhi can elevate his level of play on both sides of the basketball for his second Finals appearance, at just 22-years old.

Without looking, aren't all of those Green three-pointers at home? His road shooting splits were underwhelming last I checked.

He's 10/32 (32%) on the road so far in 8 road games (one game he didn't attempt any 3s). He hit 11 3s in 4 games at Miami last year in the Finals, but 16 3s in 3 games in San Antonio. Don't think that's completely out the realm of possibility this time especially with the way he's been shooting at home in these playoffs.

Russ/Thabo/Durant/Collison/Perk isn't even remotely close to what Miami offers

Way to read what I wrote. My point was that SA withstood Russ/KD (two headed superstar attack) and struggled when the 3rd guy came in Ibaka. I believe they can withstand Wade/Bron and still win rather easily, but if Bosh shows up every game it's a different deal (see Game 4 last year when Bosh had 20/13 and the Heat won in a blowout). Miami presents a different set of problems with San Antonio, but they proved last year they can dominate Miami in spurts when they're on.

Looking back on the series there was a lot of odd outliers, Yes Danny Green hit 25 threes in 5 games, but Mike Miller went 9/10 in the 1st 3 games, is Rashard Lewis going to provide that kind of firepower for Miami this year? It's yet to be determined. Should be a good series, but I'm seeing a Spurs team in totality that's better than last year, and a Miami team that's maybe as good as last year with Wade being more healthy, but defensively they're nowhere close.

Last edited:
I'm curious if Kawhi can elevate his level of play on both sides of the basketball for his second Finals appearance, at just 22-years old.

kid is getting more aggressive with each gm. didnt he lead then in fg attempts a few gms back. i thnk pop knows he can do more on the offensive end

Russ/Thabo/Durant/Collison/Perk isn't even remotely close to what Miami offers

Way to read what I wrote. My point was that SA withstood Russ/KD (two headed superstar attack) and struggled when the 3rd guy came in Ibaka. I believe they can withstand Wade/Bron and still win rather easily, but if Bosh shows up every game it's a different deal (see Game 4 last year when Bosh had 20/13 and the Heat won in a blowout).
Right, because Wade's 32 on 56% shooting and 6 steals and zero turnovers weren't the driving force behind that W :lol:

Bosh had zero points in game 7 and Miami won. Every once in a while he'll be featured, but mostly All they need is his presence on the floor to create driving lanes for their stars, if he provides something else besides that, then it's just icing on the cake

Last edited:
Right, because Wade's 32 on 56% shooting and 6 steals weren't the driving force behind that W :lol:

Bosh had zero points in game 7 and Miami won. All they need is his presence on the floor to create driving lanes for their stars, if he provides something else besides that, then it's just icing on the cake

Bron also had 33/11/4 in Game 4 and they won easily. My point is that the games Bosh didn't play well or wasn't a factor (even if it's just on the boards) it was not a dominating performance by Miami, the games were close. I just don't see SA imploding again down the stretch of those games if it's close and for it to get to that point, Bosh is going to have to show up, especially for Miami to dominate as some on here believe. Spurs are a better and deeper team than even last year in the Finals. Unless you're counting on Bron to go for 35+ every game and Wade to be at 30 every game. I don't see that happening.

For the people calling Spurs in 5. Can you guys please elaborate why you feel this way?

I'm thinking Heat in 6 :smh:

Last edited:
i'm not saying miami wins the series, but i do find it highly surprising how many of you have the spurs in 5

Quite a bit of that 33 came late in the game after it had been decided.

And you can't see them imploding down the stretch? Didn't they just let OKC off the hook in the fourth quarter of game 6 with missed free throws and the inability to get stops? And Miami executes MUCH better than OKC
late in games

Last edited:
I think the Spurs will win the series, but definitely not in 5 games. I think its goes 7 games again. I don't think we've seen Miami at its best and they will be at their best in the Finals.

For the people calling Spurs in 5. Can you guys please elaborate why you feel this way?

I'm thinking Heat in 6 :smh:
The Spurs were a top five defensive team all year (ranked second this postseason behind the Wizards) and at their apex on offense, the Heat probably won't be able to keep up.

Reactions: MVP
from espn 

What would be more impressive:

5 titles for Duncan

or 3 in a row for LeBron?

good question
nerd.gif

The Spurs were a top five defensive team all year (ranked second this postseason behind the Wizards) and at their apex on offense, the Heat probably won't be able to keep up.

Pretty much. I think the Heat's defense is where they'll lose this series.

IDK,

I get that the Spurs are a much better defensive team, but like someone said--I don't think Miami has played their best yet. I still think the Heat will pull this out in 6.

Pretty much. I think the Heat's defense is where they'll lose this series.

Miami closes games out much better than any other team San Antonio has faced this year. Maybe the the series against the Thunder toughened up San Antiono, because that was the only team I saw that could've outmatched the Spurs.

I think the series falls on the shoulders of Wade. If he has a good series, the Heat win it again.

Leonard will be on Wade and Diaw will guard Lebron again with the other 4 players helping. The Spurs are going to make Miami hit jumpers. If they can do that, it's over.

Last edited:
Diaw won't be on lebron all the time, only to give lebron a different look. Majority off the time it'll be Leonard

I think LBJ shot like 14% last year in the Finals with Diaw on him. Just don't put Danny Green on him cause he'll forget to block out and try to cherry pick :smh:

Diaw has that huge *** body that you can't get around. He shuffles his feet well for a big dude and just stays in front of you.

Danny Green is actually an underrated defender.

I think Miami in 6. That Game 6 at home will be huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom