2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That wasn't even the best Pistons team of that run but ok.
that's what I said . these dudes arguing that don't know what theyre talking about. Detroit got that one year lucky strike. the next year like dude said the pacers were ready to take them out till the brawl and then they (pacers) were done. the pacer looked like the best team in the east and I like many ppl thought they were going to beat the pistons that year.

they had two great years (made the finals won one ) and a few good ones. the east still sucked then. dominating the east isnt impressive at all.

. LeBron took them out when they were already done as true contenders.

Last edited:
that's what I said . these dudes arguing that don't know what theyre talking about. Detroit got that one year lucky strike. the next year like dude said the pacers were ready to take them out till the brawl and then they  were done. the pacer looked like the best team in the east and I like many ppl thought they were going to beat the pistons that year.
 they had two great years (made the finals won one ) and a few good ones. the east still sucked then. dominating the east isnt impressive at all.

. LeBron took them out when they were already done as true contenders.

Id give the pistons two seasons. The brawl took the pacers out but at the same time it happened very early in that season. But the carry over was there come the following season as arrest got traded early in the 05-06 season.

I give the 05 pistons alot of credit though because they really did come close to going back to back and had a very good spurs team on the ropes.

Funny thing is they won 64 games the year flip took over and got off to an extremely hot start. They fizzled off late but by that time you could tell they weren't what they once were. Cleveland almost upset them in 06. Had a 3-2 lead but couldn't finish it in 6 and Miami had control over that series. You could tell the respect level towards flip wasnt nowhere near what it was towards Larry brown as well.

In 07 they had the best record in the east by default. The east was trash that year and lebron and company showed that in the 07 ECF.

They had another real good year in 08 but again as that season progressed you could tell they couldn't compete with the big boys.

They made 3 eastern conference finals after Larry brown left, partly by default. But you could tell they weren't the same team after he left when it was time for them to go against other top teams.

Id give the pistons two seasons. The brawl took the pacers out but at the same time it happened very early in that season. But the carry over was there come the following season as arrest got traded early in the 05-06 season.

I give the 05 pistons alot of credit though because they really did come close to going back to back and had a very good spurs team on the ropes.

Funny thing is they won 64 games the year flip took over and got off to an extremely hot start. They fizzled off late but by that time you could tell they weren't what they once were. Cleveland almost upset them in 06. Had a 3-2 lead but couldn't finish it in 6 and Miami had control over that series. You could tell the respect level towards flip wasnt nowhere near what it was towards Larry brown as well.

In 07 they had the best record in the east by default. The east was trash that year and lebron and company showed that in the 07 ECF.

They had another real good year in 08 but again as that season progressed you could tell they couldn't compete with the big boys.

They made 3 eastern conference finals after Larry brown left, partly by default. But you could tell they weren't the same team after he left when it was time for them to go against other top teams.
yeah but the year they won the title in 04 the  pacers team went toe to toe with them. if it wasn't for that tayshaun block the pacers would've went to the finals or so I thought . it would've went 7 . the pacers were coming up.

agree with everything else you said though.

Last edited:
That 04-05 pistons team lucked out in the ECF like I've said before. Wade got hurt with Miami up 3-2.

Its debatable. It was a close series before wade went out and the team who beat Detroit a year later was slightly different then the 05 team. Also Detroit had a worse coach in 06 and Miami had a better coach in 06.

That what if situation does get more interesting if wade plays though but Detroit looked much more vunerable in 06 then 05 even before the conference finals. Milwaukee blew em out in the first round, Cleveland was real close to eliminating them as well.

yeah but the year they won the title in 04 the  pacers team went toe to toe with them. if it wasn't for that tayshaun block the pacers would've went to the finals or so I thought . it would've went 7 . the pacers were coming up.

agree with everything else you said though.

Still could've went 7. Remember Indiana stole home court back winning game 4 in Detroit only to lose game 5 at home. Indiana was leading most of game 6 only to fall apart late in the 4th quarter. They had their chances in 04. I believe Ron Artest committed a dumb flagrant late in game 6 if I'm not mistaken as well.

That tayshawn prince block was a momentum changer but they had their chances after that.

Just realized how close New Jersey was to knocking Detroit out that year though. Up 3-2 with game 6 at home but couldn't close it out. They got mauled in game 7 tho

I was being Sarcastic with the Bron comment 
laugh.gif

lol. 10 years later and nt is still debating the same topic.

That was my first year on here. I can vividly recall how glorious of a feeling it was to see all the Lakers fans grow quiet as the series progressed, from initially taking about how great they were and how overmatched the pistons would be, to complete silence. It was clear to anyone alive back then (

Last edited:
Dwyane Wade is a product of the NBA having a lack of superstars to market around in 2006.

Kobe was still in hot water with the public, Jordan was gone, LeBron/Melo/CP3 were sophomores and juniors in the league, and all of the stars from the 90s were gone already or fading.

But here the NBA had Dwyane Wade on the same team as SHAQ. The almighty SHAQ. One of their greatest success stories ever. Mind you, he was terrible in those Heat days, more so than any other time. I'm sure people are gonna rush in here to annihilate me, but let's face it. If you know the basic rules and principles of basketball, you know that they catered to him his entire career. If they didn't allow Shaquille O'Neal to offensive foul time and time and time again every, single, possession, he'd have had more fouls than points in his career. Shaq got away with murder in the NBA. But he was charismatic and great for TV.

And they could package him with Dwyane Wade. FLASH. Mr. "I wear the number 3 for the Holy Trinity". 19 FTA a game in the 2006 finals. A "high-flying, high-scoring" 2 guard with the "greatest big man to ever play/Superman".

I apologize for my Dwyane Wade rant. I just see this thread slowly heading to the Player A > Player B argument (insert who ever you want)... and I don't want Fraud Wade anywhere near that argument, with anyone. Nor do we need to be discussing if the Pistons were a better team than Miami.

When it's all said and done, the modern era is gonna belong to:

Mike, Kobe, LeBron, Duncan, Shaq. I wasn't a Kobe fan until recently, and I'm not the biggest Bron fan... but if you don't see that that's the 5 guys from the last 20 years, then man, I don't know what to tell you.

/pointlessrant

Last edited:
Wade was boss in that 05ish-09 timeframe and at a period during that run was one of if not The best player in the NBA and definitely was the star of that what o8 Olympic team. To plug him as a "product of the NBAs lack of superstars to market around" is a little wack IMO. He may busted now, but at one time dude was money, straight boss on his own accord not because of being an NBA marketed whatever.

Last edited:
Wade was boss in that 05ish-09 timeframe and at a period during that run was one of if not The best player in the NBA and definitely was the star of that what o8 Olympic team. To plug him as a "product of the NBAs lack of superstars to market around" is a little wack IMO. He may busted now, but at one time dude was money, straight boss on his own accord not because of being an NBA marketed whatever.

Dwyane Wade was never the best player in the NBA ever. Stop that.

And Charles Barkley was the star of the 1992 Dream Team. You taking him over MJ?

"Fraud Wade"....out here hating for no reason. :smh:

I'm hating because he's a fraud.

Miami, you're the ones who're gonna suffer. You think he's opting for less money? Please. Bosh, maybe... because he gets it. His best chance for career legacy is with LeBron.

Dwyane Wade was never the best player in the NBA ever. Stop that.

And Charles Barkley was the star of the 1992 Dream Team. You taking him over MJ?

Wade was good because he was good, not because the NBA made it so

When it's all said and done, the modern era is gonna belong to:

Mike, Kobe, LeBron, Duncan, Shaq. I wasn't a Kobe fan until recently, and I'm not the biggest Bron fan... but if you don't see that that's the 5 guys from the last 20 years, then man, I don't know what to tell you.

/pointlessrant

Yep those are big figures of this time period

With the 2nd tier of Dirk, Iverson, Nash, Wade, KG, Durant

Originally Posted by CertifiedFlyBoi23  

They say Wade not 3 all time on the shoot guard list.

1. MJ

2. Kobe

3. Wade
Not in my book

1.MJ

2,Kobe

3.) West

4. Drexler

5. AI

6. Wade.

Last edited:
I was trying to confine it to 80s at the oldest, because the further you go back, the harder it is to keep it all in perspective.

But you see my point? People automatically throw Wade up there because of recent history... above the damn NBA LOGO.

Why is Dwyane Wade so good? Because he scored a lot of points? Because he was the best player on a ****** team until LeBron came over and blessed him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom