2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
True now explain the defensive end chief?

You ever think maybe Shaq lost some motivation at that end due to the fact he had to watch a teammate jack up contested shots while he was pretty much rolling offensively? Not saying that's a good justification, but that's how Shaq works. Plus, its not like Ben Wallace was scoring a bunch of points. It was on the perimeter where the Lakers really got cooked that series, hence Billups' MVP.

Ita funny u can tell the dudes that never watched... Like I said Ben wasn't how dude makes him out to be.
The Piston's as a whole were built around defense with Wallace and Prince being the catalyst. Ben was a monster defender and rebounder lets be honest. The man got a max contract with zero offensive game. That pretty much tells you all you need to know.

Kobe also had to chase down rip off screens then deal with tay guarding him . You getting worked you pass the ball. That whole d just shut Kobe and everyone else. Shaq got his points but did nothing else. Dude played no d and got worked on the board.
more then Kobe did. He just chucked.

Last edited:
You ever think maybe Shaq lost some motivation at that end due to the fact he had to watch a teammate jack up contested shots while he was pretty much rolling offensively? Not saying that's a good justification, but that's how Shaq works. Plus, its not like Ben Wallace was scoring a bunch of points. It was on the perimeter where the Lakers really got cooked that series, hence Billups' MVP.
The Lakers lost to a better team man it's just that simple. The play of Shaq and Kobe was not up to par point blank period. The feud and the fact that players were hurt had a lot to do with it. We got owned simple as that. Kobe stunk it up on offense and Shaq was no where to be found on defense. His offense wasn't all that hot either. Son couldn't hit a free throw to save his life.

Kobe also had to chase down rip off screens then deal with tay guarding him . You getting worked you pass the ball. That whole d just shut Kobe and everyone else. Shaw got his points but did nothing else. That was more then Kobe did tho.

You sir get repped for keeping it real.

The proof is in the pudding bro , the pistons brought back the same team the next year and got scorched by Lebron James without the so called overrated Ben Wallace :smh:

Hate to say it but you're probly a youngster trying to downplay Ben Wallace's defense, I've actually never heard anyone speak ill of that mans defense :lol:

Yes I watched those finals and he essentially held Shaq one on one with very little help which obviously disrupted the offense because the shooters live off double teams.

And yes Kobe definitely forced the issue going against prince who was a helluva defender himself.

Kobe also had to chase down rip off screens then deal with tay guarding him . You getting worked you pass the ball. That whole d just shut Kobe and everyone else. Shaw got his points but did nothing else. That was more then Kobe did tho.
26 points from Shaq is nothing. He was getting 35 in Finals prior to that. He was on the down swing and didn't want to face the facts. You essentially said the same thing I said though which I agree with. 

Its similar to the rockets now. Harden gets defended by their best perimeter defenders, and they make an effort to make harden play defense. Sometime the best way to counteract that is take more selective shots and feed the hot hand. Rockets feed Dwight, Lakers feed shaq. Not a knock on Kobe, but let shaq eat and then when they adjust and take pressure off of you, you strike

Its similar to the rockets now. Harden gets defended by their best perimeter defenders, and they make an effort to make harden play defense. Sometime the best way to counteract that is take more selective shots and feed the hot hand. Rockets feed Dwight, Lakers feed shaq. Not a knock on Kobe, but let shaq eat and then when they adjust and take pressure off of you, you strike
That's essentially how the Lakers operated until Shaq and Kobe started feuding. It was painfully clear that Shaq was on the down swing also.
The proof is in the pudding bro , the pistons brought back the same team the next year and got scorched by Lebron James without the so called overrated Ben Wallace
mean.gif

Hate to say it but you're probly a youngster trying to downplay Ben Wallace's defense, I've actually never heard anyone speak ill of that mans defense
laugh.gif

Yes I watched those finals and he essentially held Shaq one on one with very little help which obviously disrupted the offense because the shooters live off double teams.

And yes Kobe definitely forced the issue going against prince who was a helluva defender himself.
Exactly 

The Pistons were definitely the better team, especially after Malone went down. But I think they would have had a better chance of making the series closer if Shaq was more the focal point on offense than Kobe.

One on one defender he was just good . Dude was a beast but like I said take out anyone of those dudes and they'd get smashed. I
never said they would've won
without him .so you saying they got smashed by bron the year after the title ? They lost to the spurs in the chip.

Last edited:
Pretty sure Shaq was second in MVP voting his first year in Miami. He played up to standards that year. But it was all downhill after

60% on a downswing is still pretty good though :lol:

Not when you basically play lazy as hell and you allow a 6'8 dude to stick you one on one. Shaq played mediocre that year and every year after by his standards.

Averaging 26/10 on 60% is allowing a guy to stick you one on one? Isn't that the pistons conceding they can't guard him, so they won't help and not let anyone else get good looks?

Averaging 26/10 on 60% is allowing a guy to stick you one on one? Isn't that the pistons conceding they can't guard him, so they won't help and not let anyone else get good looks?
Bro Shaq's average in his prime is north of 26 a game. His finals averages against the East Conference was WAY north of 26 a game. Try around 34 ppg and 15 rbpg. He wasn't the same player anymore face the facts. Nor was the Lakers team as deep and talented as it had been. They lost to a better team and both players could have and should have played better.

Regardless of what he used to average, Kobe still should have absolutely deferred to him (which is what I'm arguing). Shaq not being himself is still one of the most dominant players ever.

The proof is in the pudding bro , the pistons brought back the same team the next year and got scorched by Lebron James without the so called overrated Ben Wallace :smh:
They were down like 7 with 3 mins in regulation & Bron had TWO dunks & a layup to help get the game to OT. All off isos at the top of the key. No screens, no off ball misdirection, nothing. Just 4 Cavaliers standing there watching Bron dribble & he got right to the rim & finished :lol:

Then his GW shot was a layup off an iso :lol:

I knew it was over for DET forever after that.

Last edited:
Since this has become the pistons lakers nba finals thread for the day id like to say no team consisting of shaq and kobe should have ever lost in the finals.

Pistons just caught the lakers at a bad time. Malone went down, gp and shaq were garbage defensively and kobe playing like a prime nick young

Also the stubborness of phil jackson to not make any adjustments

Since this has become the pistons lakers nba finals thread for the day id like to say no team consisting of shaq and kobe should have ever lost in the finals.

Pistons just caught the lakers at a bad time. Malone went down, gp and shaq were garbage defensively and kobe playing like a prime nick young

Also the stubborness of phil jackson to not make any adjustments
Agreed which is why I've been saying they both stunk. Dudes just ain't trying to hear that though. In their world it just has to always be Kobe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom