2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i did bring up the old heat to show that prior to bron they were not very good.  playoff team and third seed is cool, but without bron wade was never going to see another chip.

so essentially, bron goin to miami took them from being a virtual 8 seed to a squad going back to the finals

im not trying to diminish what he did right now, im just saying it would be more impressive to do it in the west
the same could be said for Lebron, since he has no chips without Wade who has chip without Bron. It's not impressive that a team from the weak east ran off 20 in a row against the powerful west? I'm curious why those regular season wins don't count but they would if he played in the west.

i did bring up the old heat to show that prior to bron they were not very good.  playoff team and third seed is cool, but without bron wade was never going to see another chip.

so essentially, bron goin to miami took them from being a virtual 8 seed to a squad going back to the finals

im not trying to diminish what he did right now, im just saying it would be more impressive to do it in the west
the same could be said for Lebron, since he has no chips without Wade who has chip without Bron. It's not impressive that a team from the weak east ran off 20 in a row against the powerful west? I'm curious why those regular season wins don't count but they would if he played in the west.

there was this guy named shaq. don't leave that part out. what happened after shaq and before lebron?

kawhi-leonard-sports-llustrated-cover.jpg

You keep raising the bar. LOL I don't think any player can do it alone. (Iverson came the closest imo) but the fact that Wade had a chip with Miami shouldn't be lost in translation. Bron needed Wade just like Wade needed him. Now Bron needs another player to play like a star or hell turn into Wade waiting on the next big thing. If he moves to the west and wins a chip it won't put an asterisk on his time in Miami. The only way it will be more impressive is if he wins it with a girls high school gym class like AI tried to do...

Dirk in 2011 and Hakeem in 1994 did it "by themselves" in regards to not playing next to another All-Star player in their prime when they won their championships.

Yes Dirk was the only "superstar" on that 2011 Mavs team but Kidd, Tyson, and Terry were playing at a high level throughout the playoffs.

So glad there's a video debunking those inflated stats Bron put up in the finals. Where are the slurpers at to refute the facts now? Every time the Spurs went on a run, son went missing in action. Mark Jackson, "mama where was that man?"

im talking about playoffs:

say hypothetically lebron went to the HOU this offseason

he gets them to the playoffs and they face DAL, SAS, OKC and then CHI in the finals and win

would that be more impressive than CHA, BKN, CHI and SAS in the finals? 

Dirk maybe, but c'mon 94 rockets were legit.
I mean, when you go into the 'other superstar' discussion, you have to go in w/ the following understanding: NO ONE wins w/ a superstar and then LITERALLY a squad of players like Splitter, Varejao, Steve Kerr, Sasha Vujacic, Leon Powe, Leandro Barbosa, AC Green, JJ Barea, and Haslem.

A champion squad is going to have other supreme talents, like an over-the-hill Kidd here or a cocky Kenny Anderson there.

Most balanced teams I've ever seen, though, were the '04 Pistons, and '14 Spurs.

(with my definition of 'balanced' being 'The hardest to pick ONE GUY that was mostly responsible for the championship')

And even saying that, I fail to see that '04 chip coming without Chauncey, but he was far from the SOLE reason.

Similarly, I fail to see '14 Spurs winning without Kawhi, but he's far from the ONE GUY.

Take Bron away from the last 2 years, Heat ain't even in the Finals.

Take Dirk off the Mavs 4 years ago, they're not in the Finals.

Take Pau off the Lakers the year before that...

Last edited:
^^^ True... that '04 Piston team was just as balance as the '14 Spurs. When they got Sheed that year you kinda knew they was going to win. He was like the final missing piece.

If you take away a integral player from any team they probably won't when a championship. The 04 Pistons and the 2014 Spurs aren't exempt.

If you take away a integral player from any team they probably won't when a championship. The 04 Pistons and the 2014 Spurs aren't exempt.
Well, obviously.

The discussion is about which team relies the LEAST on just one player.

if lebron won a title in the west, he could say he truly dominated the entire league

the best player since wilt to dominate in both conferences

thatd be something to one up him over jordan

Well, obviously.

The discussion is about which team relies the LEAST on just one player.
I would say the Spurs rely a ton on Duncan so my point still stands. The Spurs probably don't even make the playoffs without Duncan. The Lakers would have still been at least the 8th seed in the West without Pau.

Last edited:
The 04 Pistons were dominated by Ben Wallace. No Ben Wallace that team is worthless.

Also for the sake of the poll I don't think LeBron is staying in Miami.

Last edited:
ben did his thing. one of the best defenders every :pimp:

dude spray painting that X after a W

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom