2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly we have different definitions of 'dominated'.
We must because Ben Wallace was that entire defense. He literally did everything from his own work to correcting every screw up that everyone else made. Similar to how Tim Duncan is the Spurs defense (and as I've said earlier still their best player for that reason) but to a much higher degree cause he was in his athletic prime back then.

No Ben Wallace and that team doesn't make it to the NBA finals or even conference finals.

I think the formula for the most part has always been 2 great players surrounded by shooters/defenders/rebounders wiith a competent coach.

Boston/Miami sort of ****** up the formula this past decade.

Last edited:
Wasn't Slava medvendenko the starting pf for the Lakers- cuz malone went down .those pistons weren't that great .

bs .... Take out anybody from that starting five and the pistons wouldn't have been there.
It took a chase down block from tayshaun to get to the finals...
if anything tay held Kobe to a horrible fg % . Dude was long and gave kb problems if I remember correctly.

all those dudes played d .Billups , tay played hella good d . Ben Wallace wasn't even a great one on one defender.

Last edited:
I think the formula for the most part has always been 2 great players surrounded by shooters/defenders/rebounders wiith a competent coach.

Boston/Miami sort of ****** up the formula this past decade.
At least the Celtics were clearly out of their primes. What the Heat did I still can't get down with.

Dirk maybe, but c'mon 94 rockets were legit.

Take Pau off the Lakers the year before that...

View media item 1035535

The 04 Pistons were dominated by Ben Wallace. No Ben Wallace that team is worthless.

Also for the sake of the poll I don't think LeBron is staying in Miami.

So true Ben Wallace was an all world defender at that point , did a decent job on Shaq too during the finals.

In fact during that classic Lebron moment Ben Wallace wasnt even on the team , he was a member of the Bulls...Pistons had an ancient Chris Webber getting minutes :smh:

And dude calling Wallace overrated defensively should do some research , Ben Wallace is a 4 DPOY....enough said

Last edited:
I always blamed that finals loss on Kobe .

awards prove what. Dude was a beast and a great help defender . As a one on one defender wasn't that great .

it was Shaq and Slava against rasheed and Ben . Shaq still got his. Did you watch those playoffs ? whole team played d. It wasn't all him and everyone else were average defenders...

The truth is the Piston's were just a better overall team same with the Spurs and Heat. The Lakers didn't have enough talent especially with Malone old and hurting. Ben Wallace did a great Job on Shaq and Prince did a great job on Kobe. The internal feud between Shaq and Kobe did not help matters either.

Didn't Shaq average like 26 and 14 in that Finals?
26 and 10. Kobe 23 4 and 3. The next person scored 6. All 5 Piston starters scored over 10+ ppg including 2 over 20+ ppg. The 04 Lakers were a far cry from the 01 Lakers. The Piston's were just better.

26 and 10. Kobe 23 4 and 3. The next person scored 6. All 5 Piston starters scored over 10+ ppg including 2 over 20+ ppg. The 04 Lakers were a far cry from the 01 Lakers. The Piston's were just better.

10.8 :wink:

Kobe took more shots and shot 38% in a Finals where he had a teammate putting up 26 a game on 63.1% from the field.

Man there just ain't no excuse for that.

Last edited:
wink.gif

Kobe took more shots and shot 38% in a Finals where he had a teammate putting up 26 a game on 63.1% from the field.

I already stated that Kobe didn't play well but neither did Shaq so people need to save the it was on Kobe crap. Shaq was flat lazy that entire playoffs because Kobe had obviously became the lead dog which he was not happy with. Kobe is the reason the damn team even made it to the finals to begin with.

We must because Ben Wallace was that entire defense. He literally did everything from his own work to correcting every screw up that everyone else made. Similar to how Tim Duncan is the Spurs defense (and as I've said earlier still their best player for that reason) but to a much higher degree cause he was in his athletic prime back then.

No Ben Wallace and that team doesn't make it to the NBA finals or even conference finals.

You're definitely underrating the defense of Billups, Prince and ESPECIALLY Sheed. He was basically the key to that team. Wallace was good but Sheed was their best two way player and a great defender. Prince and Billups were really tough defenders. It's silly to say Ben carried anything on that Detroit team when they were a really well balanced squad.

I already stated that Kobe didn't play well but neither did Shaq so people need to save the it was on Kobe crap. Shaq was flat lazy that entire playoffs because Kobe had obviously became the lead dog which he was not happy with. Kobe is the reason the damn team even made it to the finals to begin with.

26.6 and 10.8 on 63.1% from the isn't playing well?

Back to the block list.

but shaq was not shooting jumpers. his game was all in the paint. it makes sense that he was averaging 60%.

but shaq was not shooting jumpers. his game was all in the paint. it makes sense that he was averaging 60%.

No disrespect but no ****.

That's the nature of the game and its why big men typically impact the game more than wings. They score more efficiently and easier.

Kid apparently doesn't know that there are 2 ends to a basketball court. Shaq played zero defense including being out rebounded, out shot blocked and out hustled by a 6'8 PF yet this guy is claiming he played great 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

It's not like Shaq is scoring off cuts or putbacks - he does his damage in the post. You don't have to shoot 14 contested jumpers a game if you have a post threat like that. 38% vs. 60% is way too big of a disparity. Just feed him if your jumper isn't falling. No defending that.

It's not like Shaq is scoring off cuts or putbacks - he does his damage in the post. You don't have to shoot 14 contested jumpers a game if you have a post threat like that. 38% vs. 60% is way too big of a disparity. Just feed him if your jumper isn't falling. No defending that.
True now explain the defensive end chief?

Its funny u can tell the dudes that never watched... Like I said Ben wasn't how dude makes him out to be .

Last edited:

No disrespect but no ****.

That's the nature of the game and its why big men typically impact the game more than wings. They score more efficiently and easier.

Kid apparently doesn't know that there are 2 ends to a basketball court. Shaq played zero defense including being out rebounded, out shot blocked and out hustled by a 6'8 PF yet this guy is claiming he played great :lol:  

good point.

my point was that the type of shots have to be taken into account as well. there no way to measure that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom