2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really care one way or another where people want to put him, but some are forgetting how good Dwyane Wade was in his prime. Already forgetting... hm.

I was trying to confine it to 80s at the oldest, because the further you go back, the harder it is to keep it all in perspective.

But you see my point? People automatically throw Wade up there because of recent history... above the damn NBA LOGO.

Why is Dwyane Wade so good? Because he scored a lot of points? Because he was the best player on a ****** team until LeBron came over and blessed him?

Wade won without Lebron....

People forget how good Wade was because Kobe was that much better than him in the public's collective mind

Plus with Wade there's really only 4 prime seasons without Lebron

I don't really care one way or another where people want to put him, but some are forgetting how good Dwyane Wade was in his prime. Already forgetting... hm.

This happens in the twitter age.
Such short memories. So disrespectful. Literally what have you done for me lately. Janet Jackson ****

Dwyane Wade is a product of the NBA having a lack of superstars to market around in 2006.

Kobe was still in hot water with the public, Jordan was gone, LeBron/Melo/CP3 were sophomores and juniors in the league, and all of the stars from the 90s were gone already or fading.

But here the NBA had Dwyane Wade on the same team as SHAQ. The almighty SHAQ. One of their greatest success stories ever. Mind you, he was terrible in those Heat days, more so than any other time. I'm sure people are gonna rush in here to annihilate me, but let's face it. If you know the basic rules and principles of basketball, you know that they catered to him his entire career. If they didn't allow Shaquille O'Neal to offensive foul time and time and time again every, single, possession, he'd have had more fouls than points in his career. Shaq got away with murder in the NBA. But he was charismatic and great for TV.

And they could package him with Dwyane Wade. FLASH. Mr. "I wear the number 3 for the Holy Trinity". 19 FTA a game in the 2006 finals. A "high-flying, high-scoring" 2 guard with the "greatest big man to ever play/Superman".

I apologize for my Dwyane Wade rant. I just see this thread slowly heading to the Player A > Player B argument (insert who ever you want)... and I don't want Fraud Wade anywhere near that argument, with anyone. Nor do we need to be discussing if the Pistons were a better team than Miami.

When it's all said and done, the modern era is gonna belong to:

Mike, Kobe, LeBron, Duncan, Shaq. I wasn't a Kobe fan until recently, and I'm not the biggest Bron fan... but if you don't see that that's the 5 guys from the last 20 years, then man, I don't know what to tell you.

/pointlessrant
LeBron melo and wade all came in the same year so what does then being sophomores in the league have to do with anything? :lol: wade should have won mvp in 08-09 avg 30 a game. He was a lock down defender probably the greatest shot blocking two guard ever. Could get any shot he wanted at any time and was the ultimate difficult shot maker. Knocked down clutch shots time in and time out. He wasted most of his prime Years with middle of the pack / Garbage heat teams and carried them on his back. But yea he's a fraud and has fraud and has fraud championship credentials. Go check his stats from that 2011 finals if miami wins that he's finals MVP easily.

Last edited:
Not to mention in o9 Wade dunked on and over every person collecting a check in the NBA that wasn't in a Heat uniform.

Basically anybody that remembers Wade was great, and comments accordingly gets repped. Big ups for the respect

You really think at any point in their NBA careers together that Dwyane Wade was a more valuable player to a team than LeBron James? Really?

I was shocked because it looked like he was throwing the game. It didn't look like bad knees. I meant DEFENSE not OFFENSE

Last edited:
I was shocked because it looked like he was throwing the game. It didn't look like bad knees. I meant DEFENSE not OFFENSE

Buddy of mine said the exact thing. "Looks like point shaving."

Sad that his body deteriorated so fast.

Wade played reckless he stood no chance to last really long.
Dude was dope but not on kobes level and was never the best player in the league was dope tho. A top 10 sg of all time.

he's done his hops and Speed is gone..

Last edited:
Both Kobe and Shaq were douches. Shaq was an old and lazy douche. Kobe was a younger and hungrier douche. If you can only keep one, the decision is easy.

Hypothetical question since Kobe only won one more than shaq being younger - if you kept shaq assuming he ll be happy cause he remains in LA and win the beefing and you traded Kobe during the peak of his value and got some pieces to surround shaq again. do you think they can win more than 2 ? Hindsight is 20/20 but it took a "lopsided" trade for the lakers to get pau to get back on top

i think you could bring in at least one superstar player plus a couple of first round picks:

This is an example: Kobe for Mcgrady. or Kobe for Carter and Bosh, Kobe for Jason Kidd, Kobe for Nash and Fynley, Kobe for pretty everyone escluded Garnett and Tim Duncan at that point.

And yes you can win multiple championship with shaq, kidd or shaq Nash and Finley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom