2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think it was the "Braids" that gave Leonard the super powers to tame the heat..lol

Funny how things work.
Mark Cuban blew up a championship squad, and everybody said he was stupid.
On the contrast, the Miami Heat kept the team together, gave it one more go and everyone says it was a horrible decision now that they lost in the Finals.
Kind of damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Ummm...they kept mostly the same team together, won another title, then they lost. That's not at all what the Mavs did :lol:. Cuban just immediately blew that team up being overconfident that he could get Dwight and Paul/D-Will. I have been wondering for awhile if that Mavs team could've done more if they were kept together, or if that was a perfect storm of things.

durant is salty for no reason.
 i don't think he's salty necessarily, but it sure does make him sound that way

wrong time for him to be making those kinds of comments especially after he went practically mia during his opportunities 

i don't think he's salty necessarily, but it sure does make him sound that way

wrong time for him to be making those kinds of comments especially after he went practically mia during his opportunities 
yea just bad timing.... plus ppl wanting to make a mountain out of a molehill

dont even think anyone was addressing kevin durant directly, he just responded to a tweet :lol:

dont even think anyone was addressing kevin durant directly, he just responded to a tweet
laugh.gif
It was a convo between he and a friend.

Julius F. Wrek

Ummm...they kept mostly the same team together, won another title, then they lost. That's not at all what the Mavs did :lol:. Cuban just immediately blew that team up being overconfident that he could get Dwight and Paul/D-Will. I have been wondering for awhile if that Mavs team could've done more if they were kept together, or if that was a perfect storm of things.
Post was in regards to the team last year and this team.
Battier and Chalmers should have been replaced.
No reason for them to still have been on that roster for the 2013-14 season.

Cuban is going to retool a bit this summer. I expect Dallas to battle for the 2 seed next year and meet the Spurs in conference finals. Team from the east will be where ever Bron ends up, Miami or Cleveland.

Ah, finally got caught up on the thread, have to say I'm somewhat disappointed. Not enough slander.

Anyway complete and utter domination and destruction of the Heatles by San Antonio, could have easily been a sweep; but a good ol gentleman's sweep sufficed quite well.

It was all good just two weeks ago, Bosh had 3 straight 20 point games vs IND and Wade was avg 20 ppg. Miami will sweep! Win in 5 easily! In all of 10 days, they suck, need to retire, time to go, etc. Just a funny narrative.

Bottom line, LBJ doesn't get those two titles without them and all the other role players showing up and showing out in 2012 and 2013; similarly if LBJ would have shown up in 2011 and not left Wade and Bosh out to dry, they could have already 3 peated, but y'all have it. Way I see it it's even, his supporting cast didn't play well in 2014 and he didn't play well in 2011 and they lost both. He's not this mythical world beater that just can make "the face" and overcome a great team by himself. He's not MJ, never will be MJ who was that guy. Too many times this series he disappeared and was bizzaro Bron. He put up a lot of empty stats that had little to no impact on the game and often weren't when his team needed them most sans the 3rd qtr of Game 2.

Going forward for Miami:

1. You're all dreaming if you think Wade's going away in any form or fashion. He's the major reason that the triumvirate formed in the first place and he is the Miami Heat, he's ingrained in that organization, community, and is teflon there despite his struggles in this series. It's also wishful thinking to think he'll take a paycut, especially if he knows his body is going to continue to deteriorate, why would you give up 20 mil? You've got 3 rings, one won by yourself basically (refs), you've acquiesced to LBJ coming there and helping him get over whatever mental hurdle it was that happened in 2011. He's apparently safe as the 3rd best SG ever so he really has nothing else to prove.

2. Bosh, I think the whole thing hinges on whether he decides to opt-in, opt out and leave or opt in and take a paycut. He gets so much undeserved flak for his play, yet anybody with a brain and that watches the game can see the transformation from initially in 2010 to 2014. They've catered the offense in totality to LBJ and regulated him to nothing more than a spot up shooter, which is unfortunate because he can do so much more, see him dropping 40 earlier this year when LBJ was out vs POR. I personally hope he goes to HOU somehow and flourish, he'd be exactly what they would need from an offensive and defensive standpoint next to Dwight.

3. Obviously everything hinges on what Bron decides to do, he has what looks to be an easy decision to make, but at the deeper levels it's not so simple. Without some serious financial sacrifices by the other two guys, they aren't going to be able to overhaul the roster enough to bring in impact talent. Outside of Melo this free agent class doesn't have those type of players unless they do the unthinkable and bring in Lance any of the other guys (Bledsoe, Lowry etc.) will just cost too much. Also everyone says the East will continue to be a cakewalk, but if Carmelo goes to Chicago, Miami isn't beating them with the same squad next year in my opinion and a further regression will occur. It's unreasonable to think that they can go to 5 straight finals with this group they have. Just for the hilarity, I want Bron to leave, don't even care if it's LA, go back to CLE if he chooses, just leave Miami because he's going to continue to have to shoulder a load that he brought on himself, but I guess couldn't forsee ending up like this.

I was listening to Colin Cowherd last week who brought up a good point, them winning that title last year in the fashion they did may have hurt them long term. It masked the problems that were surfacing even last year (Wade's inconsistency, Bosh's diminished role, old age, lack of defense, Bron's elevated responsibilities). Them losing last year would have forced more drastic moves to improve the team while not having to deal with Bron being a free agent and even having the option to walk away. They're the oldest team in the league with maybe a 7 man rotation that contributes anything. Now they got mollywhopped at the worst possible time and I think this summer will be fascinating as the league as a whole may be in upheaval ala 2010 off two guys decisions this time instead of 3.

I doubt the Mavs repeat as champs if they kept that core together. I think that team used everything in their tank to win that series. Besides Dirk, I can't think of any of the Mavs maintaining the level of production they had that season/post-season.

Kidd, Chandler, and Terry became all but ghosts after that finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom