2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually sit here and LOL to my self

I don't get it. If you "already know this is going to be rigged for the Heat" how can watching the game even be remotely enjoyable? Like if it's that's distasteful, and that egregious, How can you continue to watch it? Dead serious when I say I don't get it :lol:

I don't get it. If you "already know this is going to be rigged for the Heat" how can watching the game even be remotely enjoyable? Like if it's that's distasteful, and that egregious, How can you continue to watch it? Dead serious when I say I don't get it :lol:

Just hope that the underdog outplays the refs, see: Mavs. It's not like the refs can stop the Spurs the other night.

Well the only thing I can say is that it's not the referee's taking/making the shots, that's all on the players. BUT enough trips to the FT line, and players getting fouled out will drastically change the landscape of the game.

Just hope that the underdog outplays the refs, see: Mavs. It's not like the refs can stop the Spurs the other night.
You've tried to make these underdog outplays the ref point so many times I couldn't even count it on my fingers and toes

Last edited:
Well the only thing I can say is that it's not the referee's taking/making the shots, that's all on the players. BUT enough trips to the FT line, and players getting fouled out will drastically change the landscape of the game.
And in that case wouldn't that favor the spurs? Pretty sure they've shot more fTs then Miami this series.

See '06 finals

Nah, that's stupid to me. You're not even watching to enjoy the game, to see a good game. you're watching to see just how bad the refereeing is and to see if the underdog can defeat some huge conspiracy against them.

That's dumb. It takes away from a truly great game that for the most part is pretty well officiated relatively. You're not even watching to see the best teams hoop anymore. That's just pointless.

Y'all are delusional. The refs could've easily handed the game to miami in the second half of game 3. If the nba has an agenda, nobody can stop them.

Last edited:
I don't think refs control every aspect of the game. There's a lot of competition out there to enjoy, especially these two teams. But the refs possess and employ the ability to keep games "entertaining." Not a doubt in my mind. The rules are different for LeBron and we all just accept it like it's whatever. Wtf does superstar treatment exist? What other league is that O.K.? Rules are different for the Heat and especially James because the NBA is desperate for the new Jordan. Of course James is good but he's that much better because he's untouchable. I also think the refs suck, from the standpoint they're not good at their jobs, which also makes the NBA painful to watch.

Last edited:

Look...If you only point out the "bad calls" then the NBA is of course going to be horribly officiated to you. The fact of the matter is, the NBA game is terrifically hard to officiate. Relatively speaking, the officiating is pretty good and 9 times out of 10, games do not come down to who got robbed by the officials. That's just a narrative that's being pushed by guys who secretly hope that there is some type of conspiracy of bigger proportions happening when there's very little that says that is so.

Y'all are delusional. The refs could've easily handed the game to miami in the second half of game 3. If the nba has and agenda, nobody can stop them.

Heat come back and win game three with refs help the series is over. Nobody tuning in.

85% Heat got the game tonight. Refs hands will be all over it too. There will be a lot of ticky tack frustrating whistle against the Spurs. Their starters will be force to sit with foul troubles. Miami will feed off it and get going. There are just too much money to be made on TV for Silver to end the Finals in just 5 games. But if Spurs do win tonight you better bet it is over for Miami in game 5 lol.

Classic hedge with a made up percentage stat thrown in for the thrills :smokin

It's rarely ever the FT disparity. It's much more common to stop runs, get players in foul trouble, and make a team play soft defense and or not go in the paint because they will call Ticky tack or not call any fouls respectively.

Its an art not a science. And some of these guys are da Vinci.

images

lol yea right

I wanna see Diaw get a triple double in one of these games.

That'd be a sight to see with his current averages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom