2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

I'd get those first 3 players....thoughts?

tough... you'd be getting the better end of the deal, but you have Romo, so really you're only getting one sure starter (MJD) back and giving away 2.

Garcon @ STL
Desean vs BAL
Pick 1.
Garcon if he plays through the foot injury. Maclin is questionable for Sunday and Eagles signed Gilyard. D-Jax was already drawing the opponent's #1 corner (Haden for Cleveland). B-More expected to get lots of pressure on MV7. Obviously if Garcon can't go against STL, you insert DeSean.

I have to drop one WR because I'm over the limit. Who would you guys drop between the WRs on this list:
Donnie Avery - picked up because Austin Collie might get injured again
Heyward-Bey, Darrius vs Miami this week
Bess, Davone - picked up because he's either the number 1 or 2 receiver --- vs OAK this week
Hawkins, Andrew - picked up because he was targeted 8 times and caught all passes last week ---- vs CLE this week
Williams, Mike vs NYG this week
Receivers that I'm keeping:
Marshall, Brandon
Jones, Julio
Thanks for the input.
Mike Williams is a keeper, has good chemistry with Freeman. Could have a comparable season to V-Jax in Tampa.

Bess is the only receiving option in Miami, keep him even though Tanny isn't very good. More valuable in PPR formats.

DHB may not be as a good as D. Moore, but keep him as well. Has the speed and athleticism to be Oakland's #2 receiving threat for Carson Palmer.

That leaves Hawkins and Avery. Avery is a burner but I like Hawkins by a good margin. He was targeted early and often by Dalton. Hawkins is a sleeper in deeper leagues.

Drop Avery for now.

Say Garcon is healthy, is he worth replacing either Benjarvis (vs Browns) or A. Morris (vs Rams)?
or should I just go with 3 RB with MJD added to the mix.
WR's set are Megatron and Cobb
Not over Law Firm, but definitely over Morris. Fluke performance W1 for Morris until he does it again and proves himself with Shanny. Garcon is RG3's Smitty. Can't sit him if he's healthy enough to suit up.

Should I start Michael Bush over Antonio Brown (Revis will be on him)?
Hope this gets to you in time. Yes, if that NYJ match-up is confirmed. Figured the Steelers would do that after Champ played A. Brown all game for Denver. That means Wallace and Sanders will cook. Bush gets goal-line carries. Should punch one in tonight in a high-scoring affair.

Welp Adam Shefter just confirmed Greg Jennings Inactive, adjust accordingly *Fantasy Owners
Greg has heart, wanted to play and hoped to play but just couldn't go. Short week, smart to let him sit and get the three extra days rest on top of a week. Jennings will hopefully be completely healthy by W3.

News posted on Andrew Hawkins on CBSsports
Film review: Hawkins looks like Welker: Bengals second-year receiver Andrew Hawkins caught the eye of many Fantasy owners with his eight-catch, 86-yard game against the Ravens on Monday. Was it a fluke or might he be a key figure in the Cincy offense? Hawkins wasn't on the field all the time (37 snaps) but did catch the overwhelming majority of his targets outside in the flats, screening the Ravens defense and stretching them horizontally. Where Hawkins then made an impact was with his quickness, often running toward the sideline and picking up gobs of yardage. His only incompletion came on a poorly thrown pass by quarterback Andy Dalton.
(Updated 09/13/2012)
Huge sleeper in deep leagues, my man. Scoop him up before everyone else in America finds out about Hawkins. A.J. is always drawing the best cover corner. Gresham creates some space in the middle of the field. Hawkins should continue to produce in receptions (PPR). Dalton seems to favor targeting Andrew as well.

I built that team around AJ and Julio... I think as constructed that team doesn't have a weakness. This fantasy football life is more stressful than it should be :lol:

Thank you guys for the input though. Definitely appreciated.

Should I run Randall Cobb in my flex or pick up James Jones and play him?
Or just hold off, and use Donald Brown vs MIN or Kevin Smith @SF?
Hope this gets to you before kickoff. K. Smith is a sit this week. I'd go Brown or Cobb. James Jones is starting for Jennings but don't see him outscoring Cobb. Drops are a problem and Cobb is a return threat. Long story short, go Cobb or Brown. Leave Jones where he is.

Jennings confirmed out. Any way Cobb (v. CHI) gets a start over Reggie Wayne (v. MIN) or Stevie Johnson (v. KC)?
Hope you get this in time. No, I'm not starting him over Wayne or Stevie. I'd go Wayne, Stevie, and Cobb in that order. Stevie is Fitzpatrick's only receiving weapon currently. However, I see Reggie exploiting Minnesota's corners all game long to benefit Luck's production.

Something is telling me to bench Fitzgerald..no quarterback to throw to him. What should I do? I was thinking about throwing in Cobb for the replacement.
No way. Fitz is still a must-start even if Kolb or Skelton runs Q. Look at his production last year with the same mediocre QBs. Best hands in the league. He'll produce, I guarantee it. Extra motivation with Julio and A.J. pushing Fitz.

Heard revis may not make the trip still having foggy headaches whatever that means
Yes, that's the rumor in the NY sports media currently. On some Percy Harvin-type situation. Would change the fantasy landscape for A. Brown tremendously. However, I still think Revis suits up and gives it a go against Pittsburgh at Heinz. They need him to.

Would you guys sit Dexter McCluster in favor of Knowshon Moreno? Yahoo has Knowshon projected higher but McCluster received a lot of looks last week and I don't know that Buffalo will be able to stop him consistently.
Absolutely not. McCluster is the easy start, even more so in PPR formats. Moreno is backup depth, not starter material. Unless he supplants McGahee as the Denver starter at RB.

Ry has been forcing the issue since W1. Dude wanted to go on MNF against the Raiders. I see limited effectiveness W2, but from W3 on Matthews could be RB1 money. I'd trade for him now in all leagues. Beast in PPR. Top-10 fantasy potential.

NT fam lmk what ya think!
QB- Eli Manning
RB- Matt Forte
RB- Ray Rice
WR- Victor Cruz
WR- Wes Welker
TE- Fred Davis
W/R Reggie Bush
W/R/T Jordy Nelson
DEF- Giants
K- J. Hanson
Bench:
Alfred morris
V Jax
Lance moore
Micheal Bush
jay cutler
Do I switch Morris for anyone? He's going up against the rams.
I'm tempted to insert Lance Moore again against Carolina but can't justify benching anyone currently in your starting lineup. I think Moore outscores Colston in fantasy again this week.

You mean jones instead...from what im hearing cobb is being used as a percy harvin in that offense Wr/slot/rb screens and punt returns Cobb all day :pimp:
McCarthy is brilliant on the offensive side of the ball. Will get Cobb touches and targets. Return threat a bonus. Randall is extremely versatile, shifty. Good down-field speed. Love his game more than Jones in every aspect. James drops too many footballs for my liking. Dude's on the sideline doing push-ups for his receiver coach on a constant basis, or buying the other WRs Best Buy gift cards.

I built that team around AJ and Julio... I think as constructed that team doesn't have a weakness. This fantasy football life is more stressful than it should be :lol:
Thank you guys for the input though. Definitely appreciated.
If it makes you feel better, I'd also part with A.J. before Julio by a slight margin in fantasy. Can't believe I'm saying that because I still think A.J. is the better receiver in real life and berated Atlanta for not giving up better or more picks to steal him from Cincy and "settling" for Julio.

You clearly win on Cutler over Flacco.

Is MJD over Bradshaw worth the major difference between A.J. and Washington? I have to think about it, truly.

Totally canceled the trade and told my buddy I'm getting cold feet. :lol:

I'd like to sit down (away from work) and measure the playoff schedules/bye weeks among other things. Like I said before, I don't think that team has a weakness right now. And I put very little stock in a backup QB so even though Cutler is better than Flacco, I'm not too worried about that part.

In his case, I understand why he needs a top WR. His team currently has Garcon, Cobb, DHB, and Blackmon. His RB's are Charles, CJ2k (who he'd also part with), MJD, and Doug Martin. Getting Bradshaw back for MJD doesn't put his CJ2k worries at ease anymore. But AJ certainly upgrades his pedestrian WR unit.

Totally canceled the trade and told my buddy I'm getting cold feet. :lol:
I'd like to sit down (away from work) and measure the playoff schedules/bye weeks among other things. Like I said before, I don't think that team has a weakness right now. And I put very little stock in a backup QB so even though Cutler is better than Flacco, I'm not too worried about that part.
In his case, I understand why he needs a top WR. His team currently has Garcon, Cobb, DHB, and Blackmon. His RB's are Charles, CJ2k (who he'd also part with), MJD, and Doug Martin. Getting Bradshaw back for MJD doesn't put his CJ2k worries at ease anymore. But AJ certainly upgrades his pedestrian WR unit.
Could you wiggle away Charles or Martin instead of Cutler in the same deal from your buddy?

hopefully cobb isnt seriously injured... ive never seen him rush on a straight up draw before...if he wears all these titles... WR/RB/Punt returner... could be fantasy gold

Last edited:
Just got home, is Cobb hurt? I started him. :smh:

And I tied last week 101 to 101 on ESPN and they updated the score today and I lost by 2 points. WTF is that about. :smh:

hopefully cobb isnt seriously injured... ive never seen him rush on a straight up draw before...if he wears all these titles... WR/RB/Punt returner... could be fantasy gold
Durability is a slight concern. Not the biggest guy (frame) in the world. 5'10'', 190.

Back
Top Bottom