2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

Cobb, Driver is down and I don't see GB losing 2 games.
I like stevie but it depends on Berry playing
I love Brandon Flowers but it was his first full practice in 44 days. Julio cooked with him out W1. Stevie could take advantage W2 with Flowers getting back into game shape.

His Cam Newton for my Peyton Manning. He has both Denver receivers (Thomas & Decker) so I understand why he wants Manning.
Would y'all do it?
And also Brandon Flowers. He was limited in yesterday's practice so I'm thinking Brandon plays Sunday. He'd most likely be on Stevie all game.
Easily. ADP tells you so. Cam's a second-rounder. Peyton like a fifth at best. Running ability largely in Newton's favor. Obviously the opposing manager is happy to make the Denver connection. Potentially a win-win unless you reject the deal and wrangle Decker or Demaryius from him.

Nahh man my friend that has Julio and Doug Martin is a huge Eagles fan and drafted Martin knowing that it would be his way to getting McCoy :lol:. No way I can get him in any scenario without giving up McCoy. But he does have Reggie Bush and I'm sure I could throw in McGahee and get Bush in return...but I'm not sure how much I trust Reggie Bush. I definitely trust McGahee a lot more than I'll ever trust Reggie Bush with anything, especially in as terrible of an offense as Reggie's in.
But maybe he'd take Fitz for Doug Martin and that would give me McCoy, Martin, McGahee and Michael Bush as my RB's......and it would give my friend Calvin Johnson, Fitz, Julio and Bolden as his receivers but he'd be left with Reggie Bush, Jonathan Dwyer, Hillis, Blount and Rashad Jennings as his RB's. Idk what to do but Julio and Doug Martin for McCoy is really tempting.
Fitz for Martin is ridiculous, way too much on your end. I'd go back to square one with Shady for Julio and Martin. Then flipping Fitz for Matthews or better. Good plan. Strengthens your RB2 while keeping your receivers strong as well. Losing Fitz and Shady to get Julio, Martin, and Matthews is worth it long-term IMO. Matthews was a top-5 fantasy player (projected) by Yahoo and others pre-injury. Julio is seriously pushing to be the second or third best fantasy WR after Megatron. Martin, I just love that Schiano will pound him like Ray.

also seems like Jennings isnt playing tonight as well
Greg Jennings was officially listed as doubtful. But apparently he wants and hopes to play. No matter what, he's a sit this week for me. It's like Sproles right now trying to play hampered by injury. He's not all there and you can tell.

Helpp Champ on the last comment...and also im really tempted starting Cobb at the flex or WR n benching Bowe by putting Alfred Morris...Matt Cassel is mad suspect :smh:
I could justify Cobb over Bowe maybe but certainly not Morris over Bowe. The safe play is still to start Bowe at WR and Cobb in the Flex. Sit Morris.

Hey Champ,

Right now i have my roster set as

Brees
Cruz
DHB
Forte
Richardson
V. Davis
Garcon (FLEX)
NYG D

I'm worried that Garcon will not play as he did not practice yesterday.  My gut is telling me to replace him with Hillis in the FLEX if he is ruled out.  I also have Pierre Thomas, Randy Moss, or McCluster I could put in the Flex.  I havent seen enough of McCluster to trust him yet. I lost Maclin to injury this week too, so hopefully I can squeeze a W this week while Garcon and Maclin recover.

Also, just noticed someone dropped D. Moore, should I cut someone to add him?

Thanks in advance Champ
I would definitely pickup D. Moore. His value will kick in from W3 on most likely. He's the Oakland WR to own, not DHB. I might seriously drop DHB for Moore. Don't wait too long on that move.

Garcon's foot could be an issue. I'd track closely until Saturday.

If he can't play, I'm starting McCluster in the Flex especially if it's a PPR league. Hillis or Thomas after that.

I think Cobb at the flex is kind of a reach, but if they use him the same way they did last week then he is a worth flex guy.
It's certainly a risk that I believe in based on the way McCarthy gets him touches. Percy-type but still utilized differently. Return specialty a bonus if he runs one back. I think he scores more fantasy points than James Jones tonight.

should i start Jordy Nelson and Packers D/ST tonight?
Jordy is a must-start with Jennings likely out. He's going to cook along with Finley and probably Cobb.

However, I would not start GB DEF in any league. That's a sit this week. Got another option? Could even drop them and play weekly match-ups, honestly.

That's between D-Mo and Mike Bush. The Bears should be able to move the ball effectively against GB's defense, especially on a short week. I expect to see Bush get some opportunities at the goaline to capitalize.On the other hand, D-Mo should be back this weekend against MIA and is sure to be a favorite target for Carson. Tough call, but if it were me, I'd give the edge to Mike.
Since you're an Oakland fan, do you know or believe if D. Moore can/will make an impact immediately post-injury W2 against MIA?

Reactions: mmg
I plan on starting the Pats def vs Cards over the 9ers vs Lions...Honestly the Cards are going to get demolished knowing how kolb has happy feet in the pocket...but whats the deal with Bowe man seriously...
Bowe had no camp holding out for a long-term deal and eventually signing the franchise tender. Cassel is terrible, don't like his pocket presence or QB abilities at all. But he's the only potential target in KC with Moeaki and McCluster.

If you plan to hold NE DEF long-term, there's no one on your roster or bench to drop for Cutler. Holding three QBs is a difficult situation.

Reactions: mmg
I'm waiting for my boy T.Y. Hilton to get his shine. He is nestled on my bench in deeper leagues. Almost felt the same about Lavon Brazill, but he's off to a rocky start.
T.Y. Hilton will be a good receiver either this year or the next. Brazill I don't believe in as much. I suppose that's why Indy only spent a sixth-rounder on Lavon.

Champ,

What's your take on DST for the following teams in week 2?

Oakland vs Miami Dolphins (Rookie QB, lack of receivers, and only Reggie Bush to worry about. The only part i don't like is that the Raiders are playing away.)
SD vs Tenn (My choice currently cause Locker looks horrid and CJ2K just doesn't look the same anymore. Plus SD is playing at home.
Cincy vs Browns (Cincy at home and they play the Browns whose offense looked horrid. Weedon/T. Richardson don't look like they will do much.)

Champ,
What's your take on DST for the following teams in week 2?
Oakland vs Miami Dolphins (Rookie QB, lack of receivers, and only Reggie Bush to worry about. The only part i don't like is that the Raiders are playing away.)
SD vs Tenn (My choice currently cause Locker looks horrid and CJ2K just doesn't look the same anymore. Plus SD is playing at home.
Cincy vs Browns (Cincy at home and they play the Browns whose offense looked horrid. Weedon/T. Richardson don't look like they will do much.)
Cincy definitely first. Zimmer is too good a DC to allow the Bengals to perform like they did in W1. That was also the NFL's first look at Cam's new no-huddle in Baltimore.

Oakland second because of Tanny being a developmental player. They have no offensive weapons that are threatening outside of Reggie.

San Diego's defensive personnel is nowhere near the level when Merriman and SP were ballin' out as OLB. CJ2K could very well go off with some running lanes. Locker a threat with his legs. Britt back in action.

Since you're an Oakland fan, do you know or believe if D. Moore can/will make an impact immediately post-injury W2 against MIA?

It's a tough call and the extent of my info is tweets from journalists watching Oakland practice. Here's what they have to say:

]

I think the Dolphins are a favorable passing matchup. Sean Smith (Dolphins best cover/man corner) will most likely alternate between DHB and Moore. Smith is a good player, but he's not Revis. Plus having DHB, Moore, DMC on the field simultaneously benefits the passing game immensely. I can't say Moore at WR2 is a safe play, but I think he'll be ready to go and will get room because of the Defense trying to primarily hold the Raiders run game in check. What are your options aside from Moore at WR2?

Also, got a blockbuster in the works....

My AJ Green/Bradshaw/Flacco for his MJD/Nate Washington/Cutler

I have Julio, Jordy, and D-Mo at WR. Forte, Benjarvus, and M Bush at RB.

Last edited:
I have to drop one WR because I'm over the limit. Who would you guys drop between the WRs on this list:

Donnie Avery - picked up because Austin Collie might get injured again
Heyward-Bey, Darrius vs Miami this week
Bess, Davone - picked up because he's either the number 1 or 2 receiver --- vs OAK this week
Hawkins, Andrew - picked up because he was targeted 8 times and caught all passes last week ---- vs CLE this week
Williams, Mike vs NYG this week

Receivers that I'm keeping:
Marshall, Brandon
Jones, Julio

Thanks for the input.

Last edited:
How many ppl in your league? I'd probably drop Bess because his QB situation is shaky at best. Donnie Avery a close second.

Got you, Mez. Rare two days off in a row from the office. Taking advantage by relaxing, working out, and going out to eat.
Spiller may be worth that inflated price, but I don't blame you for passing. That's fiscally prudent with your FA budget.
Smart to get the Wilson handcuff, prevents the Bradshaw owner from doing so. He'll play once Coughlin trusts him not to fumble.
Cincy DEF is a safe play for multiple weeks in a row. I'd drop Arizona DEF for a RB/WR only because they're not top-10 and Kolb won't preserve possessions.
I was going to recommend Cobb over D-Jax. No type of protection for Vick W1 and Maclin is likely out with a bad hip. Meaning all coverage is focused on D-Jax. I think Cobb nabs a receiving or return TD tonight. Bit of risk but I'd pull the trigger on that change/move.
Garcon has been missing practice with the foot injury. I'd track that injury all the way up until Saturday.
Can't go wrong with Gonzalez or VD. I like Tony, but if your hunch says Davis grabs a TD against DET, go for it, man. Always trust your gut. My rationale is that with Champ locking down either Roddy or Julio, that opens the field up for Tony and the other receiver that draws Porter in coverage.

Say Garcon is healthy, is he worth replacing either Benjarvis (vs Browns) or A. Morris (vs Rams)?

or should I just go with 3 RB with MJD added to the mix.

WR's set are Megatron and Cobb

Back
Top Bottom